• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Money in the Bank/Summerslam Rumors

OYDK

King Of The Ring
Just came across an interesting "report" outlining some of the possible scenarios that WWE has been looking at regarding Money in the Bank and through MITB, Summerslam. First of all, the report states that the highly rumored and originally planned Rollins/Lesnar match at Summerslam has been scrapped and will most likely take place at Battleground. The alleged reason for this is that, at this time WWE just wants to get the match out of the way for one reason or another. It goes on to state they may possibly be looking to add a third participant to the World title match at Summerslam to "give Rollins a fighting chance" so to speak.

The other rumor swirling around is that WWE may be looking to "swerve the swerve" in regards to a Roman Reigns heel turn. It's possible that Dean Ambrose ends up being the one to turn on Roman (which seemed to be planned a few months ago) instead of the other way around, after Reigns inadvertently costs Ambrose the World title. The report goes on to say that this loss could possibly cause Ambrose to really "lose his mind" and take it out on Reigns setting up Roman Reigns vs Dean Ambrose for Summerslam.

It goes without saying that these are very early rumors and just one of the seemingly thousand possible scenarios from now until Summerslam, but I found it interesting. What would you think if things were to actually play out this way?

Could see it happening that way because for some reason they want to keep Roman face. But its just rumor. Lot of it depends on how MiTB goes and seeing that Reigns is favorite to win that match can see anymosity beetween him and Ambrose along a way. Even read one rumor that Kane is in the match to help Reigns so he could cash in on Rollins. Wouldnt be suprised if it even go in that way...

IF Reigns costs Ambrose the title and IF Ambrose attacks him then the chances are fans will side with Ambrose over Reigns. They need to be careful how they execute that turn considering they have handled Romans rebuild welll and he is starting to get support. Having him go against Ambrose as the face when he will have cost him the title is the wrong way to go about it in my opinion.

Yes this seems like a hot stuff in papers. Most of the reason why Roman Reigns is getting back his fans is due to the reason that he is helping his old buddy Dean Ambrose. So if Dean turns on against Roman it'll give so much heat on Dean and Goddamn pop for Roman Reigns which will make the fans to really get behind the Powerhouse at the Summerslam!

In the meantime with WWE turning Dean into a crazy heel, that'll put more responsibility on Seth Rollins to drive the heel sections but not as a cowardly heel but as a smart ingenious architect. Let him have a great match against Brock Lesnar and let Seth use all his heel tactics albeit not the cowardly help to win that match.

Here we go, slowly keep the rub between all the three members of the Shield to make up the dream Triple Threat Match at Wrestlemania 31!

Cheers!!

Just came across an interesting "report" outlining some of the possible scenarios that WWE has been looking at regarding Money in the Bank and through MITB, Summerslam. First of all, the report states that the highly rumored and originally planned Rollins/Lesnar match at Summerslam has been scrapped and will most likely take place at Battleground. The alleged reason for this is that, at this time WWE just wants to get the match out of the way for one reason or another. It goes on to state they may possibly be looking to add a third participant to the World title match at Summerslam to "give Rollins a fighting chance" so to speak.

The other rumor swirling around is that WWE may be looking to "swerve the swerve" in regards to a Roman Reigns heel turn. It's possible that Dean Ambrose ends up being the one to turn on Roman (which seemed to be planned a few months ago) instead of the other way around, after Reigns inadvertently costs Ambrose the World title. The report goes on to say that this loss could possibly cause Ambrose to really "lose his mind" and take it out on Reigns setting up Roman Reigns vs Dean Ambrose for Summerslam.

It goes without saying that these are very early rumors and just one of the seemingly thousand possible scenarios from now until Summerslam, but I found it interesting. What would you think if things were to actually play out this way?

This is the right time to start the buildup for making Seth Rollins the greatest heel in the history of WWE and the undisputed future of the company. So I wouldn't mind if the match between Brock Lesnar and Seth Rollins to take place more earlier than we would've expected.

But I wonder what plans WWE have for Brock Lesnar once his feud with Seth Rollins is over?

I can't think of a third participant that could be in a world title match at Summerslam besides Reigns.

I couldn't see Reigns turning heel. They got to get Ambrose out of the way somehow, he's still more popular than Reigns and they can't keep giving title shots and him not winning them.

I think that Lesnar goes to Rusev next after Rollins and then his WM feud will be Kevin Owens.

Owens is in the fast lane and Lesnar at Mania seems legit.

As for Ambrose/Reigns, logic says one will turn on the other. Reigns will likely get involved somehow and cost Ambrose the match or do something Ambrose can turn around and not take accountability for losing. Trash the fans, join The Authority saying that clearly its worked for Rollins so why not him too.

Yes this seems like a hot stuff in papers. Most of the reason why Roman Reigns is getting back his fans is due to the reason that he is helping his old buddy Dean Ambrose. So if Dean turns on against Roman it'll give so much heat on Dean and Goddamn pop for Roman Reigns which will make the fans to really get behind the Powerhouse at the Summerslam!

Ambrose is far more popular than Reigns is. And as you say a lot of the fans goodwill towards Reigns right now is because he's helping Ambrose out. If he were to somehow screw over Ambrose for the title, and Ambrose were to turn heel, I think the fans would go right along with Ambrose. Fans don't necessarily cheer the faces, they cheer who they like best, and they've been waiting for Ambrose to get a shot for a long time. If Reigns fucks it up, then he'll get the heat not the other way around.

