• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Moves that looked like it legitimately hurt

The Warlord

Pre-Show Stalwart
Im not talking about the spotfests with guys falling off ladders or Foley falling off and through the cell...I want to keep this as traditional as possible with wrestling moves only.
Try and stay away from botches...those are obvious. ie Lesnar's shooting star and Owens piledriver on Austin. I wanted to share one that I saw earlier, and is the idea behind this thread.

Wrestlemania 19 - Rock vs Austin

The very last Rock bottom the Rock hits Austin with looked viscious. I could almost feel the pain watching through the tv. After seeing this it made me think of other moves that seriously hurt, non-botches that is.

Bret Hart's Sharpshooter was a beast.. When he would get a decent grip on the legs, sit low on the back and really gave it a crank. It was excellent to see

The final tombstone Undertaker gave micheals.... it looked like the most emphatic tombstone ever!!! He jumped and spike Micheals into retirement.

i think the tombstone always looked nasty and i would imagine very risky epecially the jumping one taker retired hbk with at mania that looked brutal.speaking of hbk his sweet chin music usually looked and sounded painfull in particular the one he hit on shelton benjamin as he jumped from the ropes in there match on raw a few years ago dunno if it was but it def looked like a legit knock out.as for submission moves i thought the crippler crossface looked very painfull mostly just because of how intense benoit looked when he managed to get it locked in.another one is the anklelock its been used by many wrestlers but it always looks like it would hurt like hell.also i think another good one is lesnars kimura lock.

Any F5 from Brock Lesnar. Seriously, getting lifted in the air and spun around just before you come crashing to the mat looks vicious.

The Torture Rack.

The move relies on both the giver and the taker for it to truly look effective. If you have the guy performing it really looking like he's trying to break his opponent and the guy on top actually selling the move, it can look like it legitimately hurts. Luger actually made it look painful, Ezekiel Jackson was able to make it look good by the intensity he'd put into it, Manabu Nakanishi does it well, and Awesome Kong's bow and arrow version of the rack looks absolutely deadly.

I would take to take a razor's edge. Therre's no way to protect yourself. All your weight comes onto your shoulders which can't be good for your back. And there's really no way that you're not going to hit your head on the mat.

From having an older brother who used to attack me with his best WWF moves....The Walls of Jericho hurt, a lot; as did the Crippler Crossface!

This might not count as a move but I remember when Colter attacked Sheamus with that broken clutch and they showed his whelps after that it looked painful too

trish stratus' sharpshooter on lita on their final match - it looked like lita's spine almost snapped in half

alberto del rio's kicks on ziggler's head - unbearable to watch

Whenever a heel lays into Cena for half an hour and he just hulks the fuck up. That must hurt...

Thread Closed.

th

I know not everyone here has had their testes descend, but for those of us who have, getting "crotched" on the rope, turn buckle, or via low blow looks more painful than anything listed thus far.

Trash can lid to the head. Just watch as the impact folds the lid in half.

Edit: Sorry, no video to watch. I'm sure we can all watch it from our wrestling memory banks anyway.

You can add tables and chairs... I mean, breaking through a SOLID SLAB OF WOOD or folding A CHAIR MADE OF STAINLESS STEEL??! Hot dong!

Trash can lid to the head. Just watch as the impact folds the lid in half.

You can add tables and chairs... I mean, breaking through a SOLID SLAB OF WOOD or folding A CHAIR MADE OF STAINLESS STEEL??! Hot dong!

In fairness guys, I think the OP wanted us to avoid foreign objects. But yeah, fuck getting anything metal slammed against my head or being thrown through a table. Looks and is painful, even when gimmicked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back