My PS2 Just Died...

I'll buy one odds are a PS2 is cheaper than what you'd charge me. How expensive can they be?

I've been checking around online, it would cost roughly about the same, maybe a little bit more, I think the PS2 Slims I've seen online (used ones) are around $50, but the older, fatter PS2 (the Matt Hardy versions, hehe) are a little bit cheaper, I'm prolly gonna hit a few pawn shops before I go to work, if I find one for around $30 I'm buying it, otherwise I'll just wait for my tax return to arrive, and get a PS3

EDIT: Fuck that!!, I'm getting the PS3 regardless, that way my GF can just put the PS2 in the othe rroom with the Wii and then she can play her stupid fucking GH games without bothering me

Yeah i checked gamestop.com after I asked that.

$40 for a used PS2 seems a bit much if you as k me.

I joined their rewards program so hopefully it'll start paying off.

Yeah, unless you buy a shit load of used games & like reading that stupid magazine it prolly won't, I was a member of it too for awhile, then I realized I was wasteing my money cause I was able to find used games I want cheaper at pawn shops than I did their

Speaking of which I got a new PS2 Slim this morning, checked out a few Pawn shops and found one for $35 with memory card and warranty, I asked about a PS3 and the guy said the cheapest one they sell is a 40gb one for $150, otherwise they usually run between $200-$250 depending on the size of the hard drive

Get a PS3. They are the best gaming system ever. I have had mine for a little over a year and never once had a problem with it. I sold my ps2 for 50 bucks back in the summer.

Get a PS3. They are the best gaming system ever. I have had mine for a little over a year and never once had a problem with it. I sold my ps2 for 50 bucks back in the summer.

It should be noted that, the PS3 is in fact NOT the greatest console ever. Clearly, that honor goes to the Atari system, which I still have an operating one of....

I'm planning on getting a PS3 at some point in the near future, my only question is how big of a Hard drive is recommended for a more casual gamer?

I'm planning on getting a PS3 at some point in the near future, my only question is how big of a Hard drive is recommended for a more casual gamer?

Depends on how much downloading of content you plan on doing.

If you're going to save tons of games on it, as well as movies, music and videos of all kinds - you'll want a big Hard Drive. Otherwise, a regular sized one would be just fine.

I have an Xbox Elite because I wanted to start downloading more content, and so far I've barely touched the depth of what I have.

Also, if you're planning on a PS3 with your tax money - just buy a NEW one, don't waste your time with used items. Especially since you don't know how old the used item, or worn down, it normally is.

People talk about xbox's getting the RROD, but at least Microsoft will repair that for free - once your PS3 crashes, for similar reasons - you're fucked. So, yeah, buy new.

I have yet to meet or hear of anyone ever having a problem of any sort with their PS3, However Microsoft has a history of glitches and issues with all there shit, and most of my Tax money is going to clean up the massive debt I have somehow fallen into over the last year, so it really depends how much is left as to how much I can put toward my PS3, If I can I would much rather buy new, and then just get the games used, but if I can't afford new, than used it's gonna be

(If my dipshit of a sister would have been more patient I would just be buying hers, but she traded it in for a Wii:disappointed:)

If you're thinking of getting a current console in the future, I throw my support behind the 360 instead of the PS3. In fact, I'm selling my PS3 as soon as I get and finish Yakuza 4. 360 FTW.

I feel your pain brother, I had two PS2's fail on me. I eventually sold my PS2 and games to a friend and parting ways with it was one of the toughest things I've ever had to do as a gamer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back