• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Miz Face Turn?

TheHeartbreakPunk

HBK for life
With miz on a recent losing streak, do you think this could be a leadup to a face turn for miz? And if so, how do you think he will be used?

I think that he will turn face, and he will also join longs team at wrestlemania. Johnny will send henry and otunga to attack one of the jobbers on their team, and when johnny says i geuss you should just forfeit, we hear, AAWWWWEEEESSSOOOOOOOMMMEEE!!! out comes the miz, and without a word, fights with teddys team. It would come down to a three on one situation with miz losing, but that sets up a rivalry between mix and one of the heels

I think he will probably join Long's team next week and then somehow betray them and cost them the match. It would be a great way to regain some heat and put his recent slump behind him, it would really make him relevant as a heel again and help propel him back to the main event.

I can see a Miz face turn on the Horizon. Who knows, maybe we'll see Awesome Truth as a face team in the near future. I don't think he'll turn at mania though, possibly just before or just after

Honestly, I thought they missed the boat when they decided to turn Riley face instead of Miz when they were feuding. Miz hasn't really done much since then other than essentially rehash old Miz storylines with him turning on tag team partners (R-Truth) since that feud.

Miz is at the point in his career where he either has to completely reinvent himself as a heel (IMO, the only person on the current roster more stale than Miz is Cena), turn face (which would be a different role for him after being a heel for so long, but I think he has enough charisma on the mic to pull it off), or wallow away in midcard mediocrity (aka, what he has been doing).

the miz will not, and I repeat WILL NOT turn face. Jesus fucking christ, this is just like all you people swearing up and down that John Cena WILL turn Heel, did he? no! so what makes you think that the miz will turn face?

the miz will not, and I repeat WILL NOT turn face. Jesus fucking christ, this is just like all you people swearing up and down that John Cena WILL turn Heel, did he? no! so what makes you think that the miz will turn face?

Maybe because the Miz as a heel is boring but him as a cocky face like the Rock could be interesting? Besides it's just someone's a opinion just like it's your opinion that he won't turn face.

It is possible Miz may turn face, but the very fact that it's becoming more expected now makes me think it won't happen.

I could definitely see something happening similar to what AwesomeRko said, Miz teases at a face turn but in the end remains heel, perhaps by costing Long's team a victory, perhaps by some other interference.

I wouldn't mind seeing Miz as a face, I guess, if it were to really happen. Actually, I wouldn't really care either way at the moment. I personally haven't had a lot of interest in Miz lately, just my opinion. But a legitimate face turn may be a little interesting, I too think he has adequate charisma to pull it off well.

I mentioned a Miz faceturn in another thread in the last week or so and think that it makes alot of sense.

If WWE thinks he is a legit top of the card guy. A guy they would be willing to let carry the belt for another six months ... then I think they are going to test his money-making parameters as a babyface.

It would be fairly easy to turn him face through all of this desperation to go to WrestleMania and it would be well received I think by the general fanbase ... even if the IWC would hate him ... because, honestly, we hate all faces.

At first, I didn't think Miz would turn face. But this definitely has the potential to be intriguing if he gets recruited to be a member of Team Long and ends up getting the winning fall. If he adds a high-flying move or two (even something simple like a flying crossbody), he could pretty easily get the fans on his side.

Regardless, I like Miz as a heel and his current role entertains me, but it is time for a change. Hell, if you can change Truth twice in six months, you can change Miz at least once.

Im not sure if its a given that he will turn face, but he should. As someone mention earlier above... He would be a natural fit as a cocky face similar to The Rock cocky face category. No im not saying he's the next Rock(no one is) But i can see him in that mold and category.

His charisma is evident, and its evident that he has to reinvent himself regardless, whether as a heel or face.. But it makes sense for him to be tried out as a Face, so see how it goes.. it can be worse than what he's doing now.. I think it will happen after Mania though.. A Miz face turn could end up being one of the key components to the WWE this year, just like how Punk's run was the key for the WWE this year

This has been an interesting topic that I have seen on forums and heard on the radio for a few weeks now and most of the key points I woul have referred to have already been covered by other posters.

So in answer to the question of a Miz heel turn I would say Yes, when that could be and under what circumstances are still unclear to us all but I do think that at some point in the nearer future Miz will turn face.
The Team Long v Team Johnny is a good spot for it but as someone said earlier it is seemingly to obvious at this point so may not happen, and could even be a 'double cross' and a tease face turn before Miz betrays Team Long.

When a guy has had a long and successful run as a top heel character they are already primed to be great faces, examples like Y2J and Kurt Angle come to mind (the latter actually cementing his crowd favouritism in a similar Group Tag Match) which could be evidence FOR this to be the situation for Miz to start or fully complete a Face Turn.
Either way Yes i believe a Face run for the Miz is more a question of when, not if.

I'm not against it, I just prefer him as a heel. With his persona it feels like a natural fit.

I doubt a turn will happen before Mania as its only two weeks away but if it does happen it will probably go down one of two ways, both involving the GMs

1)He begs Teddy for a shot on Team Long and he gets it and helps the team win.
2)He gets another shot or two at joining Team Ace and in his last opportunity he wins his match but Laurinitas turns him down in favor of someone else. As a result, during the tag match Miz interferes to screw Team Ace over

Then again I could see them solidifying his heel status by putting him on Team Long and screwing them over by walking out on the match. Tough to predict

The Miz and John Cena aren't exactly comparable.. One's the face of the company, and one's currently a jobber to the stars.

I think The Miz has just about run his course as a heel. He's fussed with just about all the big faces, so turning him face will do him some good considering the rut he's been in of late.

I think the Miz has the talent to be both Face or Heel.

He has the looks of an ideal face, and has proved he has the Mic skill of a Heel. There must be a reason he is jobbing at present i feel a big storyline is coming for The Miz at WM or right after. He went from being in the main event at Survivor Series to losing in the Midcard every week.

There was a Rumor the WWE was punishing him for Truth almost breaking his back on Raw when Miz Botched a Move (Don't know how true this is). Miz was also blamed for a Poor SS Rating.

I agree it is hard to predict what the next few weeks holds for the Miz. My fantasy prediction would be this :

As we saw The Miz want's to be in The Rocks corner at WM. He nags The Rock till he accepts. (Miz rolls off some whining and crying about how he should be there as The Rock was involved in his Main Event last year) This turns The Rock slightly heelish going into WM.
To keep the WM main event as fair and as clean as possible, an announcment is made that Cena can have someone in his corner. Cena states to his Audience he will announce this before the match at WM.
It's main event time on April 1st and The Rock enters first. Miz is next and grinning like a cheshire cat (as he does) and stands in Rocky's Corner. Cena enters and grabs a Mic. He announes the mystery person!!
The glass smashes and out he comes :)
Miz constantly attempts to interfere in the match but is cut off by Austin every time. The match ends clean (like everyone wanted) Miz got into the main event, we witness an amazing match, and Austin made a suprise WM Appearence. WM ends with Austin and The Rock passing the Torch to John Cena while The Miz lies in a Heap after a Stunner!

I think all this losing streak will lead to a Miz........heel turn at Wrestlemania. I know, iknow. He´s currently a heel, but a lot of people is expecting Miz to turn face. Maybe he will interfere in the Team Long vs Team Laurini.....Laurena.....Team Johnny Ace and give the win to the heels, leading to a storyline in which he will ask for his reward, a wwe o World Heavyweight championship match or something like that.

I hope Miz doesn't turn face. His theme is more heelish to me. On top of that I really like when he goes on his tirades during most of his speeches, and degrades everyone also heel attributes. Only way I'd be behind it is as someone already mentioned if he joins Teddy's wack team and cost them the match.

I would prefer if Miz remains a heel. He seems to be made to be the cocky arrogant heel. He could turn face, but that would be similar to Orton's face turn. People (IWC) will enjoy it at first and then start talking about how he sucks as a face and should be turned heel as he is a natural heel.

It would be best if they give him a consistent push to be a main-event heel as WWE seriously lacks main-event heels.

Any wrestler who's around long enough eventually gets a face change. In effect, he was a good guy when hosting Smackdown and his terrific speaking ability made him an interesting enough character. Of course, it's one thing to be a face as a host and another to do it as a wrestler, but with the right kind of program, I think Mizanin can easily bring it off.

The thing is, I'm bored with him in his current persona.....and apparently the company is too, since they have him jobbing to the stars in the last couple of months even while proclaiming himself main event material. Perhaps a run as a face can freshen his image and vault him back to (or near) the top.

Face it (no pun intended), we on this forum seem to recommend that every wrestler would work better as a heel, and it's been speculated that all the employees would prefer themselves to be bad guys because it's easier to get people to hate you than to love you.

John Cena is a good example of a guy who started out as a heel and converted to a face, largely by virtue of his gift of gab. Miz has the same asset, so maybe it's time. (Not to suggest that Miz is any John Cena)

Whether he turns face or not, he definitely needs a character change. He just bores me on the mic now, and i think a face turn would be good for him. The heel scene is getting too crowded right now, and the roster could do with some more interesting face's. Miz could make a good arrogant face like Rock was, as long as he doesn't try too hard to emulate the Rock, cause people will just see through it.

I'll go further, and ask... How the hell can WWE sell the Miz as a credible face who can actually win matches? Rock at least has/had his physique to compensate his "lack of skills" (to tackle in advance those who are of that opinion). Same with Cena. Miz only has his mic skills and his charisma (in case someone sees those 2 things as separate), but his inring skills are quite limited, and it's not like he's specially strong.

Are they gonna go with a "lucky bastard" gimmick, kinda like they do with Santino (when they book him to win)? How would they work that with a "cocky face" persona?

I absolutely don't see it. And I bet all the people who think "oooh, the Miz as a face would be awesome, considering his mic skills!" haven't really stopped to think about that either - and if they do, I don't think they'll find many good answers...

Miz has fallen off the map for sure. I dont know what he really needs to get over or booed more. he has a great heel persona. im not sure turning him face would do anything. i think he will be involved in the Rock Cena match for sure, but what is that really going to do. nothing! I just kinda gave up on The Miz. He really needs to go to Smackdown to actually fit in from the star studded Raw roster.

It wouldn't surprise me to see it happen. WWE has done the whole losing streak leading to a face turn before like with MVP (I'm surprised it didn't happen with the more recent Drew McIntyre). While I prefer Miz more as a heel simply because it just seems like a more natural fit for him and his persona, a face turn would certainly be refreshing. I do think Miz has the charisma to pull off being a face. I remember when Miz was first introduced to the WWE as some sort of talk show host on Smackdown a number of years ago and I recall him being very over with the crowd with his then catchphrase "HOO-RAH!" If he were to turn face as well as be part of Wrestlemania, it would have to involve him being a part of Team Teddy (which granted, is a severe step down from main eventing last year's Wrestlemania) and not screwing them out of the win but actually fighting side by side with them. However, I find him joining Team Teddy and screwing them out of the win to be the more likely scenario if he were to take part in the match.

I could see The Miz doing a face turn at Wrestlemania by screwing Team Big Johnny in the match after being spitefull that they never considered him for a high profile Wrestlemania match. Following the PPV he could be one of the top faces feuding with Big Johnny and crew. However in reality I fully expect the heel team to win so that Johnny stays in power...honestly, no one wants to see Teddy Long as GM of both show.

I could see that he be the reason Team Johnny wins and following the PPV he becomes the leader of a somewhat Corporation stable alongside Otunga and maybe some other heels or upcoming FCW guys. He can move into a feud with CM Punk and Cena down the road.

However, as a face he would have to compete with Punk, Cena, returning Rey Misterio, and Kofi/R-Truth as the top faces. But he would have fresh matchups with guys like Jericho, Ziggler, etc which could be fun to watch. If he were to go face it would be great to have him feud with someone like Ziggler for awhile and move into a feud with Jericho for Summerslam. His current persona is ready for some sort of change, whether it be a face turn or some sort of amped up heel persona, he needs something to change.

Logic. You're doing it wrong.

This is probably a debatable issue, but I don't think Miz has the personality to be a face. Don't get me wrong, there's tons of face wrestlers who are boring as chalk, but that doesn't mean we need MORE of them (here's looking at YOU, Ted DiBiase...). The only appeal Miz has for me is the ability to draw heat - I absolutely love to boo him. He brings me back to that classic heel that people actually boo because they HATE HIM, not because they're pretentious fans that have to cheer at anything with real wrestling ability (enter Dolph Ziggler...), no matter the orientation.

Miz makes the heel persona work for him - in fact, it's his completely lack of personality that actually amplifies the hate from the crowd. It's different than John Laurinaitis - he just sucks - in that he can still cut a good promo. I'm basically trying to say he's incredibly boring, but somehow turns that into a fun, believable heel... Does that make sense? Yeah? No? Whatever...

I'm incredibly open to Miz proving me wrong. I thought splitting him from Morrison was a terrible idea - wrong. I thought giving him Money in the Bank was a terrible idea - potentially wrong. I thought "I'm Awesome" was a terrible catchphrase - definitely wrong. So what's to say I won't be wrong about Miz's inability to carry himself as a face? Maybe it could work, but at this juncture I just don't think the fans are ready to cheer him. It would look obviously forced, and outside of a REALLY cool angle that got the fans behind him, they run the risk of slightly exposing the business by forcing the change upon us. I mean, kayfabe is dead, so it doesn't really matter... But sometimes I want to believe the fans can change, and once again buy into the classic face/heel roles that make the wrestling dichotomy so entertaining.

To me Miz is just like Chris Jericho. His material works best when he's a heel. Miz just has that douchebag image about him that makes you want to boo him. I'm not knockin' him, I mean he's good at that character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back