• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Monster Heel Overload?

newc868

Pre-Show Stalwart
With regards to the return of Kane and the supposed signalling that he's now turned heel (after his chokeslamming of John Cena), it presents a problem that I think the WWE has atm - they've got too many people attempting to be 'monster' heels.

Towards the back end of this year we've seen Mark Henry built up to be this huge monster that destroys everyone in his path - the stereotype of what a monster heel is supposed to be - and while that has settled down a bit recently with the return of the Big Show, we've been waiting and waiting and waiting for Brodus Clay to (re-)debut.

The clear problem here is, based on his look and what he's done previously working under Del Rio and on Superstars, Brodus Clay is supposed to be a monster heel. He doesn't have the look to be a likeable, loveable teddy bear. He looks like the kind of guy who was defensive tackle on the football team and who was known for breaking down his opponents. So he's made to be a monster type character.

So with Kane returning last night (and his subsequent actions) and his previous heel pushes have been along the lines of monster heel and generally being a monster in general, you would have to assume he's going to go on a similar push towards being a monster.

Now I have to ask - do you think the WWE has a problem with pushing heels as 'monsters' and generally? A problem with creative not giving us new, fresh ideas?

I know there's only so many things you can do in wrestling but atm the top heels are a monster (Mark Henry) or narcissists (Miz, Ziggler, Barrett, Del Rio, etc.)

I dont think Kane is a full fledged heel... But i guess only time will tell, because to me, he looked like he was going after Mark Henry, but Cena was just there in the wrong place and the wrong time. But yes, i see where your going, with Big Show, Mark Henry, Mason Ryan, Brodus Clay and now Kane... WWE is loaded with Monsters right now.

Brodus Clay is supposed to be a Raw guy if I'm not mistaken. Henry is a SD! guy as is Kane. But I do get where your going. We have a overload of big guys. Buy I think they're divided evenly through each show.

No, they don't have ENOUGH being monster heels. All the big heels. Every heel in the WWE currently has the coward act, for once Kane is a character that will fear no one and just tear shit up. What WWE needed for sure.

As of right now, Henry & Kane are the only two monsters currently on the main roster. And yes, Kane is going to be a heel and is going to be part of the Raw roster according to a report I read a few days ago.

Even though brand exclusivity isn't exactly iron clad anymore, there doesn't have to be any contact between Kane & Henry for a long while. Kane could feud with Cena for a while, give him something to do for a while until it's time to hook up against The Rock, because Henry's simply too valuable to put into a feud with Kane right now.

As for Brodus Clay, who knows when he's going to debut? For all I know, WWE might just future endeavor Clay sometime in the near future.

This feels like a giant clusterfuck right now. Mark Henry is still feuding with the big show, how even though he isn't a monster heel, is still kinda of a monster. Daniel Bryan is also in a feud with Henry. Kane comes back after being Injured by Henry, why the fuck would he not want revenge, isn't that really Kane's entire gimmick? And to make things worse you have the biggest draw in pro wrestling, John Cena, NOT in a match at the pay per view yet? This entire month of storylines makes almost zero sense.

And where the fuck is Clay!?!?!

Sorry but I don't see Kane as a heel. Since when did attacking Cena make you a heel? If todays crowd is anything to go by, it makes you a face...:lmao:

Joking apart, didnt The Rock attack John Cena the other week? That didn't make him a heel. Pretty sure Punk attacked Cena a few times during their fued and this didn't make him a heel either!!!

Kane needs to do alot worse than that to convince me he is a 'bad guy'.

I want Kane to simply be that Bad @$$ that will beat down anyone and everyone.

Not heel, not face.

Then we have one monster on SD (Henry), one on Raw (Clay), and then Kane.

I agree it does hurt Brodus Clay. But Raw right now needs a dominant heel. You just keep Kane and Henry on seperate brands, and their shouldn't be an issue.

Look at the current Raw heels. Miz and Ziggler are similiar characters. Del Rio is garbage, and R-Truth is suspended. Their really is no one that you feel could beat Cena or Punk. I hope they makes Kane look like a bad ass crazy monster heel.

If Punk vs Jericho doesn't come true.. I wouldn't be surprised if its Punk vs Kane at WM.