Like another poster said, they have to be careful how they do this, as all the support Reigns has managed to build up since Mania, could be wiped away in no time.

As for Ambrose/Reigns, logic says one will turn on the other. Reigns will likely get involved somehow and cost Ambrose the match or do something Ambrose can turn around and not take accountability for losing. Trash the fans, join The Authority saying that clearly its worked for Rollins so why not him too.

If Ambrose turns, he won't join the Authority. He's been anti-Authority for over a year now, it's not logical. He'll become a lone wolf, taking out whoever he wants to get to what he wants. Ambrose isn't the kind of guy who plays well with others.

There is not one blue chance in hell that the fans will side with Reigns or even ALLOW Ambrose to turn heel if that's the route they go. So hopefully the reports are bogus bc it will just be another Royal Rumble-esq mess.

Ambrose is far more popular than Reigns is. And as you say a lot of the fans goodwill towards Reigns right now is because he's helping Ambrose out. If he were to somehow screw over Ambrose for the title, and Ambrose were to turn heel, I think the fans would go right along with Ambrose. Fans don't necessarily cheer the faces, they cheer who they like best, and they've been waiting for Ambrose to get a shot for a long time. If Reigns fucks it up, then he'll get the heat not the other way around.

I can kind of agree with this. But I think you're disregarding Ambrose's work as a heel, to some degree. I believe he's good enough to get himself over as a top heel AND get Roman over as a face through some of his antics. I don't necessarily know if the fans are cheering Reigns because of his alignment with Ambrose or if they are legitimately warming up to him, but if it's the latter than a heel Ambrose would elevate both sides. For me personally, I'm warming up to Reigns because I think he's consistently improving. For the first time in a long time, I can see Reigns as a top, top guy in the future. Like you said though, if this were to happen, it's ultimately up to Reigns to get himself over and he needs to do it well for this to work.

Reigns will win Money in the Bank. There will be a triple threat between Brock, Ambrose, and Rollins. Ambrose will win and somehow get his ass beat down after the match. Then comes Roman Reigns cashing in on Dean Ambrose.

From there you have the field between Reigns and Ambrose....all while Rollins claims that he wants his rematch. Eventually you will have your Shield triple threat match. This should take us to about Survivor Series.

I can kind of agree with this. But I think you're disregarding Ambrose's work as a heel, to some degree. I believe he's good enough to get himself over as a top heel AND get Roman over as a face through some of his antics. I don't necessarily know if the fans are cheering Reigns because of his alignment with Ambrose or if they are legitimately warming up to him, but if it's the latter than a heel Ambrose would elevate both sides. For me personally, I'm warming up to Reigns because I think he's consistently improving. For the first time in a long time, I can see Reigns as a top, top guy in the future. Like you said though, if this were to happen, it's ultimately up to Reigns to get himself over and he needs to do it well for this to work.

I'm not a all disregarding his work as a heel. I've seen him as Jon Moxley and he can out heel anyone any day of the week. There is no doubt Reigns is improving, but his alignment with Ambrose has helped a long way in that regard. I still believe though that heel or face Ambrose will be cheered, just like they did Orton before his recent face turn.

Let's face it, since the Shield break up, Rollins and Reigns have had the most help to get them over with the crowd. Ambrose hasn't had any help in getting himself over. It's pure talent and knowing how to work his character that's got him there. He could just have as easily slipped into the background, but the fans didn't let that happen, they turned on Reigns instead. And their continued support of Ambrose is one of the reasons he's stayed in the forefront. Not the only reason, but the WWE would be morons if they didn't see it. They have seen it and now he's getting pushed.

Reigns will always do well, but he needs to be helped to get there, and if the WWE is screwing Ambrose over just to help Reigns, then we'll see another backlash like we did at the Rumble.

I'm sure it's not lost on anyone that all these possible swerves involve former members of the Shield.....and it's terrific to see how vital they've become to WWE and it's fans.

That said, it seems perfectly natural that their individual development has involved their former teammates; the company has used the residual good and bad feelings among the three to cast storylines that advance all of them.

Remember, the original breakup of Shield involved turning Reigns and Ambrose face while leaving Rollins as the sole heel. Despite all the developments we've seen since then, the alignment remains the same......so, WWE being WWE, we're talking about how it's bound to change sooner or later, which keeps us guessing.

It's going to be an interesting Summer as all these things take shape.... and as they happen, it will give many fans a chance to say they knew it all along......after the change occurs. ;)

As for Brock Lesnar, I don't know why they might be changing his impending match with Seth Rollins. I suppose it has to do with whether Brock is to return as heel or face.....there's obviously a huge difference in how the contenders around him line up.

I think there will be some type of swerve where the sheild actually reunited after owens becomes their main man in the authority. Don't know how soon though

If Brock vs Seth is scheduled for any night, then you'd assume Brock would win. But why not have it on the second biggest pay per view of the year? Why do it on Battleground? Unless the Authority has an ulterior motive and plans on getting Seth/Brock DQ'd.

Seth could take on Lesnar, but after watching Brock kick Reign's ass at Wrestlemania, there's no way in hell Seth can win (unfortunately).

I don't want either Dean or Roman to turn heel. But, if I had to choose, I'd say Dean because he'd probably do some pretty sadistic shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back