Most underrated tag teams of all-time?

For me, the most underrated tag team of all time are the Usos. Sadly, they are in an era were tag team wrestling is the bottom of the barrel in terms of priority. It took 8 years before the Usos were in a feud that got the recognition it deserved when they have had many of other good ones with even better matches with teams like the Shield (Roman and Rollins), Cesaro and Kidd, Harper and Rowan, and even the Hart Dynasty. People have praised their recent promos due to the character change, but imo, the Usos have always been good on the mic. I can not remember a time the Usos had a "Lucha things," "half the brain," or "4 ropes" moment during a promo or just bored me on the mic.

Might not be a popular opinion, but If the Usos retired tomorrow, they would easily have a well deserved spot in the hall of fame beside their father.

Doug Furnas & Phil Lafon are an extremely underrated tag team. They were absolutely amazing in Japan and tore the house down a regular basis, came into WWF with a lot of hype, and were a complete afterthought with a couple short months.

The Steiner Brothers should have been more dominant in WWE all things considered. They were a complete joy to watch in the ring. Around WMIX time, they should have been putting on classics but were put on the back burner, for Hogan’s ego when he came back and teamed with Beefcake. The Steiners never recovered in WWE. And had one short lame, random, title reign.

Those are the two that come to mind right off the bat.

The headshrinkers

A very solid team who always had good matches with the steiners at mania 9, the 6 man tag with bam bam vs gunns/tatanka at summerslam 93 is my favourite match on the card, they had good matches with the quebecers on raw. They had good workrate for their size and always put effort in. You just never seem to hear them mentioned alongside other teams of the 90s

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back