• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movie Theatre Traditions

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
So I just finished seeing a movie at the theatre whilst the movers are busy putting stuff up, (partly why ive been slightly less active) and I came to the realization that I have the same basic habits every time I go to the movie theatre.

I always get my movie tickets early so I don't have to wait in line, and generally since its origin try and make my tickets electronic cause I tend to lose stuff in my pockets. Once I enter the theatre I have a tradition of ordering an iced tea and nachos because firstly I dislike popcorn in general and secondly I find that I actually eat nachos longer which lasts me through more of the movie.

When entering the theatre I always try to sit in the backrow and its something all the members of my family do without real reason. Also I'll admit I am one of those people that when with friends will answer every preshow trivia question whether I know it or not.

So wrestlezone what are your traditions?

My routine consists of the following

-I typically only go to matinee showings as they are much cheaper ($6.50)

-Show up at least 35 mins. early, if it's a busy day this gives me more than enough time to get all my shit & get into my theater while it's still fairly empty so I can get my seat.

-After I buy my ticket I hit the concession stand & buy the same thing every time, a medium Cherry Coke & a small popcorn (always comes out to exactly $10.50), I also grab two napkins.

-Once concessions are taken care of it's off to my theater where I claim my seat, I typically try to get the same seat every time. I theater is set up with stadium seating, so when you walk in you have the choice of a lower section, or the upper section, I always go for the first row on the upper section because it has a nice little bar in front of it where I can put my feet up while enjoying the show. I usually go in about 3-4 seats, I've found this gets me in far enough where I don't have to turn my head too much, while keeping me close to the aisle in case I need to run & take a quick piss during the movie. I've also found that it you sit 3-4 seats in that most people just assume you're saving those seats & don't bother to try & sit in the seats by you.

-When the movie is over I collect my trash & make my way out throwing everything away. I hate when people just leave their trash behind, it's a major pet peeve of mine. I then turn the sound on my phone back on, & head to the bathroom before leaving.

I rarely go to movies with other people because they completely fuck up my whole routine was then leaves me annoyed for the entire movie going experience.

In college my best friends and I had the tradition of getting stoned in the parking lot at the local theater before going in, been thinking of bringing that one back. These days I don't really have any. I just go. I tend to eat prior or after because not only are the concessions highway robbery, but also because I don't drink soda and I like to eat relatively healthy. If I have a date then I'll offer to buy her something from the concessions or just pick up a bag of popcorn to share. I tend to give dates/companions the option to pick the seats, but my personal area of choice is higher up and in the middle of the row. Habits, I suppose, but no traditions.

I have to show up early to every movie I go to. Sorry, but in life, tardiness is something that really pisses me off, especially when I'm going to movies. It's why I go to the movies by myself 99% of the time, because I can't stand other people being late, and completely taking a dump on my whole process.

I put my phone on vibrate after all the commercials, local ads, and promo ads for upcoming TV shows end. And I always make sure to get a seat near the front, or at the end of any row. Being scrunched in between people, fighting for an arm rest, and getting up every time someone has to go the bathroom throughout the movie drives me nuts.

I used to enjoy going to a fancy multiplex with twenty-four screens, but so many loudmouth and immature fucking idiots go that theater, I had to stop. Now a days, I frequent a smaller theater with thirteen screens. It's more homely, quiet, peaceful, and I can watch the movie in peace without having to worry about someone screaming out loud, laughing non stop to get attention, or hordes of people sneaking into each movie and making more noise. Recently, I went to see Man Of Steel at the thirteen screen theater on the Sunday after it opened. The theater was packed, but nobody felt the need to draw attention to themselves by doing stupid shit.

I mean, I'll stop at the multiplex on rare occasions if they have a movie I really want to see, and the thirteen screen theater doesn't have it. But I've only been there twice this year to see The Iceman and The Lords Of Salem.

I always try to snag the matinee showings, because they're cheaper, and nobody is hardly ever there. And I usually go every Tuesday night, because it's only $6.00.

I also used to buy food, but I had to stop, because I put on too much weight last year. The thirteen screen theater wasn't too bad, because they only have popcorn, candy, pizzas, pretzels, and the other usual stuff (I don't eat hot dogs). But I put on most of the weight at the multiplex with the mozzarella sticks, chicken fingers, potato skins, and french fries.

Like the majority, I get there early to make sure I can get tickets etc. Since I usually go with friends, I go on Wednesdays either in the afternoon or evening, depending on when is easier for us. We head to the nearest supermarket before to stock up on some food, usually I go for banana's, water and the odd packet of crisps, depending on how long the film is. Since my local cinema only has 1 screen, we tend to sit near the front due it smelling like piss, floors being sticky and seats being cramped together.

I prefer going to the movies during the evening even though it is more expensive. Usually I'll try to sit toward the middle as the view is best there to me. I refuse to sit in the front, and in the back it just isn't as good or comfortable. I'll often put my legs up on the seat in front of me purposefully so people will avoid sitting in it. Few things are more annoying than some idiot rambling in front of me while I'm trying to watch. I'll get snacks such as gummies or chocolate from the concession stand usually and sometimes popcorn but I always wait until the actual movie starts. I never eat during previews. It's something I've done since I was a child, never really had a reason for why, it just became a tradition somewhere down the line. Last but not least, I prefer to go in a group.... I have been to the movies by myself a grand total of one time.

I never really go to the movies alone. Hell, I don't think I've ever gone to the movies alone. I usually get nachos and some water since I'm not really a soda person. I tend to sit anywhere just not very close to the screen because my eyes are that bad. 3D movies have sort of become a pain since I wear glasses when I watch movies. So that means I gotta wear my glasses then my 3D glasses. It's a hassle but meh, I can deal with it.

3D movies have sort of become a pain since I wear glasses when I watch movies. So that means I gotta wear my glasses then my 3D glasses. It's a hassle but meh, I can deal with it.

Ah, yes. 3D. I absolutely refuse to watch anything in 3D unless it is the only option. I detest 3D. It's so stupid! I go to movies for stories, character development, action, and memorable moments. Not to see 3D graphics. It does nothing for me and I couldn't care less about it. Nothing is ever going to change that.... I am patiently waiting for the whole 3D thing to slowly die down and never come back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back