• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My TV broke!!!!!!

Stuntz

WTF!!!!
I woke up te other morning to my daughter coming into my room and telling me my 52 inch 120 htz Samsung LCD is not turning on and clicking. Boy talk about waking up in a fowl mood, not to mention it was my second day at attempting to quit smoking. (Lets just say that still hasnt panned out 100 percent).

After gettin the kids on the bus and doing some initial searching online I came to find out that apparently there was a bad batch of capacitors that several manufacturers put in their TV's. And upon further investigation I found out that a lot of Samsung owners where getting it fixed for free even after the warantee was up. So I called them up and sure as hell I got an appointment for next week and the TV repairman will be over to fix it. I talked to several people I know in the field that have said its a relatively easy find and fix, and that it is common in that generation of LCD. Now for the next pain in the ass of taking the TV off the wall and getting it on the ground to be ready for the repaiman......

I used to work for samsung, it's a common problem with that unit and it's simple to repair. They'll do it free of charge and usually in the home.

Samsung make most money off parts it provides to other companies such as Sony and everyone's favourite: Apple.

I have owned a Samsung TV of one make or another for well over 15 years and I gotta say this was the first time I have ever had a problem. When I called and talked to a service rep they heard the problem and never tried beating around the bush. They knew it was a problem that should have never happened so they made the call and the repairman called me. So as far as customer service goes thats just another notch up for me. I buy american made products as much as possible, but as everyone knows America hasnt had a good tv manufacturer since the 80's (Although Vizio is peeking my interests more and more and they are the closest thing america has to a home made tv), so Samsung has done me right for a long time. Hell I spent 3 grand on the TV at the time it was top of the line 1st gen 120 htz (go figure they came out with 240 htz a few months later). And have loved it ever since.

Well Samsung fixed the TV. They were on time and replaced the power board and were gone in under 10 minutes. Kuddo's to Samsung for customer service, and knowing when the fuck up.

LG, FTW! Not bad. Dynex is probably the shittiest though among LCD HDTVs. I always thought Samsung and Sony were top of the line.

Boy talk about waking up in a fowl mood

p147322-Kauai-Jungle_Fowl.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back