More Day of Reckoning type wwe games anyone?

Trill Co$by

Believes in The Shield!
Ok for those who never played it and are saying DoR is just another wrestling game, let me stop you RIGHT there. Day of Reckoning, despite what those who haven't played it may think, is not just your average wrestling game. Unlike the Smackdown series and the failed Raw series, Day of Reckoning and Day of Reckoning 2 both had plots to it. They were more prequel and sequel than they were next year installments. For example, the first one started you off as a member of Evolution and ending at WM where the second one took you from the day after that WrestleMania to the next year's.

Also, the CAS aspect was one of the best that I've seen, and so was the matches. Day of Reckoning one is also the first game that allowed you to fully customize your own championships.

Now that we're all caught up...

Is there anybody else who thinks that WWE should make more games like DoR?

The games in general were awesome. The bridging storyline was pretty cool. The gameplay however went from good to terrible. The reaction time was awful. I was getting Stone Cold Stunned while I was on my knees. The blocking was overly exaggerated making it nearly impossible to land any offense on your (human) opponent. And since when does a wrestler collapse when somebody is Suplexed next to them? I'm sorry. The games features were excellent but the gameplay its self was god-awful. If they ever wanna bring it back (Which they should) they need to fix that gameplay first.

BTW: It was hilarious seeing Edge be so desperate for a World championship, he would steal it to get Triple H out of the picture.

Is there anybody else who thinks that WWE should make more games like DoR?

Definitely! The first Day of Reckoning was one of the better wrestling video games I played and it was great during its time. The controls and background music were better than many of the Smackdown VS Raw games. I would welcome another Day of Reckoning game because I enjoyed the first one and it would be fun to play a new wrestling game that has that style.

haha I loved DoR and DoR2! I remember at the time my ps2 had broken and i started playing my sisters Gamecube and one of the first games i bought so i could play was DoR. Awesome game and it was a very simple game i didnt have alot of features because of the gamecubes disc capability. But they both were awesome games! I really digged there soundtracks especially DoRs. The CAW system was hella dopeee. I honestly thought that DoR and DoR2 had the best CAW in a WWE wrestling game at the time. I really liked the game play for some reason if they worked on it more i think the DoR series couldve been really succesful. When the Wii came out i hoped they were going to continue, but instead they gave everyone SVR. Which is hella whackk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back