• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My Idea For Regal As GM

MoizH28

Pre-Show Stalwart
As some of you know William Regal is "running" NXT from what I have seen Regal is still good on the mic and is more entertaining than Lauarnitus (sp) and Long. I wouldnt mind seeing HHH come out sometime after WM and say that Johnny who is probably gonna win control of both shows is abusing is power. Then announce Regal as the new GM of Raw!

Johnny can go back to being part of Talent Relations backstage or stay on-screen leading to a power struggle between him and Regal which would be more fun than him and Long IMO.

What does this mean for Teddy Long? Well he could manage an up an coming wrestler who needs help getting over perhaps Big Zeke? Long could also be used as the NXT GM or FCW GM. I think it could benefit the younger stars with him helping them out backstage since he has been on TV so long.

So what do you guys think of my idea? Are you tired of Johnny and Teddy as GMs too?

Agree with you 100%

I think William Regal would make a far better GM than Johnny L.
I watched a Promo the other day with Steve Austin and Regal (when he was Commisioner)
Regal nailed the Promo brilliantly. If we compare Regal and Johnny, the Englishman wipes the floor with him!
Regal rolls his lines off way better than the dull boring Lauranitis. Regal also has intense Facial Expressions when cutting a promo, i'm already sick of that same nothing look we see week in week out from Mr L.
Regal is that good at this role he wouldn't even need a David Otunga type sidekick to support him. As for Teddy Long,, to bland and ordinary also.

Regal was the GM b4 and he did a reasonable job, almost nothing could be worse then the way things are now, Regal was certainly entertaining, problem was he has trouble on the mic when it counts and pulled several Adamle's during his tenure.

One thing will never be forgotten though, Jericho peeing in his tea and then Regal drinking it :p Classic

couldn't agree more william regal as gm would work extremely well on so many levels he has got it all depending what character hes playing heel, comic etc

I do not want Teddy off of SD! He is the only solid GM in years. I love him being the GM of SD.

Onto Regal, yes! Get Johnny Ace off the big stage. I do not enjoy watching him at all. Regal is actually entertaining. Ace has stepped his game up, but not enough to satisfy me.

REGAL FOR GM!

Regal was a great GM until he failed the urinalysis. If I remember correctly that's why he was pulled. I wish they would put him back in charge. He is soooo much more entertaining than Long or Ace. I don't get why they just don't add a team Regal and make the WM match basically a over the top battle royal for control of RAW and SD. :worship:

Anything involving Regal on tv more regularly I am behind, I think he is fantastic on the mic and with his accent and diversity makes for an excellent gm. I think I would probably give him Smackdown at least at first and have HHH run raw directly, I'd like to see Regal as a heel authority figure personally I think he could pull it off.

You really don't get it, do you? Johnny Ace is playing, the corporate suck up who got a managment job. I know this sounds cheap to say, but, he is sucking or purpose. The fact you want him gone proves the character is gold. Regal would just be played out.

As for Teddy Long, I am over him, and dont want him in storylines, But, i do like it when he just is the on air booker, and I like that he has held that roll for a long time. If his only 'story' is just him booking on air, to solve disputes, then, I am all for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back