• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Most exciting sport

What are your favourite sports to watch? (multiple choice)

• Football/Soccer

• American Football

• Aussie Rules (AFL)

• Baseball

• Cricket

• Field Hockey

• Ice Hockey

• Basketball

• Rugby League

• Rugby Union

• Motorsport (Cars, motorbikes etc)

• Athletics

Results are only viewable after voting.

hArdyPUNKmArk

I'm better than you!
Which is your favourite sport to watch? Most exciting and keeps you wanting more. Something you cannot miss a good game of.

Well being any Aussie I will prbably be very biased with my vote.

But personally I have to say Australian Rules Football. Yup Ive gorwn up watching it all my life and seen many many good games But when a close tight and tough contest is on I think there is nothing beeter to watch. You have the hard tackles, rough bumps, high flying marks and some dazzling skills. When those elemts are mixed together into one game, especially when it is tight its just awesome.

Still watch the 2005 & 2006 Grand Finals as I believe they were epic contests.

I agree.

I voted for Soccer and AFL. I love em both.

I would rate soccer higher because an epic game of it between some major clubs or countries will shit over an epic game of AFL. AFL has too much of a tendancy to to be one sided and once that happens the game turns into a bore fest but I definatley agree with ya when it's tight and a final or 2 teams competeing for a top 8 spot it can be the best thing to watch.

Who do you support. I'm a Carlton fan through and through so I'm happy with this year as apposed to the last 8 hahaha

Multiple things wrong here.

First, the thread title and the poll are completely different things, The most exciting sport is not always your favourite sport to watch.

Second, this thread name should have read "Hockey is the most exciting sport", then you should have had a moderator close the thread, because the thread is answered.

Third, you are obviously flame baiting me by not putting hockey as you answer, though you didn't put anything. Silly fellow.

Fourth, the answer is Hockey. Seriously, Ill make a list of why.

First, its played on ice, bar none the slipperiest thing ever.

Second, it is played by angry Canadians without teeth

Third, It is played by angry Canadians without teeth with knives taped on their shoes

Fourth, It is played by angry Canadians without teeth with knives taped on their shoes and a sharp stick

Fifth, Not many other games are played as straight like hockey is. Soccer, the field is too big, so the rushes are low. Baseball is slow. Football has a ton of stoppage in play. Basketball lacks the Canadians without teeth, with knives taped to their shoes and a sharp stick.

Sixth, this thread can be closed as I have answered the question, and no more debate is possible.

I agree.

I voted for Soccer and AFL. I love em both.

I would rate soccer higher because an epic game of it between some major clubs or countries will shit over an epic game of AFL. AFL has too much of a tendancy to to be one sided and once that happens the game turns into a bore fest but I definatley agree with ya when it's tight and a final or 2 teams competeing for a top 8 spot it can be the best thing to watch.

Who do you support. I'm a Carlton fan through and through so I'm happy with this year as apposed to the last 8 hahaha

Ah bloody Blues fan!! West Coast fan here. So yeah the last couple of years have bee a little rough on me. Hey will you give Juddy back??? Please?

I haven't watched a full game of a lot of those sports, so I cannot say for definite that my sport is the most exciting, and I assume the same is true for a majority of others voting or posting in this thread.

My favourite sport, and therefore the one I think mosst exciting, is rugby league. It's a sport where anything can happen, and any team can win at any time. An example from the recent results. Salford, a pretty average team, beat St Helens, who are currently top of the league. The week after they lost to Celtic Crusaders - the bottom of the league. Another example, this past week, Leeds Rhinos travelled to Wakefield. With 2 minutes left, and losing by 2 tries, Leeds somehow scored a try with 2 minutes left, and THEN a try on the last play of the game, to win 32-30. Amazing game, and you can NOT imagine to excitement and the atmosphere unless you were there.

I agree with Becca, Rugby is pretty exciting to watch. Anything can happen with that many guys flying around on one field. Not to mention it has some of the nastiest hit's I've ever seen for a sport.

Caution, these videos may contain extreme violence that *****es will not be able to handle, as well as extreme gore.

[youtube]OXjkBRQC2Ew[/youtube]

[youtube]W5u0khFnHUg[/youtube]

[youtube]2L0_LGblKGk[/youtube]

[youtube]_CI7c-rxFMU[/youtube]

[youtube]GTcu6rEOCws[/youtube]

So you want some NHL action eh? Yeah, that is an eh out of me. The NHL has great hits, great fights, and great goals. Imagine if MMA was played with a ball with battering rams hitting you. Not only would that be great, it compares to what the NHL puts out there 1230 times a year before the playoffs start.

I thought perhaps post a couple of things for our American, British, and other members that are perhaps dont know much about Aussie Rules football. I know its not going to sway any voters at all, but still thought id post some videos.

The firs is from Anzac day this year. The winning goal from first year player David Zaharakis. To set the scene after a close game all day Collingwood kicked away to lead by 3 goals deep into the last quarter. The rain came and the Bombers looked shot. But they go a couple of goals back until young Zaharakis stepped up. Exciting, especially when watching with Essendon fans.

