• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Motor City Machine Guns: Best Thing Going in TNA

Chill

Championship Contender
The title says it all really, in an age when TNA is putting on some suspect television, I can rest easy knowing that I'll at least get to see the 'Guns in action. Their recent series against Beer Money which saw them retain the tag titles was very entertaining and I hope they are given the chance to continue showing the fans what they've got, they really are one of the crown jewels of TNA and if they're smart they wont put the 'Guns on the back burner to less superior performers and other crazy angles.

What is so great about these guys is their energy, they don't need to talk or cut a promo, all they have to do is have a match and naturally, excitement follows. Without doubt, I'd rather watch these guys doing their thing over EV2.0, Fortune, Abyss going crazy or any other aspect of current TNA programming.

So I ask, what is the best thing going in TNA as of right now? It has to be the Motor City Machine Guns, surely.

The title says it all really, in an age when TNA is putting on some suspect television, I can rest easy knowing that I'll at least get to see the 'Guns in action. Their recent series against Beer Money which saw them eventually capture the tag titles was very entertaining and I hope they are given the chance to continue showing the fans what they've got, they really are one of the crown jewels of TNA and if they're smart they wont put the 'Guns on the back burner to less superior performers and other crazy angles.

What is so great about these guys is their energy, they don't need to talk or cut a promo, all they have to do is have a match and naturally, excitement follows. Without doubt, I'd rather watch these guys doing their thing over EV2.0, Fortune, Abyss going crazy or any other aspect of current TNA programming.

So I ask, what is the best thing going in TNA as of right now? It has to be the Motor City Machine Guns, surely.

Well for one, the best-of-five series with Beer Money, Inc. didn't see them "capture" the TNA World Tag Team Championships. They "captured" them six weeks prior at Victory Road when they defeated BMI in the finals of the tag-team tournament TNA set up when the titles were stripped from The Band as a result of Scott Halls [del]twelfth[/del] [del]nineteenth[/del] [del]one-hundred and ninth[/del] thirty-seventh drug/alcohol related breakdown. They retained the titles as a result of the best-of series, which is what I think you meant to say.

As for the rest of your post, yes, I agree they are a fantastic tag-team and very entertaining, and I certainly don't think they'll be put on the back-burner, so to speak, but I'm not entirely sure they are the "best thing going in TNA" right now, as Fourtune, despite the involvement of the ECW face-group, has been doing much more by means of involving themselves in the biggest angles of the company right now, which says to me that they, by default perhaps, are the "best thing going".

The title says it all really, in an age when TNA is putting on some suspect television, I can rest easy knowing that I'll at least get to see the 'Guns in action. Their recent series against Beer Money which saw them retain the tag titles was very entertaining and I hope they are given the chance to continue showing the fans what they've got, they really are one of the crown jewels of TNA and if they're smart they wont put the 'Guns on the back burner to less superior performers and other crazy angles.

The best part of the underlined sentence is that even though they DON'T need to cut a promo, when they do, it's golden. I mean just look at their last one in TNA. It was really nice, followed by an excellent tag match against Gen Me (the other great highflying team).

With BMI out of the way, I'm expecting Wolfe to be the one to help MMG become more solid as a tag team. And then maybe somewhere down there, they could face WGTT if TNA can get them in.

I gotta agree The Guns are the best thing going on in Tna right now. I wasn't a huge fan of theirs until I saw that best of five series against Beer Money but now whenever I watch Tna im looking forward to see them the most. So in my opinion they are hands down the best thing in Tna right now.

I LOVE M.C.M.G. but I don't know if I can tag them as the best thing going. I have a hard time saying anything is better than Kurt Angle in TNA right now.

I also think Alex Shelley could be a world champion on his own, we could look back 5 years from now and realize this current run as the tag champs, then maybe a split, is what lead Alex Shelley down the "HBK Path."

They are tremendously good though and really are one of the highlights of TNA, which also sort of means something like, "this is the best speeding ticket I've gotten." ;)

The guns are best thing going for sure. But they need more opponents and not just the same ol. I was expecting a EPIC MCMG vs LAX feud. But with Homocide gone, its not gonna happen. NOT YET.

