• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mr. Anderson No Longer with TNA

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Former two-time TNA World Heavyweight Champion Mr. Anderson announced at a recent Indy event that he is no longer with TNA.

“I don’t work for TNA anymore, so I agree with you, f–k TNA!”, said Anderson.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/683...h-the-company-says-fk-tna#eTksoBQqsDqpFtDp.99

--

TNA PR strikes again, it seems. I know Anderson has been doing a whole lot of nothing of late, but I don't thnk I'm ever going to be shocked at the decisions this company makes regarding it's best flag-bearers. Styles, Joe, Daniels and Kaz, Manik/TJ Perkins and now Anderson. These men are not just talented performers who were let go. They were talented performers who championed the company, constantly, during their time there. Sure, there were a few issues here and there (since I'm sure someone will bring up Joe's off-the-cuff shoot from years back), but generally, these performers genuinely cared about the brand, which apparently didn't genuinely care about them nearly as much.

Thanks for everything, Ken. Sorry TNA apparently treated you like trash on your way out the door.

Perhaps he should go to New Japan because at this point, there aren't all that many options out there for him to succeed in. He obviously won't be back in WWE after the Orton incident, he just burned this bridge here in TNA, Jarrett probably won't do much with him, and I don't know if I want to see him in Lucha Underground.

When you see something like this happen once, you brush it off. When you see it happen twice, you make a quick note of it. When you see it happen nearly every time this happens, it's the company's problem.

If I remember correctly, TNA recently restructured the way it does contracts (yes again) with the wrestlers getting guaranteed money but having TNA control their indy bookings. Basically TNA would get to send their talent to whatever companies they want for no extra money to the wrestlers, allowing TNA to get some of the money back for the wrestlers' contracts.

In other words, TNA is a wrestling pimp and the wrestlers are its ladies of choice. If you were a wrestler in TNA, how would that make you feel? You don't get to pick the indy spots you work, you might get to work three days a month for TNA (or zero in Anderson's case as TNA hasn't actually had him wrestle in months) and you're part of the laughingstock of wrestling.

My point is there's always something with TNA. It was Perkins talking about how awesome the company was and getting released. Before that it was Jeff Hardy being a huge embarrassment to the company at Victory Road and keeping his job because something about star power. Before that it was bringing in people like Val Venis and Orlando Jordan and putting them over TNA talent because something about star power again.

TNA continues to make it seem like they really, really don't care about their talent and sees them only as means to an end. That's fine if you're on fire and one of the best promotions in the world but TNA has continued to flounder for years now and isn't seeming to get any better (at least on the business side of things). It's clear that they're one of the worst run promotions in history and Anderson leaving without so much as a last match to put someone over proves that. I mean, the guy is a two time World Champion and a solid midcarder and he just leaves one day? That's the best TNA can do?

Either that, or that they can't afford to care about them to any greater extent than they do right now, which is tantamount to producing the same result — very disgruntled ex-employees who either disparage the company after the fact, or simply have little of positive note to say when asked to comment on their time there.

I'm trying to think of any non-superstar (so not including Sting and Angle) who left, for whatever the reason, and still spoke positively of the company afterward. I can't think of anyone.

Didn't he do an interview like three months ago where he was positive towards TNA? And wasn't he equally vicious to WWE while with TNA?

I mean, TNA's fucked up multiple times and doesn't deserve any benefit of the doubt, but it's Mr. Anderson we're talking about. A martyr he hasn't been, save in his own mind.

@Klunderbunker: Regarding their contract system, I'm pretty sure it's the same system used in Mexico by AAA and CMLL with their partner/subsidiary promotions as well as in Japan by New Japan. While it seems unfair (in that they're not making extra money), if they're being guaranteed a good monthly wage then there's little onus on the wrestlers to bitch as opposed to it being on TNA to provide those indie shows and pay their talents on time. The contract system itself isn't a problem, it's TNA's administration.

