Mike Knox: The Man With No Name

knocturnal

Dark Match Winner
So I'm watching the TNA PPV and the man formerly known as Mike Knox showed up and they just referred to him awkwardly as that member of Aces and 8s. Why in the world would they choose to demask the guy and have absolutely no idea what name he is going to go by? Can someone put any logic into this for me.

I know that my firend, but i mean this is just common sense. Everyone has been saying that Knox has been playing a member since the start so they've had months to come up with a name so why choose to unmask him without one.

Mike Knox seems to be the first random member that was unmasked and no one really cares if he puts the mask back on. Hell, the only note-worthy feature Knox had in WWE was his beard, and long hair. Once he was unmasked and everything was cut off.

I don't think even after they revealed him as "formerly Mike Knox" anyone had a clue who he was. :lmao: I'm personally waiting for the long-haired one to be revealed and a giant swerve is it'll be the guy "formerly known as the Goon".

Knox is obviously being used as a jobber for the group. I get how sad that sounds, considering it's more or less a giant group of wrestling jobbers, but still. Devon has made a name for himself to be a top figure head, and even D.o.C. has been well known to some, and is making a bigger name for himself in this group. Knox just doesn't stand out to me as someone who will go far, and likely will be one of the first guys the group cuts if it ever comes to that.

I don't think even after they revealed him as "formerly Mike Knox" anyone had a clue who he was. :lmao: I'm personally waiting for the long-haired one to be revealed and a giant swerve is it'll be the guy "formerly known as the Goon".

I actually think Tenay said "that's Mike Knox of WWE fame" or something along those lines, but that's pish-posh.

Either way Will is spot on with Knox's spot in the group. He did nothing of note with the WWE and he doesn't have that fanhood to follow him to TNA like some "rejects" from the WWE could provide. Knox will be the group jobber who tries to earn his loyalty back before being brought back or eventually sputter off by earning the trust of the TNA roster or being released back into wrestling obscurity.

On the impact before the ppv sting said call off your guys and I will call of my guys just give me knox so I'm guessing he is still called mike knox even if they didn't mention it at the ppv they have mentioned it before on impact more than once

The thing is Mike Knox had a great look. He was a really good big guy and I have actually brought him into TNA in a previous booking project but under the gimmick of 'The Executioner' where basically he was Jeff Jarrett's (GM at the time) right-hand man and he took out anyone that crossed the boss. Sorry I know that seems irrelevant but it's just my little example of how he could be used.

Two problems arise; 1) they have destroyed his unique look and 2) they have just brought in DOC who is another talented big man from the lower echelons of the WWE, it is believable they could make a go out of making DOC a decent star but both him and Knox? I'll pass.

I can't really think of any good reason for them to do that. The only possible thing i can think of is maybe they're trying to add some mystique to the Aces and 8's. That's the only thing i can think of is they want to play it off as they don't know why they're there and what they're going to do.

I guess they can't call him Mike Knox is because wwe trademarked that name, but according to wikipedia, his first name is actually Mike so they can use that part. Maybe they can call him "Mad Mike"? Sting referring to him as Knox on impact was probably a mistake on his part ala when Ray Traylor referred to Curt Henning as Mr Perfect in wcw when he wasn't supposed to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back