My First Wrestling Toy

Danger Burger

Thread Killer
Here we go:

%24(KGrHqN,!gsF!pBL2GMKBQKnyF3Z-w~~60_57.JPG

Jakks Pacific, Darren "Puke" Drozdov, with Bone Crunching Action (which still works)

This toy was great, came with a free sink (though his hands were not designed to hold it! It wasnt long before this guy was beating the likes of Sting and Triple H. Unfortunately in real life, he never got the chance.

After recently watching his debut (honestly it was five minutes ago) I remembered that this was the first wrestling toy I had gotten. I stopped buying them along time ago, but my collection is still pretty good.

Just wondering if any of you losers out there remember the first wrestling toy you got and whether you still have others?

I sold my action figures when I was ten, well, those still of use.

First one I can remember was Gangrel, and like yours, was a part of the bone crunching action series. I bit off his hand when I was four or so, made for some interesting storylines; I was Vince Russo before I even knew who Vince Russo was.

I had some of the ones made out of rubber, but I got into the actual collecting with the Jakks Pacific line.

I had a one legged Shawn Michaels. It made the SCM very interesting

Goldberg. He was at the height of his popularity, and I would crush through doors at the house. Stomp to the left, stomp to the right, SMACK SMACK SMACK, emulating the very man I was so fascinated with.

Too bad he turned out to be a prick. :icon_neutral:

It was so long ago, but it was between these three, if I'm not mistaken:

$T2eC16VHJH8E9qSEWJvfBQMTzREn!w~~60_57.JPG
$T2eC16ZHJHwE9n8ii1ELBP7fR5eIFQ~~60_57.JPG
!CF2%29Juw!2k~$%28KGrHqJ,!i4E1MFUEk0MBNWZB5DSzg~~_3.JPG

The first is obviously Hulk Hogan. The second is AWA Scott Hall and the third is a set of AWA Rick Martel and Baron von Raschke. I believe Hogan was the first though.

I still have Hogan, Hall, and Martel, albeit in less than new condition (toys are meant to be played with, not collected). Lost Baron von Raschke in a move, I believe.

It's amazing how shitty some wrestling figures have been over the years. You look at my AWA figures from around 1985, and they were PERFECT. Easy to move parts, looked great...great toys. For a while, TNA had some good wrestling figures and last I checked, the WWE figures were still pretty terrible, though I haven't checked in a while. I might do that tonight, just for the fun of it.

It was either a bendable Hulk Hogan or a couple of generic masked Lucha libres that resembled the He-Man figures. Also had a couple of pro wrestling thumb figures.

I think it was either a bendable Hulk Hogan or a Royal Rumble ring which came with LOD, "Wildman" Marc Mero, Savio Vega & British Bulldog action figures.

The Royal Rumble ringset was my favourite.

For some stupid reason the only figures I collected as a kid were those solid rubber, around 2-3 inches high, one pose, WWF figures.

I think they were called rumble buddies or something like that?
They were just the original version of those little, one pose, figures they just started making again. (You can see them in the video w/ Damien Sandow at Comic-Con.)

I had like 5 or 6. Hogan(All I remember is his tank top wasn't yellow like on TV so I made him a heel), King Kong Bundy, Yokozuna, Undertaker, Dibiase, and Rick Rude I think?

After those I grew out of collecting action figures and just get DVD's & shirts now.
(Though I will admit when the Elimination Chamber playset came out I kinda wanted it. If I was a kid, that thing would be THE COOLEST!)

a couple of generic masked Lucha libres that resembled the He-Man figures
And what boy didn't have some of these growing up?

LOL I'm laughing so hard right now. That Stone Cold toy looks like Gillberg!

When I got into wrestling I immediately got so many wrestling toys I dont even know which was first. I dont even think there was a first, but firsts. If it was an action figure it was more than one.

What I CAN say however is that I believe the first thing I ever owned of wrestling were the video games. WrestleMania: The Arcade Game

Sadly...I have never owned a wrestling toy. I had super conservative parents that wouldn't let me watch wrestling, and I had to go to my neighbors until I was 12 to watch it. At that point, they stopped caring, but I just didn't have any interest in playing with wrestling action figures, and I wasn't old enough to want to collect them either.

But hey, I did just get that TNA brown bag special. There's a really stupid thread about it in the Bar Room. So, in just a few days when it arrives, I will have my first wrestling toys...at the age of 22. The mystery of the brown bag makes it all the more exciting; even I don't know what my first wrestling figures will be!

I had a Hulk Hogan with a spring in his arm so he could punch, an Undertaker with grey gloves and hat, Doink (with actual hair!), and - for some inexplicable reason - IRS.

Ummm Would of been in 2003 i got a 2001 styled Jericho/Angle/RVD. I still have half of RVD whose legs apparently got ruined at some point and i replaced them with legs off of some transformer toy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back