I can't speak to the actual contract formula. In the case of performers who sign deals that give them a guarantee and then complain about not being able to take outside bookings, that's their problem the way I see it. You're being paid to be a TNA employee, so they're doing you a favor by allowing you to work outside of their promotion whether they are or aren't using you enough. If you don't like what you signed for, that's also your problem.

But my issue here is that nearly every talent that leaves does so with the nastiest taste in their mouths, so this is well beyond just the contract structure IMO. It's a company-wide HR/PR problem because you just don't see this kind of venom being spit at any other company sans maybe WWE every now and then.

I can't speak to the actual contract formula. In the case of performers who sign deals that give them a guarantee and then complain about not being able to take outside bookings, that's their problem the way I see it. You're being paid to be a TNA employee, so they're doing you a favor by allowing you to work outside of their promotion whether they are or aren't using you enough. If you don't like what you signed for, that's also your problem.

But my issue here is that nearly every talent that leaves does so with the nastiest taste in their mouths, so this is well beyond just the contract structure IMO. It's a company-wide HR/PR problem because you just don't see this kind of venom being spit at any other company sans maybe WWE every now and then.

If the contracts were restructured and the wrestlers didn't have any say it the new terms (not saying that's what happened), that's not on them. That's ALL TNA trying to make things better for themselves instead of the roster, which seems to happen far more often than not.

It's true that almost no one leaves TNA with a kind word. I can't say I'm shocked though as the stuff they've done, including falling below ROH for all intents and purposes, really does show how horribly that place is run. Wrestlemania is in three weeks and everyone and their mother is holding a show in and around Dallas. You know who isn't, for at least the third year in a row? TNA. It really does come off like either A, they have no idea what they're doing or B, they really just don't care. I know running house shows isn't the most financially sound idea for them right now, but I refuse to believe that these nothing companies can book a show there but TNA can't. That doesn't add up.

Just when TNA looks like putting together a decent roster again and signing guys to guaranteed contracts they start releasing people again.

Mr Anderson hasn't been part of anything major over the last while, the last I heard he was earning a big sum in TNA so it makes sense for both parties to end this agreement.

Not sure what exactly TNA is planning with 'exclusive' contracts, there doesn't appear to be any house shows and they are still taping 4-6 weeks of content at a time.

If the contracts were restructured and the wrestlers didn't have any say it the new terms (not saying that's what happened), that's not on them. That's ALL TNA trying to make things better for themselves instead of the roster, which seems to happen far more often than not.

It's true that almost no one leaves TNA with a kind word. I can't say I'm shocked though as the stuff they've done, including falling below ROH for all intents and purposes, really does show how horribly that place is run. Wrestlemania is in three weeks and everyone and their mother is holding a show in and around Dallas. You know who isn't, for at least the third year in a row? TNA. It really does come off like either A, they have no idea what they're doing or B, they really just don't care. I know running house shows isn't the most financially sound idea for them right now, but I refuse to believe that these nothing companies can book a show there but TNA can't. That doesn't add up.

That can't happen. Restructuring occurs when both sides agree to the terms. TNA can't take an existing contract and just say tomorrow "well, we were paying you $10, but now we're paying you $1". They'd be taken to court immediately, and would lose in no time.

According to the main page, Anderson was released due to his behavior at the Bethlehem tapings... whatever that means. But at the end of the day, we agree, there's a problem when everyone leaving your company is doing so in such a negative manner. And it's not always over being paid on time or not. I know that's the low-hanging fruit joke to make, but Taz and others have confirmed they were never paid late. That their issues stemmed elsewhere.

It just doesn't help their image problem, and it doesn't help that this has been the case for more than a decade. The very first ROH show I ever attended began with a "Fuck TNA" chant. Not even an "ROH" chant. Literally, the first chant of the night was "Fuck TNA" for absolutely no reason other than the fans genuinely hated them.

Thanks for everything, Ken. Sorry TNA apparently treated you like trash on your way out the door.

