First ever Wrestling figure.

Wullief23

Occasional Pre-Show
Hopefully i have this thread in the right place on the boards, If not Mods can feel free to move it.
When i was younger i used to collect loads of wresling figures. I still actually have most of them (gathering dust in a box - but i'd never throw them out) and occasionally still see if i can get rare one's of ebay etc. Got qiue a few rare one's and still on the card.

So my question on the thread -
WHAT WAS YOUR VERY FIRST WRESTLING FIGURE?
Mine was Ravashing Rick Rude.

I remember being away for a weekend with some family and the sign was up in a woolworths shop window that they had figures in stock (because they were jusmt going on sale over here in Britain and they were like golddust at the time) So we went into the shop (it was my brother and me with family) and they only had 2 left, Rick Rude and Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase. At the time they were 2 of the biggest heels in the business and my brother and me were not fans of theirs - but you couldnt pass up the opertunity of a wrestling figure! So i opted for Rude and my bro for Dibiase. Our first of many!

So what was yours?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWF_Hasbro_action_figures#Series_1_-_1990

I had the first series of Hasbro's figures released in 1990. But, I'm not sure if I had Brutus. His is the only one I can't remember. I also remember getting a ring at some point and then breaking the top rope because I used to slingshot my figures at my brother. lol Then, I set Ultimate Warrior on fire. From that point on, he was no longer the Ultimate Warrior. He was the newly christened Melted Warrior. Yes, I was a pyro when I was a kid.

Though not really an action figure, I had two plush figures of Hulk Hogan and The Ultimate Warrior as a kid. Back then, I didn't watch regularly as I do now, but I did love having those.

As far as true action figures go, I don't really remember my first. I've never owned many, but the earliest ones I remember were back in 98/99. I had The Rock, Shawn Michaels, Triple H and two Undertaker figures.

I believe my first ever wrestling figure was Andre the Giant. I believe in the early 90s my folks bought it for me at Myrtle Beach SC. I wish I still had the box because those early WWF figures are hard to come by and Andre was one of the rarest figures there.

51VZKlvXICL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Mine was a TNA Christian Cage figure in (2006) because he wasn't in wwe at the time. Then my collection sprouted from there.

!Brdf2-g!Wk~$(KGrHqMH-D0EvD4vdVTHBLzyRueNiQ~~_12.JPG

WWFLL059.jpg

One of those two. Scott Hall in the AWA or Hogan with red shorts. I still have them both, although Scott Hall is barely held together by duct tape.

I have 2 John Cena ones i bought last year, one with the orange and black HUSTLE LOYALTY RESPECT, then i have a CeNation one wit the blue arm bands.

I have a signed pictor of Edge next to my wrestling action figures, the autograph will be more than the toys.

I'm a little mad that I gave my limited edition series of Undertaker to my 6 year old nefew and he opened it up, and loves playing with the "Stomb-tone Piledriver" as he always calls him. I even gave him my old Batista figure. Come to find something funny, the Batista figure kept finding its way into his little sister's pile of barbie's. I was sitting for him one night and his little 3 year old sister and I were cleaning up her room and in the closet was the Batista figure on top of a dogpile of barbies that were naked. :p Probably pretty similar to the REAL batista if u ask me. :lol:

My dad had handed me down his LJN figures but the first figure I had ever bought on my own with my allowance was a bone crunchin' Mankind figure.

51rX-75bU8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Something pretty close to this. I was just a kid and didn't know shit about wrestling, but Sting looked too cool to pass up.

Slightly off topic but I still have a road to Wrestlemania 22 figure in its packaging. Hoping it'll be worth something one of these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back