Think about this. We don't need a "heel" or a "face" monster, we just need Kane to be a monster, and even though Kane has become nothing more than big, sloppy jobber for the last 5 years (besides a few feuds), the fact is he is the only person you can put a mask on and automatically leads him to being this entirely new figure to WWE.

I went onto youtube last night and re-watched a RAW from 2003. Point is, every single segment, from the beginning to end, was filled with big named superstars. The mid-carders were La Resistance (a great tag team), Christian, Booker T, RVD, etc. Lita was the big diva. The fans were crazy. The main event was Batista vs. Goldberg. Stone Cold, Evolution, Bischoff, and HBK were there actively.

Nowadays on a 3 hour show last night, the big named guys I noticed were Kane with mask, CM Punk, and Triple H. These are the only people I can get into.

The show is lacking so much, and adding a newly designed Kane is the best possible thing. Who cares what he is, if you're above the age of 10 you judge people by how they entertain you, and the only person I was cheering for was CM Punk.

Sorry but I don't see Kane as a heel. Since when did attacking Cena make you a heel? If todays crowd is anything to go by, it makes you a face...:lmao:

Joking apart, didnt The Rock attack John Cena the other week? That didn't make him a heel. Pretty sure Punk attacked Cena a few times during their fued and this didn't make him a heel either!!!

Kane needs to do alot worse than that to convince me he is a 'bad guy'.

Honestly, IMO attacking Cena for the past few years only invokes a positive crowd reaction. Whether you are heel or monster, the crowd and IWC are going to mark out for an attack on Cena. This has happened with Orton, Edge, Barrett, etc, and now Kane. So what I am seeing is that creative has either taking a huge miss step in Kane attacking Cena for a monster-heel path or they are plainly making him a monster (no emphasis on face or heel) which I would prefer to see hime take. But I am happy to see Monsters in the ring at any point in time really, so yes please add more. :)

Honestly to me i don't think that was kane i mean he looked completely diffrent liike his eyes and in the promo he had little hair while in the show he had full hair like the undertakers that what i see i just dont believe its kane

I don't see there being a huge problem with monster heels at the moment as, apart from henry and kane being on separate brands, they are also at very different positions. Henry is the title holder and ruling Smackdown, seeing off all kinds of competition, being built up to a big title loss (most likely bryan at WM). On the other hand we have Kane, a man with a reputation for being a monster and no need for a title, so he can just walk into a feud with, say, Cena by just chokeslamming him and we can expect him to try to justify it later.

Of course the question is where brodus clay fits in with this, but I can't see why you couldn't essentially mirror the henry title reign with the us title on clay, obviously with some differences in storyline. He's not ready for a world title but that could work well, not very often a monster wins a medium title and holds it.

I really don't think Kane is all the way a heel. I think he is more of the Anti-Hero monster basically planning to destroy anyone in his way no matter who it is he doesn't care. I love the run Mark Henry has been on these past few months and I can see him still being relevant for awhile but honestly when Brodus Clay finally debuts (even though I am looking forward to it) I don't think he will receive THAT big of a push no where near the level that Mark Henry has been getting and now Kane is as well anyway.

Kane can be everything and anything he wants, he is great at getting the crowd to love or hate him. exactly what a face or heel is suppose to do. WWE put the mask back on him to sell so idea is that he will be liked in someway so I would imagine he is going to be unpredictable and destroy everything. I am a huge Kane fan. Always have been since in debut. Heres my problem, Kane seems to be getting the respect he has served over last year or so. A world title run, great fueds and finally the return with his mask he needed to reinvent his character again. However it was done terribly wrong. We now know what Kane looks like under that mask. Why would he go back to his old mysterious ways because he got his 'leg broke'! he needed to be put in a casket match and burnt or like his 'brother' the undertaker get buried alive so a masked return made sense. I love him back, I love mask on, I love the unpredictability with him atm however I have a feeling WWE will remove the mask in 2012, no shock factor and no care for the character, Please WWE dont ruin one of my 5 favs of all time
PS there is not too many monster heels, we need more henry type heels who are monster destroy win clean and look awesome rather than the cowards. havent been good monster heels since UMAGA

i don't think kane is a heel just yet..i think he is like back in the attitude era when SCSA would just go around stunning everybody, no matter if they were a heel or not. I think they wanna bring back some attitude. Personally, I find him and undertaker doing a brothers of destruction then them 2 being the last 2 in the royal rumble, kane getting rid of undertaker to win. instead of a championship match he wants to end his brothers career and the streak...find away to incorporate mick foley into this and/or paul bearer and u have a great match

As of right now, Henry & Kane are the only two monsters currently on the main roster. And yes, Kane is going to be a heel and is going to be part of the Raw roster according to a report I read a few days ago.

