• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My first Sig...

Scotty

I have a PHD in Horribleness
Let me know if you like it and I may do more. Please keep in mind that this is my first sig and I will hopefully get better with practice and that I am neither Doc, Theo, or any other good sig maker.
SES-1.png

Reactions: TLC
Wow. That is really good for a first attempt. I really like it. Well done Scotty.

I didn't really care to much for it either but neither Doc or Theo was around to help me put my new font in.

That's nice.

As has been said, the font is a little strange and out of place but I helped you resolve that. There is little things that you can do too. Such as saving a PNG and a PSD for each design.

Last one for tonight. If people like it, I will start a thread in the Graphics section. A huge thanks to Dave, Doc, and Theo for all the help.
TheChosenOne-1.png

The CM Punk one is pretty cool actually. I don't know much about sigs but I know it looks nice. The question about the font though I probably agree with. One thing though- is it meant to be "Better then you?" The fact that no one has mentioned it means I am probably in the wrong.

Great sig work man. Start doing making signatures under the limits and I may come over to pimp out your work to the world.

The biggest problem with the McIntyre one is that the second picture is squished. You NEVER want to do that. I've said in my tutorials that when resizing picturtes, hold the Shift key and drag the diagonal handles in order to resize.

Also, you'll want to add borders. Make a new layer above everything else and pres Ctrl+A to select the canvas. Then go to Edit > Stroke and do an inner stroke to make a border.

As for the Punk one, it's not half bad. However, the text isn't centered and text like that doesn't look good when it's not centered.

Good to see that you got your PS working Scotty. This is pretty stellar for your first sig. Love the background and it really blends well with the image. However I'm not fond of the font, so that could be changed. Plus it should be than not then (sorry the English nazi in me came out). Either way it is solid.

This one is pretty solid as well. Much better choice with the font than the first one. Font really works well with this one. Like Doc said, hold the shift key down when shrinking an image, as it keeps the dimensions proportioned.

Not much more I can add other than to keep practicing and you'll get better. And of course if you need any help sir Scotty you know where to find me.

I think that's what they were alluding too. The text kind of matches the crack effects you have going on in the background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back