Mid Season Predictions: Who will win the World Series?

Who will win the World Series?

• Baltimore Orioles

• Detroit Tigers

• Oakland A's

• Toronto Blue Jays

• Los Angeles Angels

• Seattle Mariners

• New York Yankees

• Atlanta Braves

• Milawakuee Brewers

• Los Angeles Dodgers

• St. Louis Cardinals

• Washington Nationals

• Pittsburgh Pirates

• San Francisco Giants

• Other (state below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Akhilleus

Getting Noticed By Management
At the beginning of a baseball season it is nearly impossible to predict who is going to succeed and who isn't. You can't base it too much from last year because of how much teams have changed over the offseason. But now it's the All Star break. Half the season has been played, and tomorrow we will start the other half.

So have we gotten a good enough idea now of who will succeed and who won't? Let's find out. In this thread we can predict who will win the World Series in October. I'm going to have a poll up with all the teams who are leading their divisions right now, and you guys can vote on who you think will win it all.

If you want to go a step beyond that, then you can do what I'm going to do and predict the entire thing.

So let me start with mine.

For starters the AL East. Right now Baltimore is in the lead, with Toronto four games back, and the Yankees sitting right at .500. A lot of people are questioning now whether the Yankees can make the playoffs. I personally don't think they're going to stay above .500. They'll probably be in the 70 game mark, maybe around 75-79 games by the end of the season, and they'll miss the playoffs. With Tanaka out mostly likely for the rest of the season in my opinion, the Yankees don't have a fighting chance. Even if they traded for Price, it wouldn't be enough. With that being said, there's no way Boston or Tampa Bay are coming back either. So it comes down to the Orioles and Blue Jays, and I'm going to give it to the Orioles just because I think they have a stronger pitching staff.

Moving onto the AL Central. Kansas City looked pretty solid there for awhile, but the Tigers are beginning to regain control, and I think in the end they're going to keep it. Royals and Indians both miss the playoffs, along with the White Sox and Twins obviously.

And for the AL West, Oakland is currently on top with the best record in baseball. But the Angels are not too far behind, and my prediction is that the Angels go on to win the AL West. Meanwhile Oakland is going to make it as the first wild card team, despite probably having a better record than most of the other AL division winners, they Angels will have a better one and the A's will be forced to play the one gamer to decide who moves on. Meanwhile Seattle is right there with them, and I think they're going to be the second wild card team. Astros and Rangers both miss the playoffs of course.

So let's say the Angels finish with the best record and get the first seed. Then the Tigers with the second seed, and the Orioles with the third. Then the A's and Mariners fight it off in the wild card game. The A's beat the Mariners, and go on to play the Angels. Meanwhile the Orioles and Tigers face off, and the Orioles win the series 3-1 to move onto the ALCS. Angels and A's face off in a good one, and just for shits and giggles I'm going to have the Angels win in Game 5 because the A's are so good at losing in game five of the divisional round. Angels and Orioles face off in the ALCS, and the Orioles win it in seven games to move into the World Series.

Now onto the NL East. Nationals are leading it right now, but I'm going to save the Braves finish on top. Mets, Marlins, and Phillies all miss the playoffs, and so do the Nationals as they completely fall off in the second half of the year. Meanwhile in the NL Central the Brewers also have an awful second half, and the Cardinals take back control of the NL Central with the Pirates following closely behind them. Brewers, Reds, and Cubs all miss the playoffs. And in the NL West the Dodgers not only win it, but have the best record in the National League. The Giants do good enough to earn that second wild card spot.

So Dodgers are in first place, Cardinals are in second place, Atlanta is in third. The Pirates host the Giants in the wild card game, and the Giants go on to win in Pittsburgh. They move on to play the rival Dodgers, as Atlanta and St. Louis battle it out. The Braves go on to beat the Cardinals in Game 4. Meanwhile the Dodgers sweep the Giants in three games. It ends up being the Dodgers and Braves in the NLCS, and the Dodgers win the series 4-1 to go onto the World Series.

It's the LA Dodgers vs Baltimore Orioles, and the Dodgers go on to sweep Baltimore in dominant fashion to win their 7th World Series title.

Obviously now I'm not expecting half of that to come true, but it's just for fun. So if you guys want to go as in depth as I did go for it, or you could at least vote in the poll.

So who do you think is going to win it all? Poll coming soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back