Money In the Bank should change....

Strife3

Pre-Show Stalwart
Here me out.

The idea of the money in the bank contract is a good idea, it allows people who might not get a shot to get one. WWE should make a change to it but make it a good one. As we have it right now we only have a Case for the World HeavyWeight Championship Match.

WWE should add 4 more Ladder matches:

1: Intercontinal Title
2: US Title
3: World Tag Team Champions
4: Womans Championship

Even if they were to add one it would be cool IMO.

It would allow the titles except the WWE world championship to not have to be defended.

Your idea would be briefcase overkill. It was bad enough when there were two briefcases running around during the original brand-split. And TNA does this exact thing now with Feast or Fired to mixed results at best.

Not to mention that if each ladder match featured at least 5 men, WWE wouldn't have the star power to support each match. And considering that some MITB winners carry their contracts around for months before cashing in, briefcases would almost have a constant presence. By the time all the cases have been cashed, the next MITB show would likely be on the horizon.

Just a bad idea all around. You can indeed have too much of a good thing.

Someone seems to get hurt and miss time after every multiman ladder match. Having more than one would deplete the roster(s).

Furthermore, those matches are built on "Holy Shit!" spots. How do you up the ante four times in a night?

I think the match needs to go back to Wrestlemania and not be the feature of a PPV. Mania is going to have a 32 man ladder match for the IC title every year anyway, why not build an actual feud around the IC belt and put MitB back at Mania? Seth Rollins running in with his case during Brock/Reigns was epic., Imagine if he had won the case earlier in the night. It would have put him over forever. I know it didn't work like that for Kane, per se, but completely different story with Rollins.

As they said ^, that'd be overkill... one MITB ladder match, maybe the occasional ladder match for a vacated title but you'd end up with briefcase apathy and then nobody would care.

Moving MITB back to Mania tho... yes, I'm all over that like a fat kid with a cake.

In simple words, it would be TOO MUCH.

Having so many MITB-esque matches at once would ruin all the credibilty original MITB possesses.

If you have a bunch of such same matches, it would surely get boring and stale due to repetitivity of same matches.

I am all okay for MITB for Women's Title. But that's it. Atmost 2 MITB matches are viable each for the ultimate title for both genders.

Gee whiz, I think one money in the bank match is too much unless we get a second world belt.
Think of the last 6 world champions
Reigns
hhh
reigns
sheamus
reigns
rollins
2 of the last 6 were mitb cash ins and orton was another cash in not long before it. If every 2nd or 3rd reign is cash in what does that say about the state of the title. The world title should be won in important competitive matches instead of 2min sneak attacks a lot of the time. I think money in the bank should only happen every 2,3 or even 4 years to make it an ultra important opportunity for wrestlers that they may not get again for a while and so that cash ins become much less frequent.
In saying that I know that there is no chance of this happening but thats just my opinion.

Having an MITB briefcase for every title on the roster waters down the concept far too much in my opinion. I would like to see some sort of gimmick, even if it's something as simple as a tournament on an annual basis, for one or two of the other titles but watering down the MITB concept won't help things.

It will kill the credibility of the MITB. When WWE introduced separate briefcases for the WWE and World Heavy weight title respectively, it already watered down it a little. Seth Rollins had brought some prestige back to the MITB by cashing in at Wrestlemania. I wouldn't, honestly, no one would want multiple MITB anymore.

You're far from the first person to suggest this. I'll say what I say every time. It waters down the concept even further than it's already been.

The cash ins would become less special. They've already been damaged by years of trash briefcase carriers (Sandow, Sheamus, Swagger, etc) who go on to have forgettable and irrelevant title runs.

The only division they should consider it in is the women's, but that's after a year of rebuilding the division and focusing on consistent multiple storylines (at least one in addition to the title).

The MITB concept is already watered down, weak, and predictable. Don't dilute it even further.

I actually think MITB needs to stop already. I mean sure we had a cool moment at WM31 and who could forget Edge's cash in but I think the MITB concept and gimmick has run it's course.

