MVP New US Champion Thread

Mexican Geek

It's good to be back!
It finally happened, too bad the rest of the show was CRAP, but im happy for MVP, he has been working too hard for the belt, and i expect MVP ruling the division for a kinda long time, i don know, maybe until Survivor Series vs some new talent. in the mean time, i expect to see MVP feuding Matt Hardy, Finlay, and maybe Kane.

Ps. Could anybody make it official? that would be cool! :headbanger:

The US title isn't that important to make this an official thread. I mean it is good that they got it off of Chris Benoit because he is sorely needed in the Main Event scene. But this will be a good thing, I do see MVP in a feud with Matt Hardy once Hardy gets out of the Tag titles. But I can see a feud with Paul Burchill coming up for when the bring him back up to the Main Roster. So it'll be interesting to see how they treat this as this could potentially revitalise the Title.

I agree with Shadow, this could definitely revitalize the US Title. MVP has vastly improved from when he first came to Smackdown, and it's good to see some gold around his waist, and know that it wasn't just a "placeholder champion" that he beat. I can see MVP having a long reign, and see some great feuds coming out of this, like with the aforementioned Birchall, or maybe have one of the vastly underused midcarders from Raw jump to Smackdown and go after MVP.

Shelton Benjamin vs MVP would be an awesome feud. Two of the top talents in WWE right now, IMO, and a feud between th two would be great SD! TV or PPVs

MVP program with Flair was kind of boring, Flair has being repetitive for the last month or so, hell, i just remember one short promo since he was drafted to SD!
I think MVP will move on to re take his feud with Kane, last time, a unexperienced MVP gave good matches against him...right now, im sure they could hype a lot the title scene on SD, leaving (unfortunately, unless a quick Mysterio return and push...) Flair and Batista vs Edge.

MVP needs to explode quick, he needs to reach Mr. Kennedy heights fast, no later than survivor series, which i think would determine MVP feuding for the WHC next year.

granted that he has performed great as of late, but i dont think he should drop the title yet. it would be nice to see Kane actually winning the title off Edge, as it is well overdue. but we all know thats not gonna happen, but it would be good for Kane, and i think WWE could turn him into a major heel or face, if the story is right.

but MVP's push into main event status is inevitable, and is only a matter of time before he is WHC.

It doesn't seem the same as the other MVP thread wher eI pretty much wanted people to justify why he even shouldbe chmp, but I guess this will do. MVP is way to cartoonish. The US title is supposed to be a way to push someone who may be main even material to see if they have what it takes right? So why when Kennedy had it, he was able to beat main event guys and MVP is getting the crap kicked out of him by everyone who isn't below US title level? Not just selling, but jobbing on a weekly basis. They are not buidling his credibilty, and with his mic skills I can see why. They need to put MVP in a tag team program for a while to build up hatred towards him and then have him break off on his own. It has worked in the past with great success for guys like Shawn Michaels, Edge, and many other in the past. But hey, WWE knows better than I do right? Not if they keep putting MVP on tv as much as they do. He sounds just awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back