• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Name your Survivor Series dream team.

lowandmighty

lowandmightyer
Just a fun sort of fantasy thing I thought of and wondered who people would choose. You can go with 5 or 4 member teams and combine wrestlers from any era.

I'm going with the traditional 5 and they would be.

Hulk Hogan - How could you not pick the most legendary wrestling superstar ever, he can Hulk up and turn the tide when he's tagged in.

The Big Show - I had to make a choice here between Andre The Giant and Big Show because I want a mammoth to back up the team and be hard to eliminate even by some of the best wrestlers. I went with Big Show because I think he was always a bit more agile than Andre.

Kane - With the number of times he's been a tag team champion, I had to give him a spot. He's shown he can win tag matches with almost any partner and not only is he big and tough but he's a team player and survivor series matches are tag team matches after all.

Chris Jericho - A smart opportunist with good speed as well as technical ability. Jericho perfectly fills the void left by monsters and brawlers like Hogan and Big Show.

Alberto Del Rio - I just want to hear Ricardo Rodriguez announce their victory.

How about you? Do you have a survivor series dream team to trounce mine?

Good idea for a topic, this might be cheating but I'd like to do two one for WWF/E and one for WCW:

WWF/E

Hulk Hogan - 1988
Macho Man - 1988
Bret Hart - late 1996/7
The Rock - 2000
Kurt Angle - 2000-01

WCW

Sting - 1990
Ric Flair - 1988-90
Lex Luger - 1988-90
Big Van Vader - 1992
Goldberg - 1998

My choices are simply because I believe these era were when these guys were at their best.

Team Canada

Bret "The Hitman" Hart (Captain)
Chris Jericho
Edge
Christian

Vs

Team USA

Shawn Michaels (Captain)
Triple H
Jeff Hardy
Matt Hardy

I think this would be an incredible match. All 8 of these men have alot of experience in Tag-Team matches (in The Hart Foundation, Rockers, D-Generation X, Hardy Boyz, Edge & Christian, Y2J & Christian) and this would certainly benefit them in a Survivor Series style match.

Plus, there is the bitter rivalry between Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels (+ Triple H), the history Edge & Christian have with The Hardy Boyz, Jericho's past feuds with HBK, Jericho's constant mocking of Triple H's wife Stephanie McMahon...the list goes on.

With each team having 2 all time greats (Hart/Y2J and HBK/Triple H), another former multi-time Champion (Edge and Jeff Hardy) and two upper mid-carders (Christian and Matt Hardy), they are very well matched. I believe these teams would give us a balance of technical, high-flying, brawling and traditional style wrestling, in an absolute classic. I couldn't call who would win this.

Here's my Survivor Series team-The Eviscerators

The Undertaker-He's had a good amount of memorable Survivor Series moments, starting with his debut at the 1990 Survivor Series, followed by beating Hogan a year later for the WWF Title with Flair's help, then in 1992, beating Kamala in the first ever Coffin Match, in 1994 defeating Yokozuna in a Casket Match and in 1996 when he decisively beat Mankind, among others. Not to mention he'd be an obvious choice for team captain.

Kane-As you've stated, lowandmighty, Kane's a great tag team wrestler. Kane hasn't had as many memorable Survivor Series moments, except annihilating Mankind in the 1997 Survivor Series in his debut match. Nonethelss, Kane's capable of taking multiple people out, hence why I included him in the team.

Jake The Snake Roberts-Jake Roberts was the first wrestler in the WWF to form an alliance with Taker and make it work(Flair and Taker aligned in late 91 starting with Flair helping Taker beat Hogan at the 1991 Survivor Series, but Jake and Taker had better chemistry). Not only that, Roberts was a master at out-thinking his opponents. A great asset for any team.

1996 Mankind-Before Mankind started wearing a tie and carrying around Mr. Socko, he was a ruthless, maniacal motherfucker who had intro music and separate outro music. His outro music was piano music which fit his character perfectly in the sense that the calm, creepy piano outro music conveyed the joy Mankind felt after eviscerating his opponents.

Raven-Raven always had great ring psychology, much like the other 4 wrestlers I've already mentioned. Raven also was merciless, morbid and loved to use weapons. It's a damn shame, by the way, that we never got to see a Raven/Taker feud in 1997/1998. That would've been classic.

Here's my Survivor Series team-The Eviscerators

The Undertaker-He's had a good amount of memorable Survivor Series moments, starting with his debut at the 1990 Survivor Series, followed by beating Hogan a year later for the WWF Title with Flair's help, then in 1992, beating Kamala in the first ever Coffin Match, in 1994 defeating Yokozuna in a Casket Match and in 1996 when he decisively beat Mankind, among others. Not to mention he'd be an obvious choice for team captain.

Kane-As you've stated, lowandmighty, Kane's a great tag team wrestler. Kane hasn't had as many memorable Survivor Series moments, except annihilating Mankind in the 1997 Survivor Series in his debut match. Nonethelss, Kane's capable of taking multiple people out, hence why I included him in the team.

Jake The Snake Roberts-Jake Roberts was the first wrestler in the WWF to form an alliance with Taker and make it work(Flair and Taker aligned in late 91 starting with Flair helping Taker beat Hogan at the 1991 Survivor Series, but Jake and Taker had better chemistry). Not only that, Roberts was a master at out-thinking his opponents. A great asset for any team.