At this point i'd rather see MITB be replaced with the KOTR. If they can do KOTR as a PPV again I think, with all the new talent they have, we could see some exciting tournaments. Plus the KOTR, while giving someone a big push, does put the pressure of someone having to win the Championship.

It is a little bit too much, I don't think there are enough wrestlers on the roster. I do think that doing it for the ladies would be cool and maybe another World title when they start the brand split.

With the Brand-Split coming back there should be 1 MITB match, a Women's MITB briefcase and to prevent repetitiveness bring back the KING OF THE RING Tournament. This way if a Smackdown superstar wins the briefcase a Raw superstar can win the KOTR Tournament. However, don't go down the KING BOOKER/BARRETT/SHeamus route. The winner of the KOTR tournament a la the NEW GENERATION gets a definitive title shot at SummerSLam. This will help bridge the gap between a MITB cash-in and provide a fresh rivalry like the KOTR was originally known for. Remember Bret defending against Owen in a Steel Cage?

Even though they won't do it, I would rather them use the Million Dollar Championship (or a remade version) as the prize rather than a brief case. It's a dollar sign belt for crying out loud. I know a briefcase does more damage (Rollins case was beat to holy hell well before the time he cashed in at WrestleMania) but to take from Ted DiBiasie 'everyone has a price' and it'd be better aesthetically than a beat to shit empty suitcase.

Can anyone else figure out why they've decided to waste Reigns v Rollins AND Styles v Cena on a B-rated PPV?

With SS around the corner, surely these are matches worthy of saving for a bigger PPV. Amazed they haven't managed to squeeze in Zahn v Owens singles match in to literally shoot through all their content before they even get to to SS.

Can anyone else figure out why they've decided to waste Reigns v Rollins AND Styles v Cena on a B-rated PPV?

With SS around the corner, surely these are matches worthy of saving for a bigger PPV. Amazed they haven't managed to squeeze in Zahn v Owens singles match in to literally shoot through all their content before they even get to to SS.

I'm sure we'll get the rubber matches at SummerSlam.

It would work more if the Briefcase opened the door for them to challenge for any title within their eligibility. Like maybe someone could cash in on the IC Champion... I know people might have the mindset of "Why would they do that when they can go for the world title instead?" and to be honest, why wouldn't you go for a different title? The IC title is defended quite frequently, and the IC Champion has a far less likelihood of being 100% when he's always on the card. Aside from The Miz, when hasn't the IC Champion not appeared on a Raw AND a Smackdown? In other words, he's already worn out. Why not cash in and get the easy title reign?

yeah.. briefcase overkill. I am already sick of seeing them week after week coming down saying the same ol bragging lines.. and never cashing in.

It would work more if the Briefcase opened the door for them to challenge for any title within their eligibility. Like maybe someone could cash in on the IC Champion... I know people might have the mindset of "Why would they do that when they can go for the world title instead?" and to be honest, why wouldn't you go for a different title? The IC title is defended quite frequently, and the IC Champion has a far less likelihood of being 100% when he's always on the card. Aside from The Miz, when hasn't the IC Champion not appeared on a Raw AND a Smackdown? In other words, he's already worn out. Why not cash in and get the easy title reign?

Why would you go for the IC Title when you be WWE Champion? That just doesn't make any sense at all.

I personally would like to see MITB replaced with KOTR because it gives you more flexibility with match making. You have four qualifiers from RAW and four from SD , that's eight wrestlers with the winner having to win three matches in one night to become KOTR (yes I do think that all three rounds on the night of the PPV as it gives the winner more to boast about leading into his next feud). Also , to add a new twist to the tourney you can have the eight men who qualify seeded by how long the qualifier match took a la Beat the Clock, then you could have RAW and SD stars facing each other in every round. This leaves you with the ability to move the MITB Ladder match to WrestleMainia where it can serve as one of the "Huge Spot" matches on the card and replace Undetakers spot on the PPV. Just don't force the "King" gimmick on every one that wins the tournament, while it could possibly work for a few I don't want to see Cesaro, Corbin, Zayn, etc. forced to adopt the "King Booker" gimmick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back