MITB: Divas Ideas (Keep it in here!!!!)

TJWWE

Pre-Show Stalwart
Before I get this thread started, I know most of the WWE fanbase are anti-diva but atleast give them a chance to atleast shine on PPV because for the past 2 PPV's, Layla and Beth have had good matches.

So with Money in the Bank as the next PPV, they are having a WWE and world title MITB ladder matches which will feature former world champions.

A thread is on here about a tag team ladder match for the belts or a money in the bank style match with 4 tag teams involved which I think could be a fantastic idea and a possibly candidate match of the year as the tag team divison are full of high flyers.

So, what I was thinking in that in a million years, we will NEVER see a diva ladder match on WWE TV so what I was thinking is that at MITB, they could have a number 1 contenders match contract on the pole match and either:
1: Have all current divas involved or..
2: Have former champions involved (Beth, Natalya, Alicia, Kelly and Eve)

So, what do you think?

I don't think most people are anti-diva. I think people are getting sick of these models posing as wrestlers getting over on real women wrestlers like Natalya and Beth Phoenix. I also think people are tired of these insulting gimmick matches they end up in.

You're right, we may never see a MITB ladder match for the Divas. That's too bad because it might spike some interest into the division. I for one would love to see it if the right people are involved. I know that Beth was involved in a ladder match down in OVW so she has the experience.

Look, in reality, the Divas division only exists to put over these models like The Bellas, Kelly Kelly, Hoeski (what's her actual name again?), Layla, McCool and the rest of them that came and went. I heard Johnny Ace picks these girls out of magazines. They're all models using wrestling as an outlet for publicity. They don't love wrestling like Beth, Natty, Gail Kim and Awsome Kong. It's a shame that WWE holds back Natty with a stupid farting gimmick and A.J. gets more airtime than the actual Divas Champion!

Gail Kim once said that Vince yelled at her backstage because her match was so good, he was afraid his Main Eventers couldn't follow it. That reason is probably why you may never see a Divas ladder match, it might actually be entertaining!

The idea is great, but WWE is going to have to get serious about the Divas first...:banghead:

Not sure how I'd feel about that idea. Contract on a pole matches never really excite me that much, and having one of the girls win this match wouldn't necessarily help them get over. Adding the former champions such as Beth, Natalya, Eve, etc would not help much either. The division means nothing, unfortunately. Granted, it's still a better idea than putting the divas in a Money In the Bank match, that will never happen. They should stick with the format they have now and put together more filler feuds until Kharma can return.

If they did book this match then I would make it a Fatal Fourway between Beth, Natalya, Alicia, and Eve. Natalya would win, then go on to win the belt so that when Kharma returns we could see an actual wrestling match from the champion and contender. That won't happen though, AJ is probably the next diva to win the belt, which I'm not entirely against. This match won't do much for the division, they should just throw together a match for the event with a contender for Layla, the fans are going to view the divas as a break regardless of what the match type is.

I think it can work if they put the right women in the match, oviously Layla would have to be in it, but for the match to work the participants in my opinion have to be Beth Phoenix, Natalya, probably Tamina Snuka, a few that come to mind are no longer with the WWE, but Gail Kim would me awesome, probably Eve Torres since she has some athleticism, and to be honest, i can't think of any current WWE diva that can do great in this match, so in my opinion for the Divas MITB to work at this moment,the fewer divas the better........

I don't think you want to involve any of the Divas in a POLE match, because they would get distracted (thinking about their past jobs) and then the match would NEVER get started! ;)

So maybe they could use a ladder instead??

Now I got distracted thinking about Nattie or AJ and the pole. What were we talking about...?

I think a ladder match for the Divas would be different and exciting, but only if you like Natalya, Beth, Alicia and Aksana, Kaitlyn and AJ. Maybe throw in a surprise entrant (like Lita, Molly Holly or Ivory-someone no longer on the roster).

I think if WWE did something like TNA's "Fiest or Fired" it would be great. Have a MITB type match for every title at the PPV. Here's an example of how I would book this year's PPV.

WWE Title- CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan
WHC- Sheamus vs Del Rio
WWE Title MITB Ladder Match- Kane vs Big Show vs John Cena vs Chris Jericho
WHC MITB Ladder Match- Wade Barrett vs Ziggler vs Christian vs Rhodes
Intercontinental/US Title MITB Battle Royal- Kofi vs Truth vs Otunga vs Swagger vs Sin Cara vs Dibiase vs Tensai vs Ryder
WWE Tag Team Title MITB Ladder Match- The Usos vs Prime Time Players vs Kidd & Gabriel vs Primo & Epico vs Hawkins & Reks
WWE Divas MITB Battle Royal-All Divas

This way we could actually see someone attempt to cash in MITB and end up losing. Ex. Swagger wins Mid Card MITB and cashes in on Christian and ends up losing.

Alright
now i know the wwe is kinda trying to bring back the women`s division.
but i wont lie i cant even remember if they have the divas title or the women`s title anymore.....

so what about once a year at MITB they have an all women`s MITB match?
winner gets a shot at the ladies title anytime or even at the men`s titles. KARMA RETURN xD
what do you guys think? if they are serious about getting real talent they could get a good gimmick match for the divas.

I like the idea just as filler like a Brodus dance or Hornswaggle skit but I'm not sure the women could pull off a tolerable match. It's kind of pessimistic but the beauty of MiTB match are the spots. I haven't seen much from any of the current Diva roster to pull off those types of spots. The men's matches are always good but the cash-ins have gotten kind of stupid to the point they remind me of the old 24/7 Hardcore Title. But a Diva with a brief case feels a little bit more fresh and could help carry the shows. In the end I am not overly excited by this idea but I would definitely watch it like a car accident about to happen.

I like the idea just as filler like a Brodus dance or Hornswaggle skit but I'm not sure the women could pull off a tolerable match.

Good point. The idea of the gals providing a counterpart to the men's MITB match makes me leery. It reminds me of pro basketball. As much as I like the idea of women having their own professional league (WNBA), I feel the product pales in comparison with NBA ball. I know the WNBA needs women to support the league....but I'm sorry, if I'm going to attend a pro basketball game, I'll see the New York Knicks rather than the New York Liberty. (even though the Knicks suck raw sewage)

The same applies to the MITB concept. I can't see a woman climbing to the top of a ladder and being knocked off, bouncing belly-first off the top rope, and crashing to the floor outside the ring, a la Jeff Hardy.

The idea of having 20 girls in the ring dragging each other around could be okay, provided they aren't stripping each other out of evening gowns. But I get the feeling if WWE was to institute a female-MITB match, it would feature a stupid gimmick like that.

On the other hand, I like the idea of WWE getting serious with the diva division. Even the occasional lingerie match would be acceptable, as long as the ultimate direction leads somewhere positive.

But the MITB?.......Maybe a free-for-all-in-the-parking-lot in which the winning diva is the first to claw her way behind the steering wheel of a car and drive away.....with the other divas' bosoms heaving in hopeless despair as they watch the winner drive off?:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back