Even though brand exclusivity isn't exactly iron clad anymore, there doesn't have to be any contact between Kane & Henry for a long while. Kane could feud with Cena for a while, give him something to do for a while until it's time to hook up against The Rock, because Henry's simply too valuable to put into a feud with Kane right now.

As for Brodus Clay, who knows when he's going to debut? For all I know, WWE might just future endeavor Clay sometime in the near future.
he is on the raw roster i checked the webpage, im guessing they took his pic before he come out last night. but yeah the wwe was lacking guys who could wreck a champion and now the have a guy on both shows..the only problem is is that the hourglass is on the bottom side now :\

The obvious retort would be... 'but what if he isn't a heel?', or to me it would anyway.

As mentionned, the WWE isn't exactly... overloaded with heels right now but you have to remember Mark Henry is World Champion, cock of the walk, the big enchilada. He takes up a lot of room literally and figuratively in the 'monster heel' column. This doesn't leave you much room for anybody else looking to fill that quota.

You couldn't really have someone else under the monster category pushed as high as he is, it'd make both shows too similar and they'd inevitably clash, and heel/heel never works. You'd need someone else to fill a smaller position if you insisted on doing that with them. So here's the two options as I see it:

1) Kane comes in and takes over as head honcho in the monster heel department. This would mean Henry would lose steam and probably be displaced of his title whilst experiencing a significant character change in the process, probably turning face in fact. This would leave room for someone like Brodus Clay to continue a smaller monster heel push simultaneously and nobody would overshadow nobody.

2) Kane doesn't become a heel at all. Perhaps Mark Henry wins at TLC and goes on to feud with Kane, perhaps he loses and goes on to feud with him? It seems more likely to me with the head of steam Henry still has that he's going to remain top dog in the position he fills for the WWE. This still leaves room for someone like Clay and for Kane to run riot over the company for the next couple of months. I don't see it as a necessity for him to be a heel. He choke-slammed Cena, and had Henry been in the ring he'd have been choke-slammed also. He's not really concerned with alignment it would seem to me. If anything with the way they re-introduced him, it looks more like they were going for a face reaction. I mean let's face it, if they really wanted to demonstrate that he was a full-blown heel, there is far better ways to do it than by having him lay out Cena. Taking out Zach Ryder for example.

The way I see it, either Kane is going to be Mr. monster heel or Henry is, and if Henry is, Kane certainly won't be filling in some smaller heel position given the nature of how he returned. I just see the latter being the more likely option at this time.

DOES ANYBODY REMEMBER IN GM MODE ON SVR GAMES THERE WAS A NEUTRAL SEETING TO THE CHARACTER? WELL THATS EXACTLY WHAT KANE IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE. IF SOMEONE PISSES HIM OFF HE GOES AFTER THEM FOR A FIGHT. SO AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED HE CAN FIGHT CENA AND MH AT THE SAME TIME SINCE HE IS NEUTRAL. KANE CAN PRETTY MUCH BE ON ANYSIDE OF THE FIGHT AND PEOPLE WILL CHEER FOR HIM. HE'S A CHARACTER THAT NO MATTER HOW BAD THE CREATIVE TRIES TO MAKE HIM BE AND LOOK, CROWDS ARE JUST GONNA KEEP CHEERING HIM. WITH THAT KANE IS JUST A GOOD DRAW TO FIGHT ANYONE ANYTIME ANYWHERE AND ANY SIDE FOR SURE.

With regards to the return of Kane and the supposed signalling that he's now turned heel (after his chokeslamming of John Cena), it presents a problem that I think the WWE has atm - they've got too many people attempting to be 'monster' heels.