Are we sure TNA treated him like trash, or was he just having fun with a "Fuck TNA" chant? The word is he got canned for his behavior during the UK tour. What exactly did he do? Did it warrant being fired? Was TNA looking for an out to get a hefty contract off the books? We probably will never know exactly what transpired and just get bits of truth from both sides.

In terms of talent being bitter when leaving, sure it seems problematic but plenty of guys leave other promotions and air their grievances and most fans attribute it to sour grapes, TNA doesn't get the same luxury. Everything TNA does is magnified due to their history of inept decisions but honestly this one is something that will blow over pretty quickly.

I haven't been interested in Anderson since TNA found a way to ruin both of his championship runs, so honestly if it means the difference in keeping Ken versus getting new talent I'm not sad at all.

I also get the idea that TNA should take care of the guys who vocally supported it, but aside from TJP none of the guys released really seemed to be let go in a malicious manner it was always more or less monetary.

Maybe Anderson is getting tired of being told to wait another week before cashing every time he gets a check.

That can't happen. Restructuring occurs when both sides agree to the terms. TNA can't take an existing contract and just say tomorrow "well, we were paying you $10, but now we're paying you $1". They'd be taken to court immediately, and would lose in no time.

True but I wonder how much of it was "agree to these new terms that only favor us or you're done." Assuming the terms that were listed out are true, it really does come off like a major win for just TNA and the wrestlers only being there to make things better for them, eventually becoming labor that pays for itself without giving the wrestlers much extra benefit. That's the general theme I get from TNA: Make sure we get ours and who cares about the wrestlers?

You can if it's a non-guaranteed contract. IF the contract says that TNA can terminate the contract if they do XYZ, then TNA can say to the talent "Either you accept these revised terms, or we'll do XYZ and you can explore the freedom of the indy scene."

It sounds like they did that in July. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0721/598522/tna-making-major-changes-to-wrestler-contracts/

And maybe again in January. http://www.sescoops.com/major-change-to-tnas-talent-contracts/ But that seems to deal with contracts that were expiring.

Yes, but that's not the same as what KB was talking about, which was the idea of, in effect, forcibly making those changes.

If TNA had a non-guaranteed deal and chose to revise, they can do so and offer those terms to the client. The Client then chooses whether to accept or not. If they don't, they walk.

The main is reporting that according to reports, Anderson failed a drug test and was fired from TNA. He was in a match and looked like he was under the influence of something, was tested and then sent home. The match never aired and was removed from the program.

I don't know who accurate these dirtsheet writers are but Anderson in the past has had Wellness violations, and he might be pissed that he was found out again, hence his "F*ck TNA" statement. I think we'll find out more as the story is just coming out now.

The main is reporting that according to reports, Anderson failed a drug test and was fired from TNA. He was in a match and looked like he was under the influence of something, was tested and then sent home. The match never aired and was removed from the program.

I don't know who accurate these dirtsheet writers are but Anderson in the past has had Wellness violations, and he might be pissed that he was found out again, hence his "F*ck TNA" statement. I think we'll find out more as the story is just coming out now.

No doubt the Jeff Hardy comparisons are coming. I know that Jeff moves merch compared to Anderson, but I don't agree with this inconsistency. Regardless of how much merch one of them sold, both should be fired or both should have kept their positions.

Then again, as Navi said, I'm sure there's more to this. As bad as Hardy's incident was, he did seek help. It's possible Anderson denied such rehabilitation, or this is a recurring offense in TNA.

It's a shame. I like Anderson, but everyone is accountable for their own demons.

Wrestlezone is reporting that Anderson failed a drug test, and was fired for that and his behaviour during the week. I can't really blame them after hearing the reason for his release, and after reading what he said of TNA at an indy show, I'd say they made the right decision. It'll take them a while to fill the void, but they should be used to filling voids by now.