1996 Mankind-Before Mankind started wearing a tie and carrying around Mr. Socko, he was a ruthless, maniacal motherfucker who had intro music and separate outro music. His outro music was piano music which fit his character perfectly in the sense that the calm, creepy piano outro music conveyed the joy Mankind felt after eviscerating his opponents.

Raven-Raven always had great ring psychology, much like the other 4 wrestlers I've already mentioned. Raven also was merciless, morbid and loved to use weapons. It's a damn shame, by the way, that we never got to see a Raven/Taker feud in 1997/1998. That would've been classic.

Hahaha! "The Eviscerators". I didn't even think about naming my team. extra points for creativity.
Pretty formidable team too.

Ignoring babyface/heel personas, as I realize that might complicate matters, my 2 teams would be comprised of a mix of WWE/WCW/ECW guys who excel both in the ring and on the mic.... imagine the promos leading up to this dream match.

Stone Cold Steve Austin
Rowdy Roddy Piper
Shane McMahon
Tommy Dreamer
Bray Wyatt

vs.

CM Punk
Ric Flair
The Rock
HHH
Jake The Snake Roberts

nWo Hogan
Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase
X-Pac
Shane McMahon
Ric Flair

The Million Dollar Horsemen Nation of D-Generation Evolution Corporation Order

One ain't enough man, I'll give you five:

Hulk Hogan,
The Rock,
Stone Cold,
Brock Lesnar,
John Cena.

Andre The Giant,
Big Show,
Mark Henry,
Kane,
The Undertaker.

AJ Styles,
Christopher Daniels,
Kazarian,
Chris Sabin,
Alex Shelley.

Kharma,
Chyna,
Beth Phoenix,
Lita,
Trish Stratus.

Daniel Bryan,
CM Punk,
KENTA,
Kevin Steen,
Kaval.

Pre-show

Big in the 90s

Essa Rios
Droz
Just Joe
Marvellous Mark Mero
Kurrgan

Reppin' the 80s

Sam Houston
Danny Davis
The Outlaw Ron Bass
The Warlord
Iron Mike Sharpe

For seriousness' reasons, we might as well just call this the "Name your five favorite wrestlers" thread.

Along those lines...

Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase: WWWF/WWF Era
Rob Van Dam: feud with Jerry Lynn Era
Edge: Rated R Era
The Undertaker: Ministry/Corporate Ministry Era
Bray Wyatt: Current Era

Classic heel vs babyface match

Brock Lesnar
Diesel
HHH 99-01
Chris Jericho 08-10
Batista

vs

Stone Cold Steve Austin
The Rock
John Cena
Bret Hart
Daniel Bryan

Chris Jericho
Stone Cold Steve Austin
The Rock
Kurt Angle
Ric Flair*
Hulk Hogan*

*one will be the 5th member and the other will be the manager

CM Punk (2009)

Chris Jericho (Late 2001)

Bret Hart (1997 Before the Screwjob)

Daniel Bryan (2014 Before the Injury)

Razor Ramon or Scott Hall

Sting (surfer)
Ultimate Warrior
Hawk
Animal

vs

Ax
Smash
Crush (Demolition era)
The Great Muta

Not the "best" teams but just something I'd enjoy.

Using wrestlers from any era and any company you could probably put together a whole show that would be pretty cool.

Eddie Guerrero
CM Punk
Bret Hart
The Undertaker
Brock Lesnar

It's a weird group, but you have technicians, high flyers, and two big guys.

This team would be unstoppable. You have the best there is, the best in the world(not anymore), Latino Heat, the deadman, and the beast incarnate. No other team could come close to this.

Eddie Guerrero
CM Punk
Bret Hart
The Undertaker
Brock Lesnar

It's a weird group, but you have technicians, high flyers, and two big guys.

This team would be unstoppable. You have the best there is, the best in the world(not anymore), Latino Heat, the deadman, and the beast incarnate. No other team could come close to this.

Can't have the same guy twice.

My Survivor Series dream team would consist of different wrestlers from different promotions such as:

Cm Punk (wwe, 2011)
Daniel Bryan (wwe, 2013)
Samoa Joe (tna, 2005/06)
Austin Aries (tna, 2012)
Prince Devitt (NJPW)

That would be my team of sort of the underdogs if you will and I think that they would make a great team where they would all possibly survive and they'd be a face team where they go up against a heel team such as:

Brock Lesner (wwe, 2003)
Seth Rollins (wwe, 2014)
Antonio Cesaro (wwe, 2013)
Bram (tna, 2014)
Bray Wyatt (wwe, 2014)

That would also be a great heel team for the faces to go up against IMO, another one would be where you have the number 1 guys of vince mcmahon go up against his number 2 guys over the years.

Hulk Hogan
John Cena
The Rock
Shawn Michaels
Triple HHH

Stone Cold Steve Austin
Cm Punk
Randy Savage
The Ultimate Warrior
Bret Hart

To me those are the number 1 guys and number 2 guys that vince has always had starting from the mate 80's all the way up to now, that's my team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back