"Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen has arrived in NXT!

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
20140807_LIGHT_KevinSteen_HP.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-signs-kevin-steen-26556027

NXT has been immensely entertaining lately. I'm sure his official arrival will only add to that entertainment. Same with KENTA and Devitt. NXT is going to be the tizznittles.

It's great that they keep acquiring these incredible wrestling talents, but in-ring hasn't been WWE's issue for a long time.

Grizzly's a lumberjack, so...

But enough about that guy.

KEVIN muthafuckin STEEN, WHOOOOO!!!

I'll admit, he looks a lot smaller when not pitted against Generico.

This is cool and I am looking forward to seeing this guy.

I don't watch any indies really but am in the weird situation of picking up names by osmosis, so I already kinda know who he is.

Apparently it was Regal who scouted him, according to an article on the main page.

Anyone got recommendations for matches of Steen's to check out?

Don't watch Steen vs. Richards at Border Wars 12. One of the stupidest main event matches I've ever seen.

I've always wanted to see some of his work with El Generico, but it's hard to find unless you want to pay for it.

I've never seen one match or promo of this guy.

He has a horrible look. He is very fat (which is also a huge health risk). I hope this is not a Big Daddy V situation where he keeps getting fatter and fatter. Everyone can talk about how we need more variety in terms of body type. But with everything we know today about the health risks of being fat, it's a turnoff to me.

The American Dream Dusty Rhodes is fat. He was enjoyable.

I liek what I've s(t)een which isn't much but size has nothing to do with it.

He has a horrible look. He is very fat (which is also a huge health risk). I hope this is not a Big Daddy V situation where he keeps getting fatter and fatter. Everyone can talk about how we need more variety in terms of body type. But with everything we know today about the health risks of being fat, it's a turnoff to me.

Bold = subjective.

I get where you're coming from man, but honestly there have been loads of guys in WWE waaay larger than that. Big Daddy V is an extreme case and thus an extreme comparison.

It's possible that under a WWE training regime this guy may be able to lose some, but also some people are just naturally bigger & find losing weight hard.

I have watched some admittedly brief Youtube of this guy and my initial thoughts are "surprisingly athletic, can see why he's popular". He also seems to have quite a lot of personality and a fair bit of a fanbase.

I would want him to ditch the "t-shirt over ring attire" look and wear a singlet with the Angle or Swagger length legs. If he's a bit on the tubby side and we can see it, so what. No one cared about Dusty's moobs jigglin' all over.

Probably a great trainer. Not really interested in his in ring stuff. And with no foul language, just how far is his character supposed to get?

I'll be honest, Steen looks a little disgusted with himself in that picture. And Triple H's smile seems to scream "We own his soul now" at the internet fans.

Great picture, is what I'm trying to say.

I've never seen one match or promo from this guy either, so I don't know what he's like, but does this mean that WWE are gonna let him be himself when he debuts in the company? No gimmick changes, no name changes? Surely they wouldn't if they have announced his signing on their website, have mentioned his past in ROH, PWG, what he was like before WWE, and even that his finsher was the Package Piledriver (which will definetly change).

Don't watch Steen vs. Richards at Border Wars 12. One of the stupidest main event matches I've ever seen.

That entire feud minus their Best in the World build-up and match was mind numbing. It was like watching Davey Richards' balls being cut off while Steen became champion but because Jim Cornette refuses to believe a heel can be a bad ass refused to book him as crazy or deranged which got him over, but instead as a tempermental crybaby. I still can't get over how a guy who has ranted for so many years telling people how to book a show completely fucked with an entire promotion!

I've always wanted to see some of his work with El Generico, but it's hard to find unless you want to pay for it.

One DVD, everything included sans their 2012 portion of the rivalry.

_3722530.jpg

Just wait for a holiday when ROH runs a sale and you can get it for $11.99 or something, maybe even cheaper.

And for those of you wondering why they're announcing KENTA, Devitt and Steen by their real names, according to Meltzer there is a reason why.

WWE recognized both Kenta Kobayshi and Fergal Devitt by their real names, referring to Kobayshi as Kenta, minus caps in all tweets, press releases and on his website biography. The reason for this is WWE view the signings of Kenta, Devitt and Steen as the biggest three signings of the last ten years and so wanted to generate buzz from them considering each guys individual popularity outside WWE. Kevin Steen's signing is expected to be announced sometime next week and he'll be recognized by his real name and I'm being told he, along with Kenta and Devitt will be allowed to use their real names going forward due to their reputations. This is the opposite from what WWE usually does but it is seen as a way of legitimizing NXT as a place that houses the worlds best talents and is always scouring the globe for more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back