• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Monster On The Loose! Abyss Is The *NEW* Television Champion

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
At Slammiversary, Devon viciously attacked Joseph Park backstage with Knux and left him a bloody heap. When the time for their match came, Joseph was nowhere to be found so Devon took a count out win. He then, like the jackass he is, bragged about how he could do the same to Abyss. If he were in Boston. But like any good wrestling fan knows, speak of the devil and the gates of hell will open. Abyss appeared, plowed through both Devon and Knux and won his second TV title. Will it be better than the first run? Given he vanished after winning chances are yes. But I don't care. I'm just happy that piece of crap, Devon doesn't have a belt.

well, i think the story could be interesting including an "is he the TV Champion" and a few Joseph Park appearances where Devon demands "his" belt back. my guess is that eventually this is how they reveal the split personality deal of Parks.

Well I'm with you to a certain degree ........ Devon or rather ace and eights are full of bs you know Devon paid his dues to wrestling as a whole, and deserves a tittle but the angle the have him is BS to start ......... and old Joe parks could be done better if i say so myself split personality sound like TNA and WWE have to same writers pool ,,,,,,, the could go with a superman and Clark Kent route but it a miss

this should be interesting.

I'm so glad that Joseph Park didn't win. the character Joseph Park I'm getting tired/bored with.

even with Abyss as the TV champion, he doesn't have to be seen much. Devon didn't defend it much. so I imagine you still wont see Abyss all that often.

I hope they can continue this with Joseph Park and Abyss being the same person.

Another good move by TNA.

First, when I saw the blood on the wall, I thought that would bring out the monster inside of Joseph Parks, and he would come out, Black Hole Slam to Devon, and win the title. But Abyss was the better choice, as he's a credible threat to Aces and Eights, unlike Park, who's still presented as a comedy figure.

The match itself wasn't much, but switching the title was the right way to go. Devon hasn't defended it in some time, and I imagine Abyss actually will. He looks like he's slowed considerably in the ring, but that could just be because he's been wrestling as Joseph Park for so long now.

A short match, with the right booking and the right man going over. Abyss is credible as the TV Champion, Joseph Park would not have been. I'm interested in seeing where things go from here. *3/4

Joseph Park is a great gimmick, he really commits to it and even my non wrestling buddy found him entertaining. I think he won Gimmick of the year is very respectable newsletter. I'm waiting for that special moment when this whole Joseph Park/Abyss saga comes to a head, it's gonna be really good.

It makes me wonder if the title will be defended on TV even more now. I like Abyss as champ for now, but I'm guessing Devon and the rest of the clan are gonna be out for blood come Thursday. Hell he might want an immediate rematch.

I like this move. The title has remained pretty stagnate around Devon's wait, and like I have said many times before, the TV title is one that I would like to see mean something. I like the Joseph Park/Abyss storyline, but I think it needs to come to an end soon. This was a good way to bring Abyss back as long as he actually does something with the title. Thursday should be an interesting night as far as the TV title goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back