Towards the back end of this year we've seen Mark Henry built up to be this huge monster that destroys everyone in his path - the stereotype of what a monster heel is supposed to be - and while that has settled down a bit recently with the return of the Big Show, we've been waiting and waiting and waiting for Brodus Clay to (re-)debut.

The clear problem here is, based on his look and what he's done previously working under Del Rio and on Superstars, Brodus Clay is supposed to be a monster heel. He doesn't have the look to be a likeable, loveable teddy bear. He looks like the kind of guy who was defensive tackle on the football team and who was known for breaking down his opponents. So he's made to be a monster type character.

So with Kane returning last night (and his subsequent actions) and his previous heel pushes have been along the lines of monster heel and generally being a monster in general, you would have to assume he's going to go on a similar push towards being a monster.

Now I have to ask - do you think the WWE has a problem with pushing heels as 'monsters' and generally? A problem with creative not giving us new, fresh ideas?

I know there's only so many things you can do in wrestling but atm the top heels are a monster (Mark Henry) or narcissists (Miz, Ziggler, Barrett, Del Rio, etc.)

chokeslamming cena dosent make kane a heel, wwe bringed him back becuase, he is the only one who actually sells the "Monster" roll, noone else have been able to do it like him and it will never happen again.

i think hes a tweener, he dosent care if he hurts faces or heels.

Honestly to me i don't think that was kane i mean he looked completely diffrent liike his eyes and in the promo he had little hair while in the show he had full hair like the undertakers that what i see i just dont believe its kane

He was wearing a wig...

DOES ANYBODY REMEMBER IN GM MODE ON SVR GAMES THERE WAS A NEUTRAL SEETING TO THE CHARACTER? WELL THATS EXACTLY WHAT KANE IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE. IF SOMEONE PISSES HIM OFF HE GOES AFTER THEM FOR A FIGHT. SO AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED HE CAN FIGHT CENA AND MH AT THE SAME TIME SINCE HE IS NEUTRAL. KANE CAN PRETTY MUCH BE ON ANYSIDE OF THE FIGHT AND PEOPLE WILL CHEER FOR HIM. HE'S A CHARACTER THAT NO MATTER HOW BAD THE CREATIVE TRIES TO MAKE HIM BE AND LOOK, CROWDS ARE JUST GONNA KEEP CHEERING HIM. WITH THAT KANE IS JUST A GOOD DRAW TO FIGHT ANYONE ANYTIME ANYWHERE AND ANY SIDE FOR SURE.

Whoa, pal, easy on the caps lock. I got through the first line and couldn't read anymore out of fear of permanently damaging my eyes.

I don't think there is an overload of monster heels at the moment. Mark Henry has pretty much lost his monster aura, all the other big guys are smiley faces, and who gives a fuck about Brodus Clay? Nobody gave a crap about him in his original run when he was getting air time, and was involved in the Del Rio Edge program. But now that he's off air and keeps having his debut pushed back, everybody's whinging about it. Brodus Clay will debut, then after a couple of weeks the IWC will start shitting on him.

Not to mention Kane is an awesome heel. If you had to choose between which guy you'd rather have portraying a monster heel out of Clay and Kane, you'd pick Kane everytime.

I don't see there being much of an overload even if Brodus comes back, that is unless he's gone through a total change. He was boring early on and I just doubt he'll be much better when he comes back. And Mark Henry, he's a monster but he's more of a generic monster while Kane, Kane was one of the two supernatural beasts the WWE had back in the day. And if the writers can manage to bring him back to what he was during his early feuds with Taker, it can lead to some exciting matches.

But didn't he say a few months back that when he returns to the WWE that it would be his last run with the company? I have a feeling the return of the mask isn't to beat some Guiness record like the rumor reported on this site claims, I have a feeling its all about Kane heading towarded his big finale.

By the way.. the new mask kicks ass...

I don't think Kane choke slamming Cena makes him a heel. About half of the fans don't like Cena.

Hopefully Kane isn't really either (although I prefer him as a face), but more of just a dominant force that will destroy everyone. And by destroy, I don't mean a Mark Henry destroy who beats the crap out of people after the match is done. I mean destroy, go down to the ring for the match, bell rings, destroy opponent, win match, leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back