• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mr. Weiner

weiner-and-cats2.jpg

Should this dope resign?

After accidentally tweeting pictures of his junk, and lying about it, should he just go away? I think he's an idiot, personally. Who actually bought his story? I know I didn't.

He embarrassed himself, his family, his political party, etc. BUT, if you were Weiner, would you resign? He sits in a very, very liberal district, and will probably win the next election regardless of his stupidity. He isn't being forced to resign, and really doesn't need to... but should he?

MY THOUGHTS: I don't think he should resign, seeing he isn't being forced to do so. That doesn't mean I like the guy. I don't. I think he's a lying weasel, and I would love to see him voted out of office.

I wouldn't. While what he did was bad, there have been FAR worse sex scandals than this. There's a difference between talking and doing, which assuming he didn't do, he should be ok to retain his seat. I wouldn't resign, not with a year and four months before his next election. It also helps that this whole thing lasted a week instead of like months.

I wouldn't. While what he did was bad, there have been FAR worse sex scandals than this. There's a difference between talking and doing, which assuming he didn't do, he should be ok to retain his seat. I wouldn't resign, not with a year and four months before his next election. It also helps that this whole thing lasted a week instead of like months.

I don't have a problem with what he was doing. If you want to be a weirdo pervert, in the privacy of your own... twitter account, that's up to you. If these women are fine with it, have fun.

However, he lied for more than a week. He bullshitted the American people, and made this a much bigger deal than it needed to be. If he had come clean, from the start, some other news story would have taken hold within a few days, and all would be forgotten. Not completely forgotten, obviously, but it wouldn't be nearly the story it is right now.

I think he's a jackass, personally.

He should have just come out with it in the first place. Well, he shouldn't have DONE it in the first place, but he should have just admitted to doing it, said he made a mistake, and talked about finding God of some shit to make it seem like he's on the path to recovery.

The unfortunate thing is I really liked Anthony Weiner. He never pulled his punches, he spoke his mind and spoke it freely, and wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty like many of his fellow Dems are.

I don't think he should resign because it's really not that big a deal. What he did was disgusting and perverted, yes, but that doesn't change the fact that he's good at his job.

I don't have a problem with what he was doing. If you want to be a weirdo pervert, in the privacy of your own... twitter account, that's up to you. If these women are fine with it, have fun.

However, he lied for more than a week. He bullshitted the American people, and made this a much bigger deal than it needed to be. If he had come clean, from the start, some other news story would have taken hold within a few days, and all would be forgotten. Not completely forgotten, obviously, but it wouldn't be nearly the story it is right now.

I think he's a jackass, personally.

He has been a jackass but by comparison to what some members of Congress have done, this is nothing. If Larry Vitter can survive being caught with hookers, I think Weiner can survive this.

Hard to say. I don't know anything about Anthony Weiner politically, so I can't judge him on that, and it's difficult to say one way or another whether this should affect the job that he was elected to do. I would say that his moral and ethical values have been compromised, and that it will, and should, affect his election during his next campaign, but no I don't think he should resign. If he was using campaign, taxpayer, or government funds for his own means in some way, then yes that's a clear indication of his inability to do his job correctly, but so far it seems that his job performance and his personal choices are independent of one another.

I don't think he should resign because it's really not that big a deal. What he did was disgusting and perverted, yes, but that doesn't change the fact that he's good at his job.

Again, I don't think people care nearly as much about him taking weird photos as they do him being a lying sack of shit. Sending pictures to women, having phone sex, and every other weird thing he took part in means nothing. Minor offenses. However, he's another in a long line of politicians who are incapable of telling the truth, unless they are being held directly over the fire. I've accepted, a long time ago, that politicians are full of shit. But, I don't know, this just doesn't sit well with me.

Again, I don't think people care nearly as much about him taking weird photos as they do him being a lying sack of shit. Sending pictures to women, having phone sex, and every other weird thing he took part in means nothing. Minor offenses. However, he's another in a long line of politicians who are incapable of telling the truth, unless they are being held directly over the fire. I've accepted, a long time ago, that politicians are full of shit. But, I don't know, this just doesn't sit well with me.

Fair, but he was elected to do a job and no one thus far is criticizing his job performance. It's up to each voter to decide whether they feel his inability to tell the truth given his situation affected his ability to do the job they elected him to do, and if it would affect his ability, whether he's still better than his counter-part.

He should resign if he was doing a horrendous job and the public was clamoring for it. Until it affects his job though, I don't think he should resign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back