• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MVP and Kennedy should be a tag team!! make it happen!!

truk24

Getting Noticed By Management
I'm talking about aligning MVP, and Kennedy as a tag team. I think they could do a ton for Smackdown right now. They would be a solid heel tag team, and imo could be as good or better(entertainment wise) than Miz/Morrison. I say this because both MVP/Kennedy seem to be carelessly drifting away from any common ground for success. They were hot commoditites when they first hit the WWE scene.

Both have the abilities to make a great tag team, and I think their characters would mesh well. They both have large egos, and even now as singles wrestlers they don't seem to be doing much. Pairing these two shouldn't be so random either. Perhaps the WWE could build a storyline out of this.

A few weeks I thought they were because I noticed Kennedy has been giving MVP pep talks. If you remember right before Kennedy went off WWE television MVP was at ringside during his match. It was rather weird to say the least. There was something going on, but I can't put my thumb on it.

The tag team scene is dying over on Smackdown. They could easily be a solid tag team. MVP already has his own show, and it is something both men could gain from at the moment. Overall I think both of these men have earned the respect from the peers to make a run as tag team champions. We aren't talking about two jobbers here. Maybe call themselves the "Dream Team" something simlar to Malone, and Stockton. Wesley Snipes and Woody Harrelson all over again.

Friday nights would be better if these two had more exposure with one another. Even as a tag team both men could still carry singles feuds. Hopefully the WWE will consider this in some creative room behind closed doors. I can't see anyone would pass pairing these two entertaining stars together.

They would be a good tag team but I don't think it will go that way for them. They are not tag team wrestlers, and there is no need for them to be the ones to revive the tag division. They have no tag team history outside of a few matches and angles. MVP just had a face turn and Kennedy is clearly a face. Giving them heel turns won't go over too well because they have worked hard to give them a face turn. MVP just came over a losing streak, so for him to get over that he has to be a singles wrestler. Kennedy can be his support or he can have a heel turn and they can have a great upper mid-card feud ala Austin/Rock in the late 90s.

MVP or Kennedy are favorites to win MITB this year along with Shelton Benjamin (IMO) so I don't think a tag team run is in the future for these two. It is a worthy idea but it just isn't plausible to me due to the angles that are already in place. Miz and Morrison will drop the titles to Cryme Tyme in the future, and the Colons are going to carry the SD! division a little longer. MVP & Kennedy are "too big" to form a long term team. It would only have to be an angle in which they are still singles wrestlers, kind of like when it was MVP and Hardy.

I have to disagree. In 2006 i think they were trying to see if they would gel together. For example at Survivor Series it looked like they were going to be a tag team but i just don't think they gelled together.

It would look good on paper for them to be a tag team. Both good on the mic and not bad in the ring. They haven't quite devoloped into main eventers yet so why not. It seems right they have both held the US title. They have both proved that they can be great in the ring and can both carry some one in a match. It would be amazing seeing them vs the Hardys and the Colons. They could easily carry the tag team divison on SD.

But if they don't have that team Chemistry why bother. I mean look at Kane and Taker as a tag team. We love them as one but they don't feel right with each other.

I don't think they would go together well enough. People talk about them as opposites almost, and that they are the future, because they both started around the same time. But they just wouldn't make it as a successfull tag team. It makes me think of Rated RKO, and I think that's how alot of people think. But it wouldn't be like that. MVP always talks about being the best and number 1 and all that. So as a tag team, he would do what he continuously did to Matt, try and one up Kennedy. Kennedy is almost the same, talking about being the best and how he's the future. If they were a tag team, it would have to be a comedy team, and that isn't the heelish team everyone wants.

The entire reason people want to see these two together is because of a few major similarities.

1. They both started on Smackdown around the same time.

2. They both are known for above average mic skills.

3. They both have cooled off SO MUCH they are at the point of being wastes of time.

Fans today always want one of two things when a wrestler cools off of loses steam - either turn them heel / face, or put them in a tag team. It's such a band-aid. And if you force these two together, I fear their decent into total irrelevance will be completed.

The beauty of teaming them would be the fact that they'd have to feud with Primo Colon and Carlito. We could call it "The Hasbeen Bowl." Ryan Leaf could be the special guest referee, and every time he counted a pin fall for "2," he'd then stand up to remind us all that he was a #2 draft pick. So the only way to win would be by submission. Uhg.

MVP and Kennedy should not even be on the same show, let alone a tag team. Any situation where their paths cross will create a void - a black hole from which no drawing power could escape. Making them a team is like WWE raising the white flag and saying "hey, we're sorry these guys would up sucking. We're putting them together because we don't know where to go from here."

