Most Improved of the Year

Who was the Most Improved Wrestler of 2017?

• Elias

• Braun Strowman

• Velveteen Dream

• Alexa Bliss

• Lars Sullivan

• The Miz

• Drew McIntyre

• Jinder Mahal

• Andrade Cien Almas

Results are only viewable after voting.
Have to go with Strowman here. Alexa Bliss is not a bad choice either. I'm surprised Miz is on here. He was good all year, yes, but he's been good for many years. Elias I think just recently started to come on strong.

I have to give it to Strowman. Alexa Bliss isn't a bad choice and I'm amazed how far Velveteen Dream has come in such a short span of time. However, by this time last year, a lot of people had written Strowman off as one of Vince's projects that was gonna crash and burn but he turned out to be one of the highlights of 2017.

With that said, I think a legit argument can be made for most or even all the nominees.

Easily Braun, as Alexa was excellent for quite some time before this, and honestly, seemed to cool off and regress a little by the end of the year.

Braun on the other hand went from potentially being just another huge guy who could not perform to the level he was pushed to a legit pleasure to watch, and every bit deserving of his spot on the card.

BRAAAAUUUUNN.

And it's not even close. The guy went from being laughably garbage to being one of the most entertaining members of the roster. Also him kicking Apollo Crews out of the air is one of my favorite gifs from this year.

Braun Strowman. But Miz had a great year too, and Jinder as well. Took him a few matches and the right opponent, but he really does feel more credible as a main event level performer.

You would have thought that all he needed was to get split from the what's and have Vince McMahon behind him. In all seriousness, strowman came a long way in a year and while he still need a little work to be a top star, he still a major star and has a bright future in front of him if the fans don't turn on him.

Honorable mention to JInder Mahal who I think is the second most improve guy on the roster.

Strowman for sure. I can't really think of anyone else from any promotion that could rival his all-around improvement as not only a pro-wrestler but a performer. He's a total star and the type of guy I want to tune in to WWE and see to be entertained.

A nod to Alexa Bliss. Still not a fan, but it's more WWE's fault. I get all edgy and spiteful with her cause she's somewhat the embodiment of everything I hate with the WWE's style of branding women. It's still better than what a lot of casual and hardcore WWE fans have been conditioned to for over 2 decades now, but I guess it's still a step backwards for me. Gotta be more positive in 2018 and credit is due where it's earned.

Also, he probably won't be mentioned, but Leo Tonga from NJPW did really well. He was super green and not to say he isn't now, but as a dude billed at 6'10 and being a foreigner to Japan he's really come together.

Semi off topic, but G.O.D. is a good team and while they don't have anything to really put them over the top beside comedic edgy promos with a lot of swearing and good in-ring ability they make do. Hope the three find their place more in the next year or two because I'd hate to see them kind of just fade into obscurity as more newer talent continues to explode in the wrestling world.

BRAAAAUUNNNNNN!

From being almost a nobody to the best on Raw every week. One of the pivotal wrestlers who filled the void left by Universal Champion Brock Lesnar.

Considering that he went from the guy that everyone bitched about when he was rumored to be Undertaker's opponent to the guy lot of people want to win the Universal title, this has to be Braun.

Considering that he went from the guy that everyone bitched about when he was rumored to be Undertaker's opponent to the guy lot of people want to win the Universal title, this has to be Braun.

No kidding.

Last year: "Braun vs Taker? Fuck that. That doofus doesn't deserve to be anywhere near a ring with the Undertaker, let alone have a match with him at Wrestlemania."

Next year: "Braun vs Taker? Fuck yeah. Bring that bitch out of retirement so that Braun can squash him, and retire him again."

Elias is every bit as good as he has been since NXT. His act, however, is designed and thrives in larger crowds. We're only just noticing now.

It is a toss-up between Miz and Braun for me, but I went with Miz. Braun has improved in making himself look good in his matches, but Miz is improving in just about every criteria. Frankly, that's a little unfair of me, because Braun's role is not to make others around him look strong, but I can't ignore Miz's efforts this year. Every feud he was involved in was a success to himself and those around him.

There's no contest here: Braun Strowman wins this one.

He went from a lowly Wyatt henchman and one of the weakest in ring performers in the company to a legitimate killer machine in the span of two years: And for that, I salute him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back