Motor City Machine Guns are by far and away the best thing going in TNA right now. In fact, they are about the only thing going that I attempt to watch on Spike TV on a typical Thursday night. They are an example of what I have always said that TNA needs to build upon if they are ever going to improve their product and mount any form of formidable challenge to WWE: a movement of youth and athleticism that indicates a desire to move forward, rather than standing still or worse, going backwards. I can rarely make it through an entire episode of iMPACT, I try but I just usually cannot do it. But I do usually check in throughout the show, with the help of the LD's on these forums, to find a MCMG match which I typically will watch.

They are good in the ring: high energy and physical. They are competent on the mic. Their series with Beer Money was actually quite good. They are an example of a tag team which I would never break up into two solo competitors; I would keep them together (along the lines of Team 3D or the Road Warriors).

On a program which features EV2.0, Fourtune, a tease of a nWo re-incarnation, Hogan and Bischoff, and other retro content, it's a breath of fresh air to see two young guys actually go full out in the ring in a burst of youthful enthusiasm. When your other options are a heel Styles (which doesn't work for me), a fat Samoa Joe, a dead Knockout division, a nearly dead X-division, plus a handful of guys I'm pretty unfamiliar with, it's not hard to say that MCMG have become the cream of the crop on iMPACT.

Now, if only they would build upon these guys with more examples of youth and energy (Wolfe, Pope, etc.,) plus a mixture of veterans to pull it all together, maybe we'd be on to something.

Unfortunately I'm not optimistic about this. It will continue to be ECW re-hashes, Ric Flair blood-fests, Knockout T&A with no in-ring quality, and of course Hogan and Sting front and centre, and so I'm probably not even looking at the line, never mind crossing it.

Well the MCMG are the second best thing going in TNA right now don't get me wrong I love them but I love legends getting beat by young guys for some reason and that is what Fortune brings that the MCMG can't also I am a big fan off all the Fortune members. I like the MCMG because they are an exiting team that can deliver a great match with most off the teams in TNA like Beer Money, Ink Inc and Gen Me also they have mint moves that always impress me.

MCMG are my favorite part of tna right now. im not the biggest fan of dreamer cuz he is stale in the ring to me and with him being the leader of ev2 just bores me. now i would rather fortune fued with...hardy, pope, angle, rvd if he didnt take leave, MCMG, hernadez and hogan. im really hoping the MCMG retain against magnus and wolfe. seems like it could have the potential to be an exciting match. hope we get some tv time on tna to see what they can do

Considering everything else that's been on TNA tv recently, I also feel the Guns ate the hottest thing going. Their best of five series has been the best thing I've seen on TNA in awhile and I'm surprised that they didn't get pushed this hard until only now. Ah well, better late then never. I hope the Guns can hold onto their gold for a long title reign as I think they can help reestablish a somewhat ailing tag team division (I blame The Band for that but now that they're broken up, it no longer matters). I see a bright future for these guys. I hope it's not just wishful thinking.

Eh. I thought Magnus and Wolfe forcing Chelsea to go shopping with them only for her to take the credit card was much more entertaining than MCMG and Generation Me having a very generic indy match last week.

I don't think the MCMG are the best thing in TNA. I know the internet loves these guys because *finally* an indy tag team that still wrestles that indy style of flips, the occasional dropkick and the overuse of moves that other guys on the card use as finishers. But that style really very limited appeal. Like incredibly limited appeal to the point every time TNA has gone on the road for PPVs, the MCMG and the rest of those guys who use the same style are the least reacted too. Wait, that's not fair. Some people in Detroit loves 'em.

More power to ya if you like them. But part of TNA's problem is catering to the internet crowd who doesn't care for charisma, good promos, selling or anything else that is seen in the WWE's bigger stars. lol

Eh. I thought Magnus and Wolfe forcing Chelsea to go shopping with them only for her to take the credit card was much more entertaining than MCMG and Generation Me having a very generic indy match last week.

Only it wasn't indy, because it was in TNA, which is a main stream wrestling promotion. Besides, what's wrong with indy?

