Ministry of Darkness, one of the best stables ever???

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
Now I know this is kind of an oddball question, because as a group, the ministry was only around for what, 6 months?

Take a look at the roster of that stable.

02.jpg

07.jpg

So you have the Undertaker, obviously one of the best all time. Ron Simmons, a former WCW Champion, JBL, a future WWE Title Holder. Edge and Christian, both multiple time world champions as well. Of course you have Gangrel, Mideon, and Viscera that weigh the bottom out, but I honestly think Big Daddy V may eventually be an ECW World Champion.

So maybe they weren't great as a stable, but as far as name talent, was the Ministry of Darkness the best stable of names ever put together?

I absolutely loved the Ministry of Darkness. I think the group as a whole was outstanding. In my opinion, this is one of the few truly well developed storylines in the WWE over the past 15 years. The storyline itself is what made the Ministry so good. From the very beginning to the merge with The Corporation, this storyline played out for just about an entire year and incorporated nearly 20 characters. Brilliant.

I loved the Ministry too, even with the things they did, like the initiation of members, and the very cheesy gimmicks of the wrestlers, it was still really entertaining, and still is! (i have been watching back over my old raws, I still can't believe the pace raw had then compared to now!) I even liked it when they joined the Ministry with the Corporation, and Vince basically brought the storyline right back to himself, it was still entertaining, thats what they need now, A really good faction, but I can't honestly think of many wrestlers that would work together like the Ministry did...

You know, I thnk maybe the WWE should try somthing like that out again. Maybe not the ministry, but what RVDGirl was just saying, maybe they should do another big stable rivalry storyline involving alot of both up and comers as well as some already establishes stars, and I'm hoping they can do somting interesting for this years survivor series. Now that all three brands have GMs, we could have a triple threat Survivor Series match, and actually build onto it going into it, even have a few roster jumps to mix it all up!

While I dont think it was the greatest stable ever, I agree that it was a pretty good one. Nearly all of the members have branched off and become something huge.

I loved this storyline and this stable was one of the best IMO. This was creative genius. it just shows how far WWE as fallen as far as great storylines and groups. The Ministry was so good together and I loved the Undertaker's segments, but then again I love all of the Undertaker's segments.

WWE should really think of making something like this again. Very entertaining and kept the interest of the viewers.

There is no doubt the Ministry was great and had great wrestlers in the group but if ur talking about name talent the clear cut winner is the N.W.O. That group had or will have hall of famer wrestlers. Come on Hogan(hall of fame), Henning(hall of fame), Savage(would be in the hall of fame if he could get along with vince) and other wrestlers who were world champions in WWf, WWE, WCW, n TNA. Now i know u can say that the ministry had the Undertaker(which he will be a hall of famer when he retires by all means) but thats all they had. It took edge n christian n bradshaw years before they became truly successful singles stars. You can argue for ron simmons being in the hall of fame but at this point i dont see anyboy else from the ministry besides the Undertaker in the hall of fame.:nwo: 4 LIFE

I totally agree. Both the Ministry, and the NWO were awesome. I also really liked the whole Corporation thing, and combining with the Ministry...you know how it goes.

Wow Never Thought Of It That Way.i Was Like 7 At The Time And When I Was A Kid They Were Kinda Scary But They Are The Greatest Stable Since Besides Nwo.

There is no doubt the Ministry was great and had great wrestlers in the group but if ur talking about name talent the clear cut winner is the N.W.O. That group had or will have hall of famer wrestlers. Come on Hogan(hall of fame), Henning(hall of fame), Savage(would be in the hall of fame if he could get along with vince) and other wrestlers who were world champions in WWf, WWE, WCW, n TNA. Now i know u can say that the ministry had the Undertaker(which he will be a hall of famer when he retires by all means) but thats all they had. It took edge n christian n bradshaw years before they became truly successful singles stars. You can argue for ron simmons being in the hall of fame but at this point i dont see anyboy else from the ministry besides the Undertaker in the hall of fame.:nwo: 4 LIFE

Just to comment to your Nwo part, you see those people were already established, just because the APA, and E and C took years to become famous that doesnt mean their not all gonna get in hall of fame. i mean back then they were up and comers, and now their name value is great, so id have to say that majority of the ministry is gonna make it in hall of fame.

Other than the New Hart foundation I dont see them trying any other factions any time soon . They tried it in ECW and in their mind it failed. Never mind the fact that its real failure came in that it involved 2/3 of the roster at teh time and the faction just dint work.
And as much as people may not like them individually for sheer number of world titles alone Evolution has to be up there with Flair 16, HHH 5 or 6 Orton 2 and Batista 2

And as much as people may not like them individually for sheer number of world titles alone Evolution has to be up there with Flair 16, HHH 5 or 6 Orton 2 and Batista 2

I'm not intentionally trying to step on your toes.. but this is kind of an error, when it comes to Championships. So, if by World you mean Heavyweight Championships.. then Ric Flair-16, (or 17?) Triple H.-10, (not 5-6) Randy Orton-1, (you're assuming with 2) & Batista-2.

Now, when it comes to the Ministry, of course they were one of the best. And for the shear fact that it was a gothic group, that got over with the crowd.. that was unbelieveable. (In my personal opinion)- W.W.F. (at the time) fans weren't heavy into the gothic world.. & Undertaker made this faction work & carried all of them.. HOWEVER, if it wasn't for the A.P.A. & the Brood.. I don't think it would've went anywhere. Mideon never got anywhere, they could've did A LOT more with Viscera.. but like always, they just never use his dominating size for more than a couple monthes.. then it gets old.

Terrible stable. It happened during a phase when 'Taker became just as bad as he had been from 1990-1996. Terrible matches with little selling. With the added ''bonus'' of long draw out promos. Terrible.

They tried to push the Acolytes too hard. It might have worked if either could wrestle. But alas they couldn't. If only Bradshaw had been The Ministry Millionaire.

The Brood were the jobbers of the group. Which is really terrible when you consider that Viscera and Mideon were involved. Edge and Christain weren't even remotley intresting until they turned into comedy heels. And Gangrel was always shit. He wrestles frequently in Stoke fact fans.

And get this. Viscera AND Mideon, on PPV. WTF?

Ministry = shit

Attitude Era = Overrated.

EDIT:

As for names, no. Taker, JBL & Edge are big stars. But Edge and Bradshaws gimmicks are so different from there time in the Ministry it's hard to remeber them actually invoved in it. And Christian is a big name in TNA, certainly not in WWE.

Just to comment to your Nwo part, you see those people were already established, just because the APA, and E and C took years to become famous that doesnt mean their not all gonna get in hall of fame. i mean back then they were up and comers, and now their name value is great, so id have to say that majority of the ministry is gonna make it in hall of fame.

Yes but like it was said before E&C n JBL r so different now from there characters in the ministry that u cant really consider them as the same person. There in muh different places now with there new characters. I persobnally liked the dark n gothic E&C much more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back