Oh to add a bit more Essendon and Collingwood hate each other.

[youtube]1VWhUEt5ZJc[/youtube]

Second vidoe, som assorted highlights from the last 5 years. Including bumps, marks and goals.

[youtube]65NdEJDNNfE[/youtube]

Again not going to change anyones minds. The bumps where a lot better in the 70's and 80's. Where you could knock a guy out and it would be all good.

Well everyone since everyone has vids of their sport why not.

This part of the reason I find rugby entertaining.

[youtube]xvMFHXcd0yQ&feature[/youtube]

[youtube]3qERfwG3_fA&feature[/youtube]

That and I play the game...

Well I chose football and cricket.

Football because it is the world's sport (apart from America). Football is the mecca of sport's. There is nothing better than watching two giants of football with different styles going head to head. Case in point Arsenal beating Manchester United 2-1 in November and Liverpool and Arsenal drawing 4-4. Those two games highlighted why football is the best sport to follow and why the quality in the English Premier League is the best in the world.

As for cricket I think less people will agree with me. I understand why some people don't like cricket but I love it. I am talking about the real cricket, Test matches, not the Twenty20 circus shite. The Test match in Cardiff that finished on Sunday highlights the awesomeness of test's. You had the second best cricket nation in the world battering a team that used to be the second best. It all looked doommed but unlikely heores secured the unlikliest of draws. It was thrilling stuff.

Well,I chose Soccer and american football from the list.Soccer is a great sport to watch.You have so many different ways of playing and scoring.You can have such brilliant skill and goals,it's exceptional.While I also like American football.I find it moree exciting over short periods,rather than long periods of time like soccer can be.There's nothing better than seeing a guy score a screamer from 30 yards in soccer or a player running the pitch to score a touchdown.

Although,they wouldn't be my actual choices.My 2 choices are native to my homeland,Gaelic football and hurling.Gaelic is like a mixture of soccer and rugby,and very similar to australian football.There is even a comprimise rules match every two years.Hurling is the fasted field game in the world.They hit balls,called sliotars,witha hurley.Here's a video of Hurling:

[youtube]WO6ApiVV5iI[/youtube]

They are incredibly exciting,and there's nothing better than a tight match between two teams,especially from hurling.

[youtube]fTfLoG17SWg[/youtube]

Yes,that was the goalkeeper.

My answer is MMA, but since it's not an option for whatever reason...

It's got to be out of basketball and American football. Probably basketball, even though I care more the New Orleans Saints more than any other team in all of sports.

The thing is... I can sit down and watch a basketball game, no matter who's playing and still enjoy it. Whereas in football, I only really get into the NFL, and the SEC. But it doesn't matter if it's the NBA, a Euro league, the NBDL, college, a game from the seventies or eighties, I can turn on a basketball game and be thoroughly entertained. But I can't watch the CFL, Arena football, or most of college football and end up giving a damn about it. So, that's why I would have to say basketball is my favorite sport outside of MMA. Plus, I also believe basketball is the most fun/exciting sport to actually play, so that helps, too.

Hockey is the most exciting sport. Constant action, hardly any down time, full of skill, and full of physicality. It also helps that it is my favourite sport, but even then, I'm sure anybody can just watch a game of hockey and be thoroughly entertained, even if they don't watch regularly.

American Football

All of the games have an extreme impact on the rest of the season. It's rare that you can compete for the Nat'l Championship in college if you have 2 losses in a season, and sometimes 1 even eliminates you. In the NFL one play can always come back to haunt you and keep you out of the playoffs. The importance of every game adds value to all 60 minutes of action every week. And what I just said, you see your team 1x/week. It builds so much anticipation, you cant help but be excited on gameday.

There's nothing I find more exciting than being at a game at the Linc. So there's my answer.

This thread will get the usual answers.

The Americans will choose American Football
The English will choose Football or Cricket
The Scottish will choose Football
Becca will choose Rugby League
The Candians will choose Hockey
and the Aussies will choose AFL/NRL or Cricket.

I chose Football, there is no better sport in the world than football. I grew up with it, I've watched it since I was a young lad cheering on the likes of Cantona (for one season) Strachan,Mc'Callister,Yeaboah to now cheering on Delph, Becchio, Beckford and Snodgrass. You live and Die for your team, through the good times and the bad. If you guys think soccer is a boring sport just try and watch the Premier League, each season gets better and better end to end games,smaller teams becoming more competetive and gaining shocking results over the big clubs. It's the greastest Sport in the world.

I think that football/soccer is the most exciting sport because there is nothing better than getting ready for a big match day. The blood pumping i get chills just thinking about it.

I voted Basketball and Athletics.

Basketball because it is my favorite sport, and I have an adoration for the NBA. I love to watch any game and is the sport that I truly know most about. Damn I love basketball.

I chose Athletics assuming it was things like Track and Field, Swimming, etc. Those are sometimes very entertaining to watch due to the phenomenal athletes executing unbelievable feats. How could a guy pole vaulting over a 20 foot wall be boring? I also enjoy to watch swimming, as that is the sport I excel in, and am able to compare my times to the world record times. It's quite humbling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back