Mortal Kombat's list of tweener/neutral characters

TEIWCSCSAATBHPHASP

Pre-Show Stalwart
Which of MK's tweeners would be better served as a hero or a villain if all of them were required to be full-time on one side than the other? Well, that depends on who comes off as more noble, ruthless, sadistic, cunning or boastful. In other words, it depends on which character's core being/personality would either enable them to be credible heroes or hinder them to the point that they're better off as villains.

The following tweeners that Mortal Kombat has created are: Bi-Han aka Noob Saibot, Cyrax, Dairou, Darrius, Ermac, Erron Black, Ferra & Torr, Frost, Goro, Havik, Hotaru, Kabal, Kintaro, Kotal Kahn, Liu Kang, Meat, Nitara, Raiden, Rain, Reptile, Hanzo Hasashi aka Scorpion, Sektor, Sheeva and Tanya, and going by the history of all these characters, some of them have either served under Earthrealm, Outworld/Netherrealm or even existed solely to serve themselves. The perfect definitions of Mortal Kombat's true outright bad guys would have to be Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn, Shinnok, Quan Chi, Moloch, Onaga, Mileena, Baraka, Kano, Jarek, Reiko, Chameleon and Hsu Hao.

To put the cherry on the top of the icing on the cake, we'll just leave it for Mortal Kombat fans to decide whose entire core being (despite being neutral/tweener characters) is best suited to be a hero or a villain, or in wrestling's terms, ...best suited to be a face or a heel. State your list and determine who fits better as a full-time face or a heel, and why.

A little confused on what this discussion asks for. None of these seem to be classified as neutral characters. They're canon good or bad. In fact, Scorpion, Sonya Blade, Kuai Lang, Kitana, Liu Kang, Raiden...are the good guys on their own wiki:

http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Good_Characters

As much as a like the franchise and the idea of discussing what makes a tweener/neutral character and how they could be either good or evil, the wiki makes a fair point to label them accordingly.

Bi-Han, Rain, Reptile, etc are evil:

http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Evil_Characters

I do enjoy the Mortal Kombat storyline a lot, but even I must admit that this is a very niche topic that requires further research of my own. If I, a Mortal Kombat fan, need to delve into further research, just imagine how awkward it must be for someone who isn't a Mortal Kombat fan. This is simply one of those topics that is really too abstract for good discussion, especially making a list of characters and explaining why one must be good or evil. I tried, but I gave up after Frost. You're simply not going to get a good answer to this as it's way too specific and requires too much effort, especially not on a Mortal Kombat forum, and on a wrestling forum.

On a slightly related note (since we're talking fighting games), is your name a reference to Eternal Champions on the Genesis/Sega CD?

I do enjoy the Mortal Kombat storyline a lot, but even I must admit that this is a very niche topic that requires further research of my own. If I, a Mortal Kombat fan, need to delve into further research, just imagine how awkward it must be for someone who isn't a Mortal Kombat fan. This is simply one of those topics that is really too abstract for good discussion, especially making a list of characters and explaining why one must be good or evil. I tried, but I gave up after Frost. You're simply not going to get a good answer to this as it's way too specific and requires too much effort, especially not on a Mortal Kombat forum, and on a wrestling forum.

On a slightly related note (since we're talking fighting games), is your name a reference to Eternal Champions on the Genesis/Sega CD?

My Eternal Champion name is a reference to me being the son of Lord Jesus Christ. He is my real father, and my grandfather is the Lord in heaven. I can assure you that this is nothing to do with Eternal Champions of Genesis/Sega CD.

Mortal Kombat is actually the king of all fighting games, Eternal Champions is the most underrated gory fighting game, Killer Instinct to me is the most darker fighting game with a darker presentation of gore, and thus, I think Bi-Han, Rain, Reptile and Tanya all had potential to serve as heroes. Reptile for wanting his hometown of Zaterra back but he's stuck having to serve Outworld/Netherrealm masters, Tanya for wanting Edenia back on her own terms by taking up the throne of Edenia, and Bi-Han (Noob Saibot) was a ruthless old-school Lin Kuei ninja who had a tainted soul during his visit (as Sub-Zero) to the Netherrealm and had Sareena as an ally. Even Raiden cannot force Bi-Han to be anything other than being an amoral assassin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back