Movin' on Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gd

Plump, Juicy User
Nearly all of TNA's television broadcasts and PPVs are held in the Impact Zone in Orlando, Florida. The will have some of their bigger PPVs in other cities, but for the most part they are always in the same place. The question is, does this take away from the show? Instead of having a different set of fans in a different venue every week, we get the same core of fans all the time in TNA.

I enjoy how the different types of fans play a factor on Raw every week; this week in Canada was a perfect example. However, in TNA the fans don't play much of a factor. I've come to expect the same thing from them every week and they don't really add to the show. Not only that, but I don't like the look of the Impact Zone either. It just seems so small and low budget compared to what we see in the WWE. I get that it is much easier finacially to stay in one place, but I think TNA should consider leaving the Impact Zone more often.

So, should TNA consider venturing away from the Impact Zone more often or do you think things are fine the way they are?

I think it will do them wonders to leave the Impact Zone more often. What better way to get a bigger fan base then to go out of town. Let's say they were going to MSG by some odd chance. Let's say people get word of this and start buying tickets. They can spread the fanbase by going to their friends and saying " Guys , guys, let's go to this", and then more people can see how great of product TNA really is.

I also agree though, the fans play no factor in the show whatsoever. Week in and week out they cheer and boo the same people. Like GD said, this week was a perfect example. Since WWE was in Canada Jericho got one of if not the loudest pops of the night. Now imagine that this happened in TNA, go to one of the heels hometown/country and watch how things change. The live fans play a major part in the show plus they help dictate change.

Let TNA travel across the US, maybe not as many different spots as say WWE, but it would do them good to have half of their shows filmed in other locations to test the waters with getting new fans/people to come out.

Reactions: gd
you know what, i totally agree with you SuperCrazy...every WWE show is in a different location, why can't TNA go to a different location, see what the market is for TNA is MSG or Staples Center or some of the other big city venues on a more regular basis...I would love to go see a TNA event live if it was up where I am more often

Well, the reason why Impact Zone seems so much smaller and low budget when compared to the WWE is because it is much smaller in size and budget. In theory, it's a good idea for Impact to go out on the road and tour like the WWE does. However, does TNA want to take that risk?

Personally, I don't think TNA has the audience to be as ambitious as that yet. What if they decided to do an Impact taping in another smaller venue similar in size to the Impact Zone, but only a hundred people or so show up? It'd be an embarassment really. Not trying to dis TNA with the embarassment comment, but I'm just saying what if. Taping Impact in other locations could end up with TNA having egg on its face. It'd be more expensive for them to film in different places and there's no guarantee that the gamble will pay off.

I think they have a pretty reasonable chance of success of the gamble paying off. But places like MSG or the Staples Center? No, not a chance. The Impact Zone holds about 1,300 people, so imagine taping a show in MSG and MSG is practically empty. It'll just make TNA look extremely weak. Bigger venues are not in the future at this time. TNA is simply not big enough yet.

There are three reasons why I think TNA doesn't/can't change to a new venue each week.

1. Do you think MSG would accually have TNA come and use there arena for 2 hours at this level? I don't think MSG managers think TNA can pack an arena YET.(Not saying never just saying not yet) So why would they give them 3hours of arena time?

2. TNA doesn't make as much money as WWE, there superstars don't make as much, it costs money to travel to different locations week in week out, WWE Superstars pay for alot of there traveling expences its not like WWE pays for everything.

3. TNA is WWE Light. Its a lighter schedual. With less hours, less traveling, more time to recoup. If they had to change locations each week, thats travel time, and more hours, then it justs as bad as WWE, maybe not in working days but still.

So there you go, those are reasons why, your right though the Impact Zone looks low budget but it is low budget. It looks small because it is small, but as much as its about the arena its about the product, TNA isn't big enough yet to change location each week.

Suggesting that TNA take Impact on the road to large venues such as MSG or Staples Center or other major arenas is definitely premature...there's not enough of an audience for that at this time. However, I think they should certainly consider doing Impact episodes outside of Orlando on a limited basis in smaller venues in big markets. NYC has the Hammerstein Ballroom, which has hosted a TNA house show and ROH events. I'd imagine the old ECW arena in Philly could be used. And I'm sure there are smaller venues in L.A., Chicago, and other big cities that can be booked. Impact in big arenas? No. But Impact in smaller venues in big markets? I'd say a big yes...