I don't think the MCMG are the best thing in TNA.

Then what do you think is? That's the point of this thread.

I know the internet loves these guys because *finally* an indy tag team that still wrestles that indy style of flips, the occasional dropkick and the overuse of moves that other guys on the card use as finishers. But that style really very limited appeal. Like incredibly limited appeal to the point every time TNA has gone on the road for PPVs, the MCMG and the rest of those guys who use the same style are the least reacted too. Wait, that's not fair. Some people in Detroit loves 'em.

But judging from the insane reaction these guys receive every time they make an appearance in the Impact zone, I'd assume they're quite over with main stream wrestling fans and I'd also assume they're loved by more people than just those in Detroit, judging from the positive reaction they receive.

More power to ya if you like them. But part of TNA's problem is catering to the internet crowd who doesn't care for charisma, good promos, selling or anything else that is seen in the WWE's bigger stars. lol

I would absolutely consider myself a bigger WWE fan than TNA any day, but occasionally, it's refreshing and fun to watch a high energy match which doesn't take forever to build up, like we see in WWE, ALL THE TIME.

The MCMG are by far TNA's best tag team and one of the best teams in the world. I just wish they gave them the titles in 2008. Hopefully they have a champions vs champions match sometime against the Kings of Wrestling.

If you're talking about wrestling and wrestling alone, they're not the best in TNA, they're the best I see anywhere. The first time I saw these guys wrestle (this was before I really started watching TNA regularly) I was like holy crap these guys work a match amazingly together. They're like Rey Mysterio when he was younger and didn't do the same 6 moves all the time like he does now.

But if you're talking the full package then you would almost have to go with Fourtune. There's a lot of potential there. And with the help of Flair (who's promos aren't what they used to be, but he still helps push anyone) they could really become a major stable. Beer Money seems to get better all the time. Morgan is on his way up. Styles is finally becoming his own heel instead of a complete Flair clone. I am, however, wondering where Kaz and Doug Williams are going to eventually fit.

If you wanna watch an amazing match, watch MCMG. But if you wanna watch who's gonna headline almost every Impact and PPV for a long time, watch Fourtune.

Only it wasn't indy, because it was in TNA, which is a main stream wrestling promotion. Besides, what's wrong with indy?

Being on TV doesn't make you mainstream. TNA is nothing but a glorified indy promotion with some really bad financial planners. lol I think the problem with indy is that people want it to succed without losing everything that made them like it the first place. But the problem is that a lot of indy feds are just incredibly bad: blood isn't an tool to sell a feud, you can count the amount of set spots in the match before you can count the facial expressions, and hardly any of the guys make an attempt connect with the audience.

Then what do you think is? That's the point of this thread.

To be honest, I don't know. Individually, I think everything ranges from "crap" to "okay, I guess". But as a whole, the product as been really good in comparison to last year.

But judging from the insane reaction these guys receive every time they make an appearance in the Impact zone, I'd assume they're quite over with main stream wrestling fans and I'd also assume they're loved by more people than just those in Detroit, judging from the positive reaction they receive.

Er... I guess you missed the threads about how the iMPACT! Zone crowd needs to die. haha

To be honest, I don't see how anyone can take the reaction of the iMPACT! Zone serious. It is like there is a shopping list of things they have to react to: 1) flips and other really unneeded bull that the X-Division guys do. 2) chant "fire ____" at the first thing they don't like. 3) chant "boring" or "s/he can't wrestle" at someone they don't like. 4) whatever JB tells them to.

I would absolutely consider myself a bigger WWE fan than TNA any day, but occasionally, it's refreshing and fun to watch a high energy match which doesn't take forever to build up, like we see in WWE, ALL THE TIME.

I feel ya. However, there's really no need to have a wrestling style that produces identical matches over and over and over and over and over. Then over some more. Especially when none of the guys have a character or an ounce of charisma. I guess people like Chris Sabin and Alex Shelly because they are 'cool', but I don't see how anyone can defend the MCMG's 'smarky' promos.

