• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My 'Worst' Nightmare.. Really?

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
nightmare said:
dont be a tool. i understood ur 'point'& never said u thought they shouldnt be included. i understood you to say they had no name recognition to headline. and well my statement (as well as many other fans) says thats bullshit. AA\malenko are huge names to real fans, not just random assholes who chant goldberg at every event& fans of the 'pg' era who think history started with john cena.

dont put words in my mouth when i understood what u said in the first place.

And then there's this piece of shit.

You know, its funny I was talking to someone just the other day about how I try harder than most to be nice and not run people down.. but I'm going to make an exception for this guy.

I respect he has a difference of opinion than I do.
I respect that he feels I'm wrong on how I feel.

Thats where the respect ends.

What I think is entirely fucking stupid, is why this was waiting for me in my PM box.

When I replied to this little fuck-nugget in the thread he's referring about, and instead of being a man and debating me on why I'm "wrong", he decides this is the better option.

Now, allow me to highlight my favorite part.

nightmare said:
i understood you to say they had no name recognition to headline. and well my statement (as well as many other fans) says thats bullshit.

Well, I really don't like telling people they're fucked beyond all belief of what they think - but you (as well as many other fans who believe the same thing) are indeed, fucked in the head.

Arn Anderson & Dean Malenko are not, and were not EVER Main Event headlining talents. (unless it was in a tag match, with the true headliners.)

I think the fact neither man won a Heavyweight Championship would prove they aren't headlining material. Of course, Malenko won an SPW Heavyweight title - where ever the fuck that would've been.

To be fair, Will, Arn did have a couple of good semi-main events against Flair back in the '90's. Specifically at Fall Brawl '95. Of course, more people watched for Flair, and I wasn't interested till Pillman interfered, so maybe that's a bad example. By the way, not a knock on Arn, but he was a career mid-carder.

To be fair, Will, Arn did have a couple of good semi-main events against Flair back in the '90's. Specifically at Fall Brawl '95. Of course, more people watched for Flair, and I wasn't interested till Pillman interfered, so maybe that's a bad example. By the way, not a knock on Arn, but he was a career mid-carder.

The main thing this idiot (nightmare, not you Dewey) doesn't grasp, is I wasn't knocking any of them. I was stating that I felt they needed a bigger name to headline the HoF class. Anderson & Malenko are not, and were not, big enough names to be the "Face" of the Class.

Anderson would be the top choice of them all, if I had to pick between just them - because of his feud with Flair, that just so happened to last all of 2 months and ended being a complete joke with Anderson going back to being subservient to Flair.

And that was my entire point. Malenko (helped build the cruiserweight division) & Anderson (enforcer of one of the best groups in wrestling history) were moderate big names - just not headlining names. And when you consider the likes of Ric Flair, Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan and other top names such as those - who have been the "Face" of their respective HoF Class.. if either Anderson, or Malenko are the "Face" of their's.. its gonna be a sad fucking group.

The main thing this idiot (nightmare, not you Dewey) doesn't grasp, is I wasn't knocking any of them. I was stating that I felt they needed a bigger name to headline the HoF class. Anderson & Malenko are not, and were not, big enough names to be the "Face" of the Class.

Anderson would be the top choice of them all, if I had to pick between just them - because of his feud with Flair, that just so happened to last all of 2 months and ended being a complete joke with Anderson going back to being subservient to Flair.

And that was my entire point. Malenko (helped build the cruiserweight division) & Anderson (enforcer of one of the best groups in wrestling history) were moderate big names - just not headlining names. And when you consider the likes of Ric Flair, Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan and other top names such as those - who have been the "Face" of their respective HoF Class.. if either Anderson, or Malenko are the "Face" of their's.. its gonna be a sad fucking group.

Oh, I agree. There are so many other WCW talents (provided they still go that route) who would make better "headliners" for this class. I mean, I hear PN News and Glacier are free these days....

All kidding aside, I think WWE will pretty much have to go "mid-card" on this class, if they do decide on a WCW theme. Worst case scenario, they can't get Sting, and will have to induct DDP or Lex Luger.