I'd rather have them in different venues and areas just because it allows more people to see it, but honestly I think they should do whatever is better from a business stand point. One of the main reasons why they tape pretty much all the shows in Florida, is because it's cheaper that way. You don't have to pay to move the equipment, travel, ect so it's pretty convient. But if the demand is there for TNA to move around, and if they can get enough of a turn out to compisate the loss from production, then I think they should travel. The Impact Zone fans are great though. They are always lively, and never dull like WWE crowds.

But I guess there is no harm in staying in Orlando for a while longer, until they can grow a strong fan base around the states, in order to fill the small venues.

Nearly all of TNA's television broadcasts and PPVs are held in the Impact Zone in Orlando, Florida...

False. Nearly all of TNA's PPV's are held on the road. They've only held 2 or 3 in the Impact Zone in at least the last two years. The only one I think that's been in the IZ the last 2 years both times was Sacrifice. Other than that, TNA takes PPVs on the road ALL the time. This has been going on for at least the last 2 years. They don't do Sacrifice I guess because it's coming off of Lockdown which is their 2nd biggest of the year IMO and it would draw similar to Backlash in the WWE. Still draws... but nowhere near as much as the previous PPV for each brand. Lockdown and of course Mania.

With that said, TNA would go bankrupt taking their television production out on the road for Impact every week and their stars wouldn't be able to travel or pay their expenses on the TNA salary. I read somewhere that Johnny Devine was only working for about 40 grand a year when he was in his contract? Between possible flights, rental cars, food expenses, hotel expenses, the poor guys would never be able to keep up let alone pocket a dollar. A bottom salary in the WWE is around 80 grand from things I've read I believe. Ron Killings said in his first run as K-Kwik, he spent damn near half of that just going from city to city and such. Expenses are a killer.

TNA needs a way to grab a bigger fanbase somehow where people will go pay to see their product. I went to Hard Justice in NJ last year and there were MAYBE 1000 people there. The show itself was totally amazing. But you figure each person only paying about 50-60 bucks a ticket except for TNA's rediculous front row prices similar to WWEs, a PPV only gets them about 70 grand at the door. Granted this was also a "B PPV" and they'd get more for Bound for Glory, Lockdown, etc... but they just can't do it financially. That's why the Impact Zone got a makeover. It's financially better for everybody around. TNA, its talent, everyone. And when a TNA house show can only bring in 600 people or so (who knows how many of them are paying customers), it just doesn't make sense. TNA needs more fans, more loyal fanbase, and just anything to make them a better draw than being "that other wrestling company."

False. Nearly all of TNA's PPV's are held on the road. They've only held 2 or 3 in the Impact Zone in at least the last two years. The only one I think that's been in the IZ the last 2 years both times was Sacrifice. Other than that, TNA takes PPVs on the road ALL the time.

Actually you are incorrect.

Lets take a look at all the TNA PPV's from the past two years in the Impact Zone:

Hard Justice 2007- Impact Zone
No Surrender 2007- IZ
Genesis 07- IZ
Turning Point 07- IZ
Final Resolution 08(January)- IZ
Sacrifice 08- IZ
TP 08- IZ
Final Resolution 08(December)- IZ
Against All Odds 09- IZ
Destination X 09- IZ
Sacrifice 09- IZ
Victory Road 09- IZ
Hard Justice 09- IZ

So if my math is correct 13>2 or 3 in the past 2 years. Pretty much half of their PPVs are in the Impact Zone.

Lest we not forget Impact was held in Las Vegas last year, as they were upgrading the Impact Zone at the time. It was a pretty decent turnout, with at least 4-500 fans there. It was a pretty small venue in the first place, apparently, but it didn't take away from the energy of the event at all.

So, this proves that TNA can hang outside the Impact Zone. With careful pre-promotion and planning, perhaps they can venture out of the Zone and do smaller shows across the country. Apparently, they have decent house show attendance, so why not try it out? I believe like many, that this would boost TNA's standing in the eyes of the average fan and help them step up to challenge the status quo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back