IC is right, putting this guys together in a tag team would just be stupid, and kill any chance they ever have of being ME material in the near future, WWE really needs to start pushing these guys, and IMO on of the best ways of doing this would be as IC said, splititng them up, as in putting them on differant shows, have Kennedy move over to SD! and feud with Swagger for the ECW title, preferably at WM, I don't see how a feud like that could do anything but benefit both guys, after Kennedy has proven that he can avoid injury long enough to handle a big push, then throw him back onto either Raw or SD! and stick him in some good ME feuds leading to the eventual title shot, MVP on the other hand should go into WM and win MITB, IMO the guy is right on the verge of being ready for the ME, and MITB could be just what he needs to put him over the top

1. They both started on Smackdown around the same time.

A year apart?

3. They both have cooled off SO MUCH they are at the point of being wastes of time.

Almost two year's injured and a needless losing streak will do that.

Despite a 6 month losing steak MVP remained over and Kennedy still get's a solid reaction on the rare occasions he shows his face. There's no need to put them in a team.

During Kennedy's one good run without injury he proved that he's very average. But I was under the impression that was good enough these days. His only really long term feud has been with The Undertaker. Anybody else he's been involved with has been for a matter of weeks only. They should only put him in a team when there are no other options for him as a singles wrestler, or when WWE come to terms with the fact that he just can't cut it. So in 6 months or so then.

MVP has been over since he made his debut in the company. Out of all the people they've tried to push over the year's, Kennedy, Kozlov, Shelton Benjamin, MVP is one of the only ones who looks like he'll be a legit player at some point.

A year apart?

Wow, was it really that far apart? No kidding.

I guess that just proves my point that these two are inexorably linked by their combined lackluster acheivments.

Almost two year's injured and a needless losing streak will do that.

So will a failed drug dest, a ******ed interview, and a tendency to injure top stars. Kennedy is his own worst enemy. I am IrishCanadian25's complete lack of sympathy.

Despite a 6 month losing steak MVP remained over and Kennedy still get's a solid reaction on the rare occasions he shows his face. There's no need to put them in a team.

Agreed. It just seems neither of them can hold momentum.

During Kennedy's one good run without injury he proved that he's very average. But I was under the impression that was good enough these days.

It's not. Why are we lowering the standards?

His only really long term feud has been with The Undertaker. Anybody else he's been involved with has been for a matter of weeks only. They should only put him in a team when there are no other options for him as a singles wrestler, or when WWE come to terms with the fact that he just can't cut it. So in 6 months or so then.

He feuded with the Undertaker? Who knew...

MVP has been over since he made his debut in the company. Out of all the people they've tried to push over the year's, Kennedy, Kozlov, Shelton Benjamin, MVP is one of the only ones who looks like he'll be a legit player at some point.

Agreed.

I guess that just proves my point that these two are inexorably linked by their combined lackluster acheivments.

Kennedy is a former Money In The Bank winner. That put's him in an elite group along with RVD & C.M. Punk.

So will a failed drug dest, a ******ed interview, and a tendency to injure top stars. Kennedy is his own worst enemy. I am IrishCanadian25's complete lack of sympathy.

Meh, Cena is boring and those interviews (which he's still defending to this day) are fucking hilarious. It should be his new gimmick.

It's not. Why are we lowering the standards?

I don't book WWE. If I did I'd putt Kennedy & MVP in a team, just because I could.

He feuded with the Undertaker? Who knew...

Kennedy, it's the highlight of his career. Along with bringing on Eddie Guerrero's heart attack with a particularly brutal chair shot.

Undertaker doesn't remember a thing about it.

Why? What purpose would this serve? To go after the tag team titles? The ones that mean absolutely nothing at all? It wouldn't serve a purpose for either wrestler. Either are at least in the midcard at the moment and either could make a brief World Title run. Putting them in a tag team would practically cripple them. Look at what it's done to Kofi and Rey on Raw. They've just stopped dead in their tracks and it's not helping either of them. No they shouldn't be a tag team as it would just stop them dead.

Teaming these two together will only prolong what seems inevitable. Porter and Kennedy have both done more harm to themselves, than anything anyone else could've done. As a result, while they may have tremendous talent.. until their attitudes change I don't honestly see the company putting a huge amount of trust within them.

As a tag team, if anything it'd only hurt them worse. I mean, pretty much like Klunder said, at this point the Tag Team Championships on either brand are worthless. The division(s) are horrible, and they'd have zero competition.

If anything, both guys need to begin a program working against each other, as that seems like what could possibly be the best thing for them both. It'd give both guys a storyline and a reason to be used. And it'd let the fans go absolutely nuts over it.

Forming a team out of them is a bad idea. M.V.P. needs to refocus on his Championship push, by possibly going after the United States Championship again, or better yet jumping to Raw and feuding with C.M. Punk over the Intercontinental title. Porter could very possibly bring more interest in the I.C. title, and a feud with Punk would only help both of those two as well.

Meanwhile Mr. Kennedy should finally get a worthy title run. I think he held the United States Championship, but in complete honesty it wasn't apparently worth remembering. At one time he was seemingly in line to become Heavyweight Champion, as they'd given him the Money in the Bank match.. now he's barely even a blimp on any radar. He needs a solid run with the U.S. title, building to a top feud with possibly Edge, who could surely do for Kennedy, what Edge has helped do for Punk, Hardy and anyone else he's faced recently.

