• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mizdow Wrestlemania moment?

HurriKane

Occasional Pre-Show
Ok we're getting close to Wrestlemania season and soon we will be seeing where everything falls in place with wrestlers like John Cena, Roman Reigns, Sting, Triple H and such.

But there is one wrestler every week that is constantly getting a great reaction from the crowd and that is Mizdow.

Now I was hoping that The Miz would keep the Intercontential Championship until Mizdow beat him for it, but now that they are both tag team champions I wonder if WWE will have Miz keep taking all the credit, until Mizdow gets sick of him.

Well I was wondering is Mizdow turning on The Miz a big enough moment to occur at Wrestlemania? I believe if he did turn on Miz, the reaction would be even greater than win Alex Riley turned on The Miz a few years ago.

The only thing I'm worried about is how would WWE use Mizdow after a split, since this duo is just way perfect in my opinion. So if WWE doesn't split the two at Wrestlemania and have them stick together for a while longer I don't mind, I just think the pop Mizdow would get turning on The Miz would be huge.

Thoughts?

If they had waited a little longer to tease this split then I could see it happen at WrestleMania. As it stands I see Mizdow "accidentally"eliminating Miz to complete the split, and them having a match at the February PPV. Very few people have a "WrestleMania moment" so I don't see it happening for Mizdow.

I hope for a Wrestlemania moment. Maybe if they bring back the Andre the Giant Battle Royal or something. It was cool when Cesaro won it and actually felt like a big deal. Maybe Mizdow can do it too.

I'm enjoying Sandow but doubt the company has a direction for him in this program with Miz that would extend all the way to WM31. He's surely getting a better reaction than they thought he would, yet comedy jobbers are in an unenviable spot; the only way to build their fan following within the confines of their gimmick is to keep acting as a stooge...... yet, if they're too successful at that aspect, how do they ever break out of it?

Some folks on this forum have said Santino Marella was getting terrific reactions, but how was that ever going to translate to success at anything other than what he was already doing....acting the fool?

I had foolishly hoped Drew McIntyre would break out of his comedy persona and become the star I had always hoped he'd be.....but realize now how it was never going to happen.

Now, there's Sandow. His "Intellectual Savior" bit was more serious in nature than the asinine "Mizdow" schtick, yet I can't think of a comedian that ever became a serious threat. Once a clown, always a clown.

If the transition can somehow be made, it would be great to see Sandow do it. Perhaps the key is Miz; if he can make people hate him enough, based on his actions with Mizdow, maybe Damien can bust out and become his own man, forging a new, non-comedy persona for himself. No, it's kind of hard to see this as something worth giving Wrestlemania exposure, but in the name of all the ill-fated Santinos, McIntyres, Mahals, Charlie Haas & others who preceded them, it would be great to see Damien Sandow break through the "pie in the face" curtain and become a serious star.

I agree with a lot of the posts on this thread. If they are gonna break him away from the Mizdow persona, then the timing needs to be right. Can't have a guy who's comedic-relief get overplayed to the point that he'll never fully be taken seriously. And the fact is, is that he's getting over with the fans because of this role. In the event that he does part ways with The Miz, will he still have the same standing with the audience? I'm sure the fans would like to see it, but after a while I just see him slipping back to where he was beforehand.

I'm kind of afraid he'll get the Alex Riley treatment if he does break away from Miz. Sure, he was hot when he broke away, but what happened after that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back