Names for a Unified World Championship

Mr.Fortuna

Luck is on my side
If the WWE Champion faced off against The World Heavyweight Champion in a unification match what would the new championship be called? Would it just be The WWE Undisputed Championship again or would you give it another name.

WWE Heavyweight Championship?
WWE World Championship?
WWE Championship?

I would go with the WWE World Championship, it has a nice ring to it.. Might not be a good idea to use the "WWE Undisputed Championship" as a name anymore because i think the word "undisputed" has been used a vast amount of times in the past..

But even if they were to call it "WWE Undisputed Championship" it would still sound good

I would probably go for the World Wrestling Entertainment Heavyweight Championship or WWE Heavyweight Championship seeing as they use WWE as the actual name nowdays.

How about just going back to the old days of saying either WWE CHAMPION or World Heavyweight Championship and it meaning the same thing? I think that would be good.

WWE Heavyweight Champion.

And they should certainly dispose of that stupid Spinner title and keep the NWA Belt.

wwe heavyweight championship. im a fan of cena (i know, rare on a forum lol) but that belt is god awful. it was cool for the first year but now its time for change. my pick is one of the old winged eagle belts

Just simply the WWE World Heavyweight Championship as most other companys call their premier title this.

e.g:

TNA World Heavyweight Championship
ROH World Heavyweight Championship
NWA World Heavyweight Championship

To name a few...

Or...how bout this one.

The WWE We are going to make this look really goofy, so that we can make toy versions of them, and then it can go and make us more money Championship.

The WWE Championship should suffice.The wrestlers can either call themselves the WWE Champion or the World Champion,whichever pops into their heads during a promo.I think one of the Raw wrestlers called the WWE Championship the World Championship a couple of weeks ago and a few smarky people went: "Nehhhh it's the WWE TITLE! Not the WORLD TITLE!".Calling it the Heavyweight title would be illogical,since guys like Mysterio and Daniel Bryan would be challenging for the belt.

I'd go for specifically calling it the WWE World Championship. I'd then do away with both the Spinner belt and the Big Gold Belt and come up with a new design. The spinner belt has been an abomination since it was introduced. At least Austin's Smoking Skull belt was cool looking.

Although I do admit I think it would be kind of cool if Orton came up with a new snake themed custom belt sometime in the future.

I'd call it the WWE Global Championship.

It sets it apart from just calling it the Undisputed WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Besides, some guys that've earned that belt wouldn't really qualify as a Heavyweight (ala Rey Mysterio, Jr.)

Just the WWE Championship.

Saying 'Heavyweight' implies a weight restriction or that there is a lower weight belt on the go, which there isn't and doesn't seem likely to be.

Adding 'World' is a bit redundant as the name of the company is World Wrestling Entertainment.

I like "WWE World Championship."

I would eliminate "Heavyweight" from it because otherwise when guys like Mysterio hold it, it sounds ridiculous.

Either go with that or just calli it the WWE Championship.

Just the WWE Championship.

Saying 'Heavyweight' implies a weight restriction or that there is a lower weight belt on the go, which there isn't and doesn't seem likely to be.

Adding 'World' is a bit redundant as the name of the company is World Wrestling Entertainment.

Actually, the company is now simply called "WWE" not World Wrestling Entertainment.

I agree with your point about the "heavyweight" distinction. I think that's partially why I've never bought into a guy like Rey Mysterio. If he had won the WWE title first, I would have believed it but when he won the HEAVYWEIGHT title, I just laughed my ass off and the title became totally illegitimate as a HEAVYWEIGHT belt.

I would just call it the WWE Championship. That title has more history anyway and it's been obvious for a long time that they consider it to be more prestigious. When you think about who the hot topic in WWE is, you think of the WWE Champion. Plus, unlike most people, I absolutely love its current design.

I always pictured if they unified the titles it will be called the WWE World Heavyweight Championship to unify also the history between the two titles.

As for the belt design ... I would like them to keep the Big Gold Belt. It would be shame if the spinner belt becomes the the unified title. It just seems .... wrong.

Either that or a brand new belt design but with the last ECW, Tag Team, and Diva belt designs the WWE hasn't been very good with designing championship belts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back