Being on TV doesn't make you mainstream. TNA is nothing but a glorified indy promotion with some really bad financial planners. lol I think the problem with indy is that people want it to succed without losing everything that made them like it the first place. But the problem is that a lot of indy feds are just incredibly bad: blood isn't an tool to sell a feud, you can count the amount of set spots in the match before you can count the facial expressions, and hardly any of the guys make an attempt connect with the audience.

I totally get what you're saying here and believe me I think TNA is a second rate organisation, no doubt but what I am saying is that the Motor City Machine Guns are one of the more watchable aspects of TNA, that's all.

Sure, they mightn't sell a move in the same manner as a WWE performer but to be frank, I don't care, I am a WWE fan first and foremost but sometimes I want something that isn't slow paced and based heavily on psycology and the Motor City Machine Guns absolutely provide that.

This isn't meant to be a WWE v TNA thread or an indy bashing thread, it's simply here to see what people think is the best aspect of TNA, that's it.

To be honest, I don't know. Individually, I think everything ranges from "crap" to "okay, I guess". But as a whole, the product as been really good in comparison to last year.

I largely share these views, but again, I'm saying the 'Guns are the exception for me....they are more than okay, they are exciting in my book and make sitting through 2 hours of Impact half bearable.

Er... I guess you missed the threads about how the iMPACT! Zone crowd needs to die. haha

I did miss them, oops!

To be honest, I don't see how anyone can take the reaction of the iMPACT! Zone serious. It is like there is a shopping list of things they have to react to: 1) flips and other really unneeded bull that the X-Division guys do. 2) chant "fire ____" at the first thing they don't like. 3) chant "boring" or "s/he can't wrestle" at someone they don't like. 4) whatever JB tells them to.

Maybe but still, they react in a very positive manner whenever the 'Guns perform and that cannot be ignored.

I feel ya. However, there's really no need to have a wrestling style that produces identical matches over and over and over and over and over. Then over some more. Especially when none of the guys have a character or an ounce of charisma. I guess people like Chris Sabin and Alex Shelly because they are 'cool', but I don't see how anyone can defend the MCMG's 'smarky' promos.

But that's wrestling for ya, the same could be said of WWE matches, it's the same slow build up every-single-time with an emphasis on selling and the like, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the matches in WWE are very alike. I like Sabin and Shelley because of their in-ring style, I find it very exciting and again, it's refreshing to not always have to sit through the slow build ups I'm accustomed to with WWE's product, which can be a tad boring, dare I say.

Correction : The Tag Division is the best thing right now in TNA. Not only are the MCMG fantastic, but look at the Best of 5 series with Beer Money, another excellent tag team. Or look at GenMe, who put on a great showing against MCMG. And the newly formed London Brawling will be facing MCMG at No Surrender. And you can't forget about other solid teams like Team 3D, and Ink Inc.

MCMG may be the heart of the tag division, but teams like Beer Money and GenMe are also a big part in contributing to making the tag division the best thing going in TNA right now.

I do really like MCMG but I wouldn't say they're the best thing in TNA at the moment (and no, I'm not going to say Jeff Hardy either) I'm going to have to say Magnus and Wolfe, I know they're not a big part but I just think they're a great tag team. If you haven't seen them in a match yet just check one out on youtube, their chemistry is amazing and having Chelsea with them makes it just that little bit better.

Personally I really enjoy watching MCMG, but I think the reason why this whole thing with them possibly being the best thing that TNA has is only because of the best of 5 series with Beer Money. That series was quite possibly the best feud that TNA has had all this year and the 2 out of 3 falls match should recieve a nomination for match of the year. But I still think we're suffering from the high of that series. It's what MCMG does after that feud that will mean the difference between being the best and just being a cool midcard act.

The Guns have so far done a good job post-BMI feud. They had an awesome match with Generation Me on Impact and are going against London Brawling at No Surrender, another team with loads of potential. I think MCMG is the best tag team in wrestling today. Currently I don't think they're the best thing going in TNA (That nod goes to Fourtune), but with some great feuds coming up, the Guns could give them a run for their money.

