Mickie, It's Time To Give Up The DDT...

TJWWE

Pre-Show Stalwart
So as we watched last night, the Knockouts match was great.. up until the botched finished. This is twice she has done this now. I know it's 2 times but they were good matches spoiled by a botched DDT. It's not just Mickie's fault but it's the other person's aswell for not picking her up in time.

She needs to stop using the DDT and have another finished. Yes, still the DDT but a different variation of it.

What do you think?

I agree. In WWE she used to botch that DDT as well. She needs to give it up and get a new finisher altogether.

she is just plain sloppy, don't blame the DDT. the whole concept of 120 pound women having enough strength to do 90% of what they do is absolutely ridiculous anyway. womens wrestling is an embarrassment to the business and should be eliminated anyway, i cant see how you can say the rest of the match was ok because it wasn't. shame on you for expecting anything different.
once Vince realizes women do not draw (hell 90% of his roster doesn't draw and couldn't talk and starving man into a dinner buffet) the rest of the business will give it up too. i cannot wait for that day.

Guys your missing something thst is very obvious in wrestling. It takes two to pull off the type of DDT she does.When does the jump and little spin the opponent has to hold her up for a sec. So some of the blame has to go on the opponent, but you're right about one thing she does need to change the finisher. She's beginning to lose a step a little, plus her opponents aren't strong enough to complete the move.

It takes two people to pull off a Jumping DDT. I personally never cared for the move no matter who is doing it because if both people are not 100% on the same page it's a botch. Also the delay for the receiver to get ready is too long. If I was her I would switch to the much more practical and in my opinion nasty looking Impaler DDT.

I've never been a fan of her verison, just like I was never a fan of the Canadian destroyer. There are certain finishers that ask for too much suspension of disbeilf, and Mickie's DDT is one of them.

she is just plain sloppy, don't blame the DDT. the whole concept of 120 pound women having enough strength to do 90% of what they do is absolutely ridiculous anyway. womens wrestling is an embarrassment to the business and should be eliminated anyway, i cant see how you can say the rest of the match was ok because it wasn't. shame on you for expecting anything different.
once Vince realizes women do not draw (hell 90% of his roster doesn't draw and couldn't talk and starving man into a dinner buffet) the rest of the business will give it up too. i cannot wait for that day.

Sorry man wish you were right but women's wrestling will always be around. I guess you missed Wendi Richter back in the 80s? As far as the ddt I have to say no matter whose fault it is if it keeps getting botched they shouldn't keep doing it. I think she should do an old fashioned bulldