Migraines

Furyof5

Pre-Show Stalwart
I hate them. I had a horrible one last night and spent about an hour puking. I was barely able to finish Raw, though I wasnt able to participate in the LD after a little bit.

Anyone else get Migraines?

It sucks. I used to get them nearly daily. Until this past year I hadnt gotten them in a few years but theyve had a resurgence. I have no idea where they come from either, it could be sinus related however Im not sure.

I hate them. I had a horrible one last night and spent about an hour puking. I was barely able to finish Raw, though I wasnt able to participate in the LD after a little bit.

Anyone else get Migraines?

Yeah, almost every fucking day, some days are worse than others, usually if I puke they tend to die down a bit after that, I was told mine are likely caused by a combination of stress and/or a lack of sleep

Yea I have no idea what mine stem from. Ive been trying to get a CAT scan but theyre always all booked up. Too many hypochondriacs here.

I used to get them every day, it was horrible as a child, I missed so many days of school due to it. Not that I was complaining about that part though.

I thought I had finally been rid of them until they came back with a vengeance recently. Now when I get them they last for days.

Prevention
By Mayo Clinic staff

Whether or not you take preventive medications, you may benefit from lifestyle changes that can help reduce the number and severity of migraines. One or more of these suggestions may be helpful for you:

* Avoid triggers. If certain foods seem to have triggered your headaches in the past, avoid those foods. If certain scents are a problem, try to avoid them. In general, establish a daily routine with regular sleep patterns and regular meals. In addition, try to control stress.

* Exercise regularly. Regular aerobic exercise reduces tension and can help prevent migraines. If your doctor agrees, choose any aerobic exercise you enjoy, including walking, swimming and cycling. Warm up slowly, however, because sudden, intense exercise can cause headaches. Obesity is also thought to be a factor in migraines, and regular exercise can help you keep your weight down.

* Reduce the effects of estrogen. If you're a woman with migraines and estrogen seems to trigger or make your headaches worse, you may want to avoid or reduce the amount of medications you take that contain estrogen. These medications include birth control pills and hormone replacement therapy. Talk with your doctor about the best alternatives or dosages for you.

I've also found Excredin works fucking wonders, always got a bottle of that shit nearby, one in my car and one next to my bed

colorado-medical-marijuana.jpg

You should go see your family dentist, believe it or not. A lot of people have jaw problems/TMJ dysfunction, aggravated by clenching or grinding their teeth, and they often aren't even aware they are doing so. Headaches/migraines are a very common symptom associated with this. A simple night guard can often work wonders to alleviate headaches if this is the cause, or at least, one of the causes.

You're sensible to investigate other things too, but if nothing else, the nightguard could rule this out as a primary cause of your headaches. This likely wouldn't help with such things as puking, but it's still worth a shot.

I've also found Excredin works fucking wonders, always got a bottle of that shit nearby, one in my car and one next to my bed

Ive tried Excedrin in the past. I think Im more or less immune to pain relievers or even medication. Nothing ever works to prevent or get rid of them other than darkness and sleep, which doesnt always work.

You should go see your family dentist, believe it or not. A lot of people have jaw problems/TMJ dysfunction, aggravated by clenching or grinding their teeth, and they often aren't even aware they are doing so. Headaches/migraines are a very common symptom associated with this. A simple night guard can often work wonders to alleviate headaches if this is the cause, or at least, one of the causes.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! I guess this explains why I get 'em since I have TMJ. Good to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back