• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Miz/Morrison = The Next Big Feud

cmedge

The Abdi
When people think of good feuds they may think of Stone Cold Steve Austin/Rock or HBK/Bret but let's look at what we have in the horizon....

I'm not saying that this will be as big as both those feuds, it would be very very hard for that but I think it has the potential to be a great feud.

While I understand that JoMo isn't currently in the WWE, I have a feeling he will some how find his way back to World Wrestling Entertainment.

They have a History...

The Miz and John Morrison were both apart of one of the best tag teams in recent history. They brought out the best in each other seriously. Both men improved ALOT while teaming together.

Everybody loved this tag team back in 2007-2009, they were an excellent duo.

Then The Miz turned on Morrison and both achieved success for the rest of 2009 with Miz being the US Champ while Morrison was the IC Champ and they had an interesting feud to say the least.

They had quite a few good promos against eachother and decent matches.

The Miz came up on top and then both stars were progressing far with The Miz becoming the WWE Champion while at one point Morrison was the number one contender.

Chemistry

There's no doubt that together have chemistry. They have good matches and promos together while teaming and against eachother as well.

John Morrison brought the best out of The Miz and Miz brought the best out of Morrison.

I think that one day these two will be the top guys with Miz being the heel and JoMo being the face. They both will be improved (Miz in ring and JoMo on the mic).

They had a great feud during the midcard peak of both these fine young men's careers and a great match for the WWE Title. It was quite possibly the best Raw match since Shelton/HBK in 05.

So what do you think? Can you see this match main eventing a Wrestlemania? Can this feud be as competitive as Rocky/HHH was throughout both men's careers?

Until JoMo has actually returned this is a bit preemptive, but I'm on the same page. I actually think the time away from WWE is a good thing for Morrison. That's less time jobbing out to guys he should be booked over, looking like "The Jannetty". This hiatus provides him time to improve in the areas he needs to improve without the learning curve counting against him on live tv. The one time "Next HBK" has certainly fallen off of that hallowed pedestal in the eyes of many, but this reader/writer/and fan believes that Morrison could still be the next big ticket in the WWE.

Looking back at the way the roads split for Miz and Morrison, the WWE has to look back and think they made a mistake going with The Miz. "I'm Awesome" accompanied by cheap heat worked for a little while, but the novelty has worn off and all we are left with is a guy with one catchphrase that isn't very special to watch in the ring. It's been widely reported that the WWE has been down on The Miz for some time now, and we've seen the reality of this play out on T.V. as The Miz has been desperately trying to earn himself a spot on the WrestleMania card to no avail. Morrison may not have been much of a talker, but THAT man was always a pleasure to watch, and he could surprise you with his ability on any given night.

It feels like only a matter of time until JoMo finds his way back. But, he's still paying for his past transgressions as he should. You don't cop an attitude with the likes of Bitch Stratus, Diva Royalty, even if you think she took your girlfriends WrestleMania spot. The further away from Melina John Morrison gets, the more imminent his WWE return gets as well. We all know that Vince and a lot of the boys in the back don't think Morrison is "a real man" or that he has any spine. Maybe, telling Melina to hit the bricks is just the thing to show his WWE critics that they were wrong about him.

If and when JoMo returns, it seems that a feud with The Miz is almost a pre-ordered, pre-tailored feud waiting to happen. The OP is exactly right that these two have the chemistry in all areas to make for a very good feud that could see both of them coming out better for it. Good friends, Better enemies is always a seller, people can never get enough of seeing two former friends turned enemies go to war in a battle of supremacy. We can't yet call this a reality or say for sure that it ever will be, but one thing is for sure; if and when it happens the WWE and the WWE Universe will have to stand up and take notice that they have something special with these two Superstars who seem to go together like peanut butter and jelly. It seems like a recipe that can not fail.

I've seen lots of Miz vs. Morrison matches in the past. Most of them have been pretty good and a few have been downright great with Miz almost always scoring the win. If this feud happened, the only way I'd find it all that interesting is if John Morrison actually developed a personality.

Morrison has always been entertaining to watch in the ring. He's highly athletic and his parkour training has provided some definite highlight reel moments. But the man has no personality to speak of and watching the man try to cut promos is painful because he just flat out sucks at it.

That distinct lack of ability to really make a solidified connection has always been what's held JoMo back. It's not as if he hasn't been put in matches where he's been able to shine. It's not as if he hasn't been put into some meaningful programs either. The man just has an unmistakable lack of charisma and that can be the single greatest hindurance a pro wrestler can have in this day and age, in any major company, to him becoming a truly major player.

