MTV Icon

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
MTV used to do a series called MTV Icon. I listened to two of them, one of them being well known, and that was Metallica's MTV Icon show. I recently talkied on the forum about it after someone had found one of the songs (I believe it was Snoop Dogg's rendetion of "Sad But True".

I got thinking, after the show stopped in 2004, ending with the only other show I have seen for The Cure, there were many other bands who could be recognized for their music.

The point of this thread is to think of a band who should be recognized and why they should be recognized. Of course, being that is an MTV show, it has to fit in with bands that are MTV friendly.

Tha band I thought should be recognized, being that they still perform and are loved by many is AC/DC. The band has been gonig for over 30 years, and people love them from my dads generation to young kids.

A lot of bands would do a great job covering songs such as TNT, Back in Black, Highway to Hell, Stiff Upper Lips and/or Big Balls. I also think an AC/DC set at the end of MTV would be pretty cool.

I got thinking, after the show stopped in 2004, ending with the only other show I have seen for The Cure, there were many other bands who could be recognized for their music.

^ this

While I've never been the biggest AC/DC fan as you started to talk about TM, I do think their contribution to the music industry should be honored in this way, there's a lot of bands that should've gotten the chance to be covered in this show.
Now I've only really watched Metallica being covered in it, so I can't exactly name all that's been done on the show, but I definitely think MTV should have capitalized on the popularity I bet this show brought in throughout the time of it's existence, and while I don't doubt MTV's ability to draw in viewers already, I think a potential rebirth of MTV Icon could be a fresh thing to see for the newer MTV viewers, as well as the older ones that remember the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back