More Big Moments coming on Raw as long as WWE is Negotiating TV Deals?

Will we have bigger moments on free tv as long as WWE is negotiating their TV Deals?

• Yes, increasing ratings with bigger moments leads to a better contract

• No, Things will remain the same and big moments will be saved for PPV

Results are only viewable after voting.

pepentorresHHH

Getting Noticed By Management
Most people on the "was wwe having bryan leave the wyatt family" say it was too soon, and after thinkingg about it maybr it should have happened on PPV but is that what WWE wants right now?

Right now wwe is trying to secure the most lucrative deal possible for RAW, Smackdown, Main Event, etc. and having certainly big moments that increase ratings instead off on ppv could certainly lead to better contracts

So , my question is, should we expect even more big moments happening on raw instead that on ppv? WWE makes it money from their tv deals and advertisement not ppv so .....

What do do you think?

Bigger moments or feud payoffs on free tv instead of ppv ??

It's possible, but I don't think it's the primary reason why things have been heightened for the past several weeks.

With the beginning of each new year, WWE finds itself in the very beginning of WrestleMania season. During WrestleMania season, there's always more energy going about and bigger things popping up. In the coming weeks and months, it'll be more common to see a lot of major happenings take place on Raw as part of the overall hype to WrestleMania. This Monday will see the return of Batista, next Sunday will be the Royal Rumble featuring Batista's first match back & Brock Lesnar's first since SummerSlam. We've seen several beloved legends pop up on Raw and the story going about is that Hulk Hogan is due to sign with WWE at anytime. The Undertaker will probably make his return at some point over the next month or so. Plus, less than a week ago, WWE officially announced the launch of the WWE Network.

When you factor all of those things together, it makes perfect sense that WWE wants to go that extra mile.

Yes, but that's the way it's been for awhile now. The focus of WWE has shifted from PPVs to Raw and Smackdown over the last year. I can't remember the last big moment that came on PPV, other than the Orton/Bryan cash in at Summerslam. They don't seem to care as much about the PPVs anymore, outside of Wrestlemania and Summerslam.

Now, does that have to do with tv contract negotiations? Perhaps it does, but it seems like PPVs aren't the draw they once were, so WWE doesn't put too much into them. I think that
that will only be furthered now that the network will have the PPVs each month. Seems like that is a dying breed where the PVP is the moneymaker for WWE. TV is the drawing point now, and WWE will continue to have most of their big moments there, even after the contract negotiations are over with.

Big moments don't necessarily = big ratings. Especially if no one knows those moments are coming. I watched WWE out of habit last night not because I knew DB would turn on BW. In fact some would argue that putting The Usos and Bray Wyatt in the main event was not exactly a strong.

Plus it is unlikely that any media titan is going to pay WWE extra money for Raw because they get a few solid ratings during negotiations. They are going to look back on years of data for trends and project that in to future revenue.

Otherwise I have nothing to add, Tak161 summed things up pretty nicely.

The fan in me wants to say yes. Obviously PPV isn't going to be put at as high a priority now the network comes in, but it's going to be a huge change, we don't know how they will react to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back