• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Missed Chance?: Mr McMahon Stage Incident In 2008

Y-2-Jay

Pre-Show Stalwart
Ok its a new day so its a new "missed chance" its the 2008 draft and McMahon was doing the million dollar mania thing. But out of no where the stage collapsed and Vince was out till early 2009 and when he came back nothing was continued on a possible major storyline. Many people thought it was Undertaker because he has been "banished" back during this time. Then people thought it was Orton because of the fued which started in 2009. But in the end nothing happened and i mean nothing happened at all. Was this a missed chance at having a huge storyline, if you think so say how you would have done this storyline if you think it wasnt a missed chance then say why you think so.

Here is a recap if you forgot what happened.

[YOUTUBE]mcldveqRvXU&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

I had completely forgotten about that! Now that you mention it, that could have been an interesting storyline. I don't think it would have been anything major though, I think it would have turned into a normal McMahon/wrestler feud. Nevertheless I would have been intrigued to see where it went

I think it is better that a wrestler wasn't behind it. I can't remember but wasn't the million dollar thing going to happen every week? So this was just a way to stop it without them just stopping it. The whole thing just came off as a freak accident and not something someone would have set up. Just a way to get Vince off tv with him just stopping showing up.

I had often wondered, where this storyline could have gone myself. I understand that, that was how Vince was discontinueing the "Million Dollar Mania" thing, but I really thought they were going somewhere with the whole thing. I was thinking, not neccessarily a wrestler, (or at least not one who was currently on the WWE roster. maybe some sought of "supernatural" type thing. Maybe the revenge or "wrath" of the Boogeyman. If you remember, that VERY NEXT MONDAY NIGHT ON RAW, a wrestler was being interviewed backstage, and the lighting also "collapsed", and they showed camera men scurrying about. After that though, nothing more. Maybe my interpretation would have been taking the storyline back to that WONDERFUL PERIOD OF TIME WE ALL LOVINGLY KNOW, AND MISS CALLED THE ATTITUDE ERA.

I honestly don't think there could have possibly been a decent storyline to come out of this. The only possible thing to come out of the storyline would have been stupidity (or rather, more stupidity), and unless they pulled a magic act the likes of a HUGE celebrity being behind it, like Stone Cold Steve Austin or Hulk Hogan or Sting or Ric Flair or Brad Pitt or Keanu Reeves, there'd be no real surprise or much care as to WHO DID IT?!

It was Randy Orton. Oh. Zzzz. It was Jack Swagger. Oh. Why? It was Shane McMahon. Oh. Not ANOTHER WWF Invasion McMahon family feud.

Thinking about this stage incident, and the failed explanation takes me back to the match between I believe it was Shane and Vince vs SCSA with the ownership in the briefcase that rose up out of SCSA's reach allowing the McMahon's to win. Did we ever get a resolution to that angle either? Ultimately the stage incident was their way of ending the painfully awful Million Dollar Mania and Vince saying "Its all about tha monay!!" I hated that sh*t

Even though it's 2 years old it would be awesome if NXT was revealed to be the ones that took Mr. McMahon out. It would be kind of ridiculous, but it would add more fuel to the fire lol.

Totally forgot about that....it would have been funny to see Linda pop out from the curtain and tell Vince " STOP GIVING AWAY MY MILLIONS!!!". ....

i remember the big thing about this was when vince broke kayfabe and called HHH by his real name Paul. or he may have kept the storyline going by doing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back