I would have to agree with the OP here. The MCMG are by far the best thing going in TNA. I always made sure to tune into Impact to watch a MCMG VS Beer Money match, in fact, MCMG VS Beer Money was the main reason why I would watch Impact some nights. The Guns are an outstanding tag team, and both of them can cut a pretty good promo every now and then(especially Alex Shelly). Heck, I enjoyed the match the had with GenrationMe last week, and GenMe hasn't been seen on Impact in forever.

I've said it time and time again, and I will continue to say it, I just can't get into this whole Ev2.0 thing. When Tommy Dreamer is your lead man, then you can't expect too much. Dreamer is going to cut a majority of the promos, he's going to get the most mic time, and he has wrestled in the main event on Impact a few times already. Tommy Dreamer seems like a nice guy, but he's just not main event material. He never was and he never will be.

Fortune can be okay at times, but when a 61 year old man is the spark of the group, then that also can't be looked at as a good sign. Ric Flair can be the most entertaining member of Fortune most of the time, and everyone else just seems to be there.

The Knockouts division just isn't what it used to be. It's all about the drama within The Beautiful People now, and all of other the Knockouts just seem to be filling space on the roster. TNA has lost a lot of women wrestlers over the past year, and it shows.

I'm okay with Abyss right now. I like him when he's playing the scary monster, but I can't stand it when TNA decides to toy with his character. I just can't get into Abyss when he's this goofy gentle giant or when he's running around as unstoppable force that's caused by the power of a Hall Of Fame ring.

I think what's made the MCMG arguably the best thing in TNA just now is their consitency. Despite being given an unfair rub by TNA over the years, by that I mean putting on great matches for say 3 weeks in a row then not being featured for another month or so, when they HAVE appeared they have put on some amazing displays. Some credit must go to Beer Money too who managed to keep up with them and helped make them look like they really deserved to be the top tag team.

This is a bit of a loose tie-in by way of Beer Money, but does anyone else think it strange that Fourtune, which is predominantly made up of 'TNA' guys (aside from Flair obviously) is being treated as the heel group against the ECW guys and Hogan's Heroes who, maybe aside from Pope, are all best known from their WWE days?

Lord save me I do want TNA to succeed, but with Dixie spouting the generic spiel of 'TNA going to another level... Young guys getting their shot etc.' yet aligning herself against the Fourtune group, it's hard to really get on board with what she's saying

The motor city machine guns are basically what the cruiserweights were in wcw. The in ring workhorses while the older guys were involved in all the main event storylines. So as long as we have bischoff and hogan at the helm they won't reach main event status ever. But yes they are the best thing going in tna right now.

Actually, I agree that MCMG is the best Team in TNA, but if I had to say what the best thing TNA has going it would be the Tag-Team division as a whole. Just look at the teams that they have - it literally takes a shit on WWE's "Tag-Team" division. The new team of Wolfe and Magnus is really interesting, Beer Money is hands down awesome, and you also have MCMG. Throw in the other teams that wrestle like Generation Me, who deserve to be up at the top like MCMG, and you have the best tag-team division in pro wrestling today. TNA really needs to push this division like they have been because their singles division seems like it's falling apart.

At present the TNA tag division is my favorite thing in wrestling not just TNA. While the Guns vs GenMe was excellent, I enjoyed the destruction of the FBI at Beer Money's hands just as much.

Can anyone honestly persuade me that anything or anyone has been as entertaining as the matches involving the Guns and/or BM in the last 6 weeks?

MCMG are the best thing going today and I don't just mean TNA. It's sad to see that the company isn't completely behind them, because their matches with BMI got the loudest pops and were on a really high level, compared to everything else, yet their build-up was next to none. TNA should be showcasing the best thing going in their company. They have no World Champion at the moment, TV title means shit, the X-division is non-existent, so why not get Hogan (a firey, charismatic babyface of his day) and pair him up with MCMG (firey, passionate babyfaces of today) to promote their stuff. It's a no-brainer, however they just had to have their stable wars, which, by the way, are going to end with noone getting over, when Fortune should clearly be decimating everything in their path. Bottom line - MCMG are the best thing going today, plus they're genuinely likable, which is not too common in wrestling nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back