No doubt the Jeff Hardy comparisons are coming. I know that Jeff moves merch compared to Anderson, but I don't agree with this inconsistency. Regardless of how much merch one of them sold, both should be fired or both should have kept their positions.

Then again, as Navi said, I'm sure there's more to this. As bad as Hardy's incident was, he did seek help. It's possible Anderson denied such rehabilitation, or this is a recurring offense in TNA.

It's a shame. I like Anderson, but everyone is accountable for their own demons.

I liked Anderson as well and am sorry to hear what happened. I did a Google search of TNA's wellness policy and they don't seem to have one as far as I can see. We are all aware of the WWE's policy and they do offer help to their talents, but TNA it seems really don't have anything in place. They should really do a better job of policing their own product.

Do agree that everyone should be treated equally, although we know that doesn't happen, and that each person is responsible for their own actions.

I loved Mr Kennedy on his first stint in SD!. I honestly thought he was the next big thing coming to stay and be THE top guy.

My...god...how wrong i was. Since that time when we was forced to "lose" the briefcase to edge, and then his injury was nothing important.......thats when everything started to go down.

If the reports are true, TNA did absolutely right, which is strange for them coz they try so hard to do everything wrong.

Thing is with Jeff Hardy is that he got suspended for a while, didn't he? I recall something he wasn't on the show for a while after that and went to rehab.

Very different animal for those comparing Hardy to Anderson. On the day of Victory Road, Bischoff and Sting both knew that something was up with Jeff. Both men, along with Earl Hebner, had the maturity and experience to properly deal with Jeff Hardy. It was Sting that went to Carter and told Dixie that Jeff Hardy was salvageable. If you all remember correctly, Hardy was away from TNA for the better part of 2011 after the Victory Road incident.

Shoot ahead to now: Nobody is going to compare Eric Young to Sting. Young is worried about his OWN career, and not in saving someone's soul like Sting was. And, since Anderson was not doing much with TNA anyway, it was a no brainer to just cut him loose after his incident with Young. Anderson will work the Indy scene. I doubt he goes to Japan.

I'd say (just going by interviews and the like) that Jeff Hardy has a less volatile personality compared to Anderson. and I think therein lies the possible reason for Anderson's release. Jeff went to rehab and seemed genuinely remorseful. Whether Anderson feels he doesn't have a problem (if that's the case) and is being confrontational about it might be the reason he was let go.

Also when you remember when he was released from WWE people were shitting on Randy Orton for getting Anderson/Kennedy fired, but if Anderson was acting like a dick then that wasn't going to endear himself to the higher ups.

Regarding Anderson's tenure in the company it basically fell through once he lost the world title the second time. I can't remember anything memorable he did after his second title win. I remember the Sam Shaw feud (that was more due to Shaw) I vaguely remember the James Storm feud (again that was more in part due to Storm) and I remember him teaming with Chris Melendez. But again he hasn't really done much so it's not like he's a big loss really.

Obviously as IDR pointed out TNA have a PR problem when it comes to released talent, but without really knowing what goes on behind the scenes in that regard we can only suspect.

Anderson had so much potential, but it seemed like creative didn't know what to do with him. His Asshole gimmick eventually got him over as a face, which seemed to be the start of his downfall. Not sure how many times he changed from heel, to face, to back to heel, and even in-between. I didn't know what they were going for when he did that Interview segment with Matt Hardy back in January. If indeed this stems from drugs, and he refused any kind of help from TNA, then it's all on him.

Hardy was given an ultimatum and told to clean his act up or he would no longer have a job and was then suspended, after which he went through months of rehab. Hardy also personally apologised to the company, the locker room and most importantly the fans. Anderson obviously doesn't think he needs rehab and has told the company to shove it, the guy obviously has a huge ego and not that many fans to apologise to, to be honest. For Eric Young to be infuriated to the point that he was yelling at people to fix the issue it would suggest that it may not have been the first time this had happened. So MR ANDEEERRRSSSOOONNN! The fans say Nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, GOODBYE!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back