My thoughts on Football Manager 2010

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So recently, I went out of my way to get the new Football Manager game. Now, I think that a little history lesson is in order here, so here goes. Since Football Manager become a different entity from Championship manager, I have purchased every single one. I have played them until my fingers are down to the bone and I have loved every minute of it. For you see, I am the biggest Football Manager fan boy that you will ever meet. I am not kidding you when I say that I played Football Manager 2006 for over 350 hours. That is pretty impressive and is probably the longest I have played any game in the history of my video games life. I took Hereford from the lowest league in England all the way to being the number one team in the world. I played over 30 seasons on that one game alone and I treasured it. Now, not all of the games have captured my imagination like 2006 did but all of the games have held their own perks that have lured me in. Sometimes, I have bought the game twice. Once for PC and once for XBOX 360. It was the exact same game but I just loved it o much.

So, with a rich vein of history running through the series, I decided that I wanted to go ahead and get the new one. I was anxious at first because my thirst for football has all but disappeared in the last few months as the recession takes it's toll on the game and every gets dulled down slightly. Add that to the fact that my favourite team have been anything but brilliant and you have a recipe for disaster. However, I decided that this game was something that I really wanted to buy and purchased a few days ago.

However, I am completely underwhelmed by the game in general. Now, this is not to say that the game is bad because it certainly is not. The problem is that very little has changed in the year it has taken for Sports Interactive to get this on onto the shelves. Naturally, this is a similar gripe to a lot of people regarding the ones that have gone before this. However, for the first time, I actually see what they are talking about. The earlier games have all had something to draw them in but I generally cannot see anything brilliantly new that draws me into playing the game. In fact, it is full of nuisances that really put me off. So far, I have played it for about 10 hours and that is so little compared to what I wanted to. However, I think it is probably because of my lack of thirst for football. Hopefully though, I will find the form that I need and I will be able to get into it a bit more.

Does anyone else have it and if so, how are they liking it?

It's decent. I mean, they can't really change that much without changing the formula they've used for the last few years. It's roughly the same game that they've released for years but with the updated teams and some tacked on extras. Oh, and it's more shiny now. Apart from that, the game is just no different.

Any I find every year they just seem to make it more complicated, which is totally unnecessary. I still think they perfect the football manager game in 2008. If they kept everything about that game but continously updated the teams and players, I'd be much happier.

I like it although it constantly crashes,probally my computers fault,but still 2009 never did it. Anyways i like it even though ive stopped playing now due to the crashes. Its not much diffrent from 2009 though but still i liked 09.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back