This guy sounds like an idiot, he had no reason to get all defensive and pissy, especially since you're pointing out the obvious (not knocking either guys, I'm big fans of both.)

I sincerely hope you aren't arguing that Arn Anderson and Dean Malenko were never draws Will, because you'd be wrong.

Wait...Malenko? Draw? Surely you jest. Or it was in some country whose language I don't speak. Likely the latter.

AA though, yea. Heat magnet fo' lyfe, yo

Wait...Malenko? Draw? Surely you jest. Or it was in some country whose language I don't speak. Likely the latter.

AA though, yea. Heat magnet fo' lyfe, yo

Am I really the only person who watched WCW from like 1996-1998? Dean Malenko was over HUGE with the fans, especially during his feud with Chris Jericho. Listen to this fuckin' pop!

Not to mention his feuds with the likes of Ultimo Dragon, Shinjiro Ohtani, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit and many others in Japan. He was a dominating force in the junior heavyweight scene of Japan in the 90s, which was far and away more popular than the heavyweight divisions of the time. These guys would routinely draw 40,000+ every January in the Tokyo Dome.

And Arn Anderson, man you know how many cards that sold out down south in the 80s that dude headlined on?

People should really re-acquaint themselves with what constitutes being a "draw", because most on here seem to think you weren't a draw unless you were Stone Cold, The Rock, or Hogan, and that's ridiculous bullshit.

Ok, yea, Japan, I dig you. Sure he was over, fuck, I am one of the biggest Malenko marks on the whole board, but I wouldnt call him a big American draw, at all.

I dont doubt for a second that he was in Japan though

Big fan of AA not that big a fan of Dean though. Dean was awesome in the ring though. Guy sounds like a chump.

Ok, yea, Japan, I dig you. Sure he was over, fuck, I am one of the biggest Malenko marks on the whole board, but I wouldnt call him a big American draw, at all.

Well yeah of course I wouldn't go that far to call him a "Big American Draw", but he definitely put some asses in those seats in WCW for several years, it was guys like him, Benoit, Jericho, Guerrero, Saturn, etc that helped maintain such a large chunk of WCW's audience. It's no coincidence that ratings absolutely plummetted once all of those guys moved on to the WWE.

I dont doubt for a second that he was in Japan though

He wasn't a huge draw or anything in Japan, but he headlined several shows for New Japan and put on some extremely well-regarded matches during his time there, especially on the big Tokyo Dome shows that would draw anywhere from 30-60,000 people every year. They don't put Americans over guys like Liger and Ohtani in Japan unless they're over huge with the fans, like Benoit and Malenko were in Japan.

I sincerely hope you aren't arguing that Arn Anderson and Dean Malenko were never draws Will, because you'd be wrong.

Umm... pretty sure that was nowhere near what he said. This is what I took away from this post. If they are really planning on a WCW themed HOF this year, considering all of the All-Time Great performers that are still available, it would be pretty disappointing to see Dean Malenko and Arn Anderson as the head of the class. They are both more than acceptable nominations though.

So being a main event talent and being a draw or two completely unrelated topics that are "nowhere near" one another Nate?

Maybe your thought-process may have been blinded of what I actually said. :shrugs:

My overall point, was neither should be the Top guy to carry the Class of 2011. And if you think they can't do better, when such names as Vader, Ron Simmons, Lex Luger, Road Warriors, Sting (albeit unlikely), and several others are out there.. you'd be a fool.

As for being a draw - in some manner, every wrestler who's in the business for a long period of time and has a decent-good career, achieving accomplishments as they go, is a draw.

As you've already pointed out, Malenko was good in Japan, and got people to pop for a mid-card situation when he returned from "retirement" to feud with the Jericho. But my point, again, was that he was never a Main Event talent and should not be considered the Head of the Class of 2011.

On the flip side, Anderson (while would be moderately acceptable), also shouldn't be the Head of the Class if any of the names I've stated above could even remotely be available. Anderson's career legacy is that of being the follower of Ric Flair. Why should a follower become the focus point of something as big as the Hall of Fame?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back