A wrestler can be told to work on his in-ring abilities and the VAST majority can improve. A wrestler can lose weight and get himself into better shape if he watches his diet and puts in the time at the gym. But charisma...that's something that's almost impossible to teach. Some people have it and some don't.

John Morrison vs the miz main eventing WM!?!? Do you hear what you're saying?? It wouldn't work not in 1000 years. They have had great matches to say the least but neither Morrison nor miz will ever be at the level that the rock and HHH/HBK and Bret/Stone Cold Steve Austin were, not in this lifetime. They are great performers and yes i agree them being in a WM match while they are feuding is foreseeable (assuming of course that Morrison returns to the WWE and has a good push, and that miz get's a good push as well for that matter).

You know what I'm wrong never say never, but for one thing Jomo needs to develop his character a helluva lot more, need to improve his mic skills 10 fold, and Miz needs to start trying again. This match could be the main event if it was for the WWE title (and of course i hope Morrison comes out on top should such a match ever pop up) and yeah basically if the WWE saw fit to push these guys both to main event status.

Miz is done... if he is in WWE by Summerslam I will be disappointed when they have release better for less... They tried to pop the "reality star" when what they should have done was push JoMo, the true reality star of Tough Enough once Matt Capotelli was ill (That guy would have been where Cena is today...)

Hennigan has a chip on his shoulder... he is probably working with Vince a bit on a return... but Miz would be off the mark unless it was the loss that put him out the company... IF JoMo is gonna come back, it'll be top draw from the first moment ala Lex Luger/Yoko...

I was hoping that they would have kept the last member of Team Teddy a mystery until WM and after they introduced all the members of both teams, you would hear the guitar rift an Jomo would have been the last member of Team Teddy

Saw JoMo's Taker/HHH parody vid, not sure how well that will go down as relates to him even returning to WWE let alone working any big main events, unless the vid was a work and part of his comeback angle.

John Morrison vs the miz main eventing WM!?!? Do you hear what you're saying?? It wouldn't work not in 1000 years. They have had great matches to say the least but neither Morrison nor miz will ever be at the level that the rock and HHH/HBK and Bret/Stone Cold Steve Austin were, not in this lifetime. They are great performers and yes i agree them being in a WM match while they are feuding is foreseeable (assuming of course that Morrison returns to the WWE and has a good push, and that miz get's a good push as well for that matter).

You know what I'm wrong never say never, but for one thing Jomo needs to develop his character a helluva lot more, need to improve his mic skills 10 fold, and Miz needs to start trying again. This match could be the main event if it was for the WWE title (and of course i hope Morrison comes out on top should such a match ever pop up) and yeah basically if the WWE saw fit to push these guys both to main event status.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I actually thought that they should have done a Miz-Morrison match at WM 27 last year. Now, before you say that I lost my facilities, I would have had it that Miz v Morrison would have been for the WWE Title, and be further up the card. It wouldn't main-event 'Mania, because, what I wanted to see was Miz fight Morrison, and then have Cena v the Rock LAST YEAR at WM27, and maybe have Cena -Rock II next week at WM28.

Doing this would have lead to two great matches at WM 27, rather than one boring match between Cena and Miz, which is what ended up happening.

What would you have prefered at WM27 last year- Miz v Cena, or Miz v Morrison, and Cena v The Rock I?

Until JoMo has actually returned this is a bit preemptive, but I'm on the same page. I actually think the time away from WWE is a good thing for Morrison. That's less time jobbing out to guys he should be booked over, looking like "The Jannetty". This hiatus provides him time to improve in the areas he needs to improve without the learning curve counting against him on live tv. The one time "Next HBK" has certainly fallen off of that hallowed pedestal in the eyes of many, but this reader/writer/and fan believes that Morrison could still be the next big ticket in the WWE.

Looking back at the way the roads split for Miz and Morrison, the WWE has to look back and think they made a mistake going with The Miz. "I'm Awesome" accompanied by cheap heat worked for a little while, but the novelty has worn off and all we are left with is a guy with one catchphrase that isn't very special to watch in the ring. It's been widely reported that the WWE has been down on The Miz for some time now, and we've seen the reality of this play out on T.V. as The Miz has been desperately trying to earn himself a spot on the WrestleMania card to no avail. Morrison may not have been much of a talker, but THAT man was always a pleasure to watch, and he could surprise you with his ability on any given night.

It feels like only a matter of time until JoMo finds his way back. But, he's still paying for his past transgressions as he should. You don't cop an attitude with the likes of Bitch Stratus, Diva Royalty, even if you think she took your girlfriends WrestleMania spot. The further away from Melina John Morrison gets, the more imminent his WWE return gets as well. We all know that Vince and a lot of the boys in the back don't think Morrison is "a real man" or that he has any spine. Maybe, telling Melina to hit the bricks is just the thing to show his WWE critics that they were wrong about him.

If and when JoMo returns, it seems that a feud with The Miz is almost a pre-ordered, pre-tailored feud waiting to happen. The OP is exactly right that these two have the chemistry in all areas to make for a very good feud that could see both of them coming out better for it. Good friends, Better enemies is always a seller, people can never get enough of seeing two former friends turned enemies go to war in a battle of supremacy. We can't yet call this a reality or say for sure that it ever will be, but one thing is for sure; if and when it happens the WWE and the WWE Universe will have to stand up and take notice that they have something special with these two Superstars who seem to go together like peanut butter and jelly. It seems like a recipe that can not fail.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firstly, about being called the next "HBK". WWE should have pushed this along by having him have feuded with HBK. Shawn Michaels v John Morrison would have been awesome.

I feel that the reason that many fans don't like Morrison is because of the "next HBK" tag. Like Jeff Hardy (who also had it), the fans want to see Morrison fail, because, to them, there is no "next HBK". They only want one Shawn Michaels, and claim that no-one will ever exceed that.

It is another example of fans not being able to move on from the old in order to embrace the new. Today's fan doesn't want to move on from HBK, so to have an "heir apparent" to the role is sacrilige to people who just can't move on from the "Attitude Era".

Also, about WWE wanting Morrison to dump Melina. Maybe Vince should mind his own business. McMahon is not the most faithful person when it comes to relationships himself, so he needs to overlook that and focus on business. Who cares if Melina dissed Trish? Trish was suppoused to be retired anyway, off having babies. If I was Melina, I would be glad not to have been in that shambles of a match with Snooki.

Also, other people out the back can't talk about Morrison's relationships either. I bet Undertaker would stick his oar in, being the "locker-room leader" and all, but didn't he dump his wife for a co-worker, so if others are going to go down the track of dissing someone's partner, they need to not be too self-righteous.

John Morrison is awful. Average worker, terrible gimmick. If he ever did return (Which after watching that rap wont be for a very long time) he needs a new gimmick. Who in their right mind would pay to see John Morrison headline Mania against The Miz?

I'd rather watch Rodney Mack Vs Howard Finkel in a loser gets teabagged match.

good idea unfortunately for the most part Jomo was on the losing end and made to look inadequate, so no it's not even in the same league as past great rivalries.

Rock vs Austin was tit for tat.
Bret Hart vs Austin - same it wasn't one sided

as for them as a tag team, yes they were a good team and gelled well but like The Rockers the ending was anti climactic and 1 person shot to the moon and the other eventually dropped off the face of the WWE map the difference is the roles were reversed.

Really Miz was the Marty Janetty of the team Jomo had everything going for him he just never grew.

I'm sick of people trashing JoMo. He's put on good matches consistently and he's not bad on the mic. Seriously, what does he do that's so bad? Granted, he's not over-the-top like The Rock, but I've preferred his promos over John Cena's lame-ass Vanilla Ice promos.

The Miz on the other hand, can't wrestle to save his life. People on here were saying that "he's been getting better." Which might be true, but you don't throw the world title on somebody who is just "getting better." His promos are repetitive and ******ed and his cheap heat from his whole "I'm AWEEEESOMMMEEE" gimmick wore off fast. He's a failed heel because people are more likely to change the channel when he appears than they are to buy a PPV because he's on the card.

No.

Not because "Miz sucks" not because "Morrison burned his bridges"

Because Morrison....sucks. FLIPZ AND MOVEZ, no storytelling, no character ability whatsoever, no storytelling ability, can't sell a damn thing.

You have to have 2 really talented guys for that kind of feud. In this you only have one. Miz can carry a character, can tell a story, sells well, and is good enough in the ring. Morrison does flips, whooo hoooo, haven't seen that one before. You could literally put CIMA, Riccochet, Pac, really anyone from Dragon Gate or any other flippity dippity indy guy in there instead of Morrison and it'd be the same. Hell, get Austin Aries, at least he can pull of (a very easy, overdone, but IWC favorite) character.

Morrison never got better. He just added more flips. It was like "cool dude, we know you're athletic, what else?" and he NEVER got better on the mic and NEVER got better at carrying a character. He always hid behind sunglasses and coats and a 6 pack. No one really believed his character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back