Kennedy would have been released by now if it wasn't for TNA. The guy plain out sucks, he didnt have a good match the whole of last year, his mic skills are almost non-existant apart from repeating his own name, and has a poor attitude just to top it all off. At least in MVP there is potential to be a good wrestler and has has very good mic skills, despite his poor attitude.

MVP could be in line for a push now that his punishment is over while Kennedy has disapeared completely from TV. Teaming them up would be horrible, MVP especially has already done tag teaming with Matt Hardy and that wasn't anything brilliant. Putting MVP in a team with Kennedy would be a step down even considering where he is now.

i don't think MVP & Mr. Kennedy should be a tag team because they both have different match paces. Mr. Kennedy is fast and aggressive, while MVP is slow-paced and laid back. Plus SmackDown! has no talented mid-carders excluding Shelton Benjamin, R-Truth, & Hurricane Helms. If the WWE would push more of their talented tag teams there wouldn't be a problem with the tag team division. Like Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder, Jesse & Festus, The Brian Kendrick & Ezekiel Jackson. Also isn't there a talent initiative with ECW. Bring in Finlay & Hornswoggle. Instead of making the tag division look like jobbers. In my opinion MVP or Mr. Kennedy need to be on seperate shows. Maybe MVP on RAW, Kennedy on SmackDown! or Kennedy back to RAW and MVP stays on SmackDown! Because Mr. Kennedy is readier to be pushed in my opinion rather than MVP and really doesn't need no one to hold him down. And since MVP made it clear he wanted to go for the U.S. Title. Mr. Kennedy should return to RAW and go for the IC Title.

:glare: :suckit: :fuckoff:

LAME LAME LAME, They would be shit together. In an already dismal tag devision these two would be basicly off TV if they joined together. With MVP finally getting a couple of wins and stating he wants his US Title back then putting him with Kennedy would be useless...

Kennedy needs to go for a bigger title, or have a really big fued, maybe with Umaga or something....

I dunno what WWE is doing, back with the Hardys, E&C and the Dudleys the tag devision was just as exciting as the mainevents for me but now the tag titles mean shit all...

WWE, I'm more dissapointed than I am angry, MAKE A FUCKING BETTER TAG DEVISION!!!

Oh, I see MVP gets on a winning streak, and all of a sudden putting the US title back around his waist makes sense. Are you kidding me? The last thing I want to see is the obvious. MVP needs to lose a big match, and it needs to be for the US title against Shelton. A heel turn on Shelton would provide some shock, as everyone is leaning towards making him a full blown face. MVP's single career is on the decline. The man needs a feud, and he isn't going to get one anytime soon. MVP needs some success, and the tag team division makes sense.

Kennedy is in the same boat as MVP. He really isn't doing much either. You honestly thing a guy who screams his name really loud deserves a huge title or feud? Kennedy is far from that point right now, and I think he should bring back some credibility to his character, and undergo some sort of change. That change begins with tagging up with MVP.

As I stated before. Not even three years ago fans on the net were hyping both of these men as future main eventers. Both came in the WWE on the high end of things. MVP was an instant hit after the fans got used to him. Kennedy was a breath of fresh air, and people began to give him a solid response. Both of these men are more than average on the mic.

They are both at the point in their careers where it makes sense to take the path of tag team stardom. You even said that the tag team division was boring. Why not pair these two up? They could easily spice up the division. Bring back the VIP lounge, and have both men on the show. Their characters would clash so well, and provide so much comic relief to the "B" show. There is something about these two that tells me that they would make a great tag team.

Pairing them up makes sense because they have both established themselves in the mid card, and have grown stale. Playing "tweeners" with a comic relief to boot would be something that the WWE hasn't gambled with in some time. Both men have okay acting abilities, and I think any role for the two of them would work. Whether it be comic relief, arrogant suit wearing wrestlers, or nasty over the top heels who come out every week to make a statement. Bottom line is that the WWE has the potential to make a great tag team. This is something similar to Billy Gunn, and Road Dogg. No one ever thought that those two would make such a quality tag team, and I think this may be the same situation with MVP/Kennedy.

I appreciate that Jake, IC and Will have already posted in here. Oh well, here comes Sam with his vague knowledge of recent WWE to add nothing original.

Didn't Matt Hardy and MVP have a tag team for a while? Y'know, one of those "ooh, ooh tensions!" ones. I think Hardy was the US champion, or the other way around. Actually yeah, I think it was MVP. He had to sit out because it turned out he has a weird heart. People were pretty hot for the rivalry that came out of that. Hardy screwed MVP out of the MITB and I can't remember what happened after that. One of them got injured or some shit.

You could have the same sort of thing with Kennedy and MVP. Except have Kennedy win all the matches and make MVP jealous. Or some shit like that. What do I look like - a professional writer? Use your imagination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back