MNW Question: Why Didnt Vince Force WCW's Main Guys To Work For WWE?

SickJames

Championship Contender
I just had a quick question that anyone can respond to.

Everyone always talks about how much better it wouldve been if Sting, Goldberg, nWo and DDP among others had come in instantaneously with the others from the jump when WCW was bought out by WWF during the Monday Night Wars.

I remember hearing that they didnt want to come over in fear of how they'd be used (specifically Sting)

My question is: How is it that the big main event level WCW guys werent just forced on Raw against their will or penalized, being that if Vince bought WCW, they'd then be under contract to them, as I'm sure all the contracts didnt suddenly expire the night he bought WCW?

I never thought of this until now. Am I wrong that this couldve happened? Was this not optional for Vince? I remember him talking about people being gone that night as if he were letting them go jobless, but I couldnt see him not wanting to bring in the big fish for money reasons. Or was it a thing where once WCW was bought out the contracts didnt mean anything anymore because Vince didnt keep it around?

Just a thought it was, that's all. Feel free to discuss on it.

I just dont get, after thinking about the whole contract thing, why Vince wouldnt have the talent locked to work for him in WWE, under their WCW contracts since he owned it, and they couldve even switched it over so the remainder of their WCW contract was on an official WWF contract.

Side Note to Mods: If this isnt the right section please move it, but I figure it has to be because I cant quite call The Monday Night Wars old school section material, so it has to be general wrestling. It wasnt long enough ago to be old school section material to me.

Because guys like Goldberg and Sting were signed to Time Warner rather then WCW. Time Warner was still paying them even after WCW shutdown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back