Monsters Ball Match: Mick Foley v Abyss - special referee Dr Stevie

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayhem

Pre-Show Stalwart
This match is a dream hardcore match for any wrestling fan to see in my opinion. The hardcore legend versus the best hardcore wrestler TNA has produced and looks set to be a brutal bloody match.

Foley proved he can still pull off this type of match at Lockdown and Abyss is known to punish his body to the limit. I expect to see brutal spots and Stevie to actually referee this years monsters ball properly.

Really spectacular treat for the fans and non pg stuff. Thoughts?

Really looking forward to this match!! I hope it lives up to the expectations that I think we all have with the old vs new hardcore legends.

I fully expect to see Stevie take a big bump in this match. Maybe Abyss chokeslams him off the stage? I don't know. I can't see Foley doing much more than bleeding so that's why they have Stevie in there, to take something big.

If this was 5 years ago it would truly be a dream match, but now it doesnt have that same feel since foley is way over the hill. Should be violent with lots of big spots but i dont know if it could live up to the hype

i can not wait for this match in is a match made in hell mick foley and Abyss fighting in a monster's ball match when i frist heard this i was happy and i thought it couldn't get better till i heard stevie is the ref DAMN, TNA you have what truly sounds like a great match don't fuck it up, also and expect this but the SCREAM QUEEN, ms. zombie hott herself daffeny will get involed in this match which makes me happier

Who isn't looking forward to this match? I have high expectations 4 this match. So high, that i'm hoping that it's better than Edge vs. Foley @ Wrestlemania. I hope that i'm not aiming too high.

I've got hope for this match. Abyss and Foley both work best in a hardcore or gimmick environment, so this match is perfectly suited for both of them. I actually quite like how this feud has come along, and I hope the match we see at Bound For Glory will live up to the hype of these two hardcore greats going at it. Hopefully we see some good spots. I wish Stevie wasn't involved though.

Wait, Abyss w/Dr. Stevie is not a misprint?

I stopped watching TNA a couple of months ago to save my sanity. I have no doubt that Abyss vs. Foley would be a pretty good hardcore match to go out of my way to check out, considering that Abyss is the TNA version of Mankind to begin with. That's not really an insult, mind you. The gimmick does have similarities to the Mankind gimmick, but he is a hell of a brawler who will also do what it takes to entertain the fans.

But can someone break down why Abyss is with Dr. Stevie now for me? The last time I paid attention to TNA, Stevie was placing a $50,000 bounty on Abyss's head.

But can someone break down why Abyss is with Dr. Stevie now for me? The last time I paid attention to TNA, Stevie was placing a $50,000 bounty on Abyss's head.

The thread creator kind of labeled it wrong, Stevie isn't actually with Abyss, he's the Special Guest Referee for the match, as decided by Foley. So, yeah, thread title is a bit misleading, Stevie is actually the special guest referee.

I've got hope for this match. Abyss and Foley both work best in a hardcore or gimmick environment, so this match is perfectly suited for both of them. I actually quite like how this feud has come along, and I hope the match we see at Bound For Glory will live up to the hype of these two hardcore greats going at it. Hopefully we see some good spots. I wish Stevie wasn't involved though.

Fuck you.

Stevie's been great the past few weeks, the intensity in his promos have arguably been the best in TNA at the moment, I am interested to see how the thing will pan out. This should be a damn good match.

Fuck you.

Stevie's been great the past few weeks, the intensity in his promos have arguably been the best in TNA at the moment, I am interested to see how the thing will pan out. This should be a damn good match.

Ha, you know I love Stevie as much as the next guy Lee, but I don't want him involved in this match. I'd rather see Stevie off having his own match than being the special ref here, because all he's going to do is keep trying to screw Abyss, which is going to make the match one-sided and not very fun to watch. I hope that doesn't happen though.

You know I love Stevie, but he really doesn't need to be involved in this match in any way.

Brutality,blood, and mayhem, I'm expecting to see all of this and more in this match. Ever since Mick came to TNA, I've been waiting to see this match. The promos between these two have been great to watch. Although it seems Dr.Stevie will try and screw Abyss in this match, I still cant wait to see it.

You know I love Stevie, but he really doesn't need to be involved in this match in any way.

I'm thinking Stevie is there so Abyss has his chance to lay him out, and get revenge for the bounty. If Stevie is the guy counting the pin, I'd be amazed.

As for the match, I'm stoked. When the feud started, I was the one that said "Wow, this would be a damn good Monster's Ball match." Check out the TNA Question thread for proof. I expect lots of blood and violence, and for a warning to appear before the match telling parents to tuck their kids in before the bell rings. These guys may not be the greatest wrestlers right now, but once upon a time, they were among the best of their generation. In a hardcore environment, there's nothing telling me they won't be at their best, beating the life out of each other.

As for who wins...Beats me. I just want to see blood and gore...

Stevie's just there for a huge bump, it seems. I'd love it if Daffney shows up just to get pasted too.

The promos over the past couple of weeks have been really good, and this is a match with no predictable outcomes which adds to the anticipation. I really hope Mick and Abyss do good here and bring Monster's Ball back to the glory days of 2005 & 06.

As of now, this is really the only type of environment that either guy is really interesting in. Should be nice and bloody, although I simply do not want Dr. Stevie involved in this match. During the whole Abyss/Stevie thing, it's always made me change the channel. I have no interest in the guy, nor do I in seeing him in this match. His involvement will probably wind up making the match your standard one-sided deal in which the crooked special guest ref is trying to screw the babyface.

I'd much prefer just a one on one match where winner takes all. A match where the toughest man is going to walk out, whoever wants it more comes out with the win. Or, better yet, they beat each other to such a degree that neither one is able to continue and draw out the feud. A series of hardcore style matches between the two I think could be fun and interesting. God knows that neither guy really has anything else even remotely interesting going on.

This match started very slowly, and then took off when Abyss went through the stage. At that point it started to build nicely, and had a few good hardcore spots. The tacks actually played into the match, which was nice, and we got to see an awesome Dr. Stevie bump. Big kudos to Daffney for taking the chokeslam through the barbwire board also.

Let's just hope this win means that Abyss will return to his hardcore roots, and stay there.

What a disappointment this match was. Not that it was bad, it wasn't, it was quite good and definitely entertaining with a few nice spots. But it was too short, some of the spots were sloppily performed, and there was no big spot to crown the match off and give you that "Holy Shit" moment. I had high expectations for this match, I was expecting both Abyss and Foley to want to go out there and put on a classic, but instead we got just good. Not bad by any means, but disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back