Mmmm...the debate I just had.

And the vibrations produce a sound.

That's slightly debatable, because one of the qualifications of "sound" is that its vibrations are loud enough for the ear to actually pick them up and process them, but I'm not qualified to technojarble it

Although technically then the argument would turn into "If a tree fell in the forest and only a deaf person was there, would it make a sound" because they'd still feel it happen

was this here on wrestlezone, or someone you talked to in person ricky? She sounds like an alt of wwefan_100 in alot of ways......and thats not a compliment.

Nah, this person was actually too intelligent to be WWE FAN_100. The part that struck me the most is when you talked about having not seen God, but don't need to see Him to believe his existance. Its the same argument with the wind, and its effects. None of us have ever actually SEEN the wind, but we see its effects all the time. Its the same argument one can use to argue the existance of God, both in terms of experiencing his "presence", or ackowledging him as creator of the earth. Those people haven't seen God, but they've "felt" his presence, far before they could form a rational thought about him. Feelings are the essence upon which we form rational thinking, which leads to actions. Typically. You handled yourself quite well there for someone who was being attacked by "Her" personally every 4th sentence.

That's slightly debatable, because one of the qualifications of "sound" is that its vibrations are loud enough for the ear to actually pick them up and process them, but I'm not qualified to technojarble it

Although technically then the argument would turn into "If a tree fell in the forest and only a deaf person was there, would it make a sound" because they'd still feel it happen

That's true, there can be vibrations with wavelengths that take so long to complete that they produce sounds that the human ear cannot hear, but a tree falling would not produce such wavelengths so it's a moot point. Ten times out of 10 when a tree falls you are able to hear it; you not being there to hear it doesn't mean the laws of the universe no longer apply.

That's true, there can be vibrations with wavelengths that take so long to complete that they produce sounds that the human ear cannot hear, but a tree falling would not produce such wavelengths so it's a moot point. Ten times out of 10 when a tree falls you are able to hear it; you not being there to hear it doesn't mean the laws of the universe no longer apply.

So if no living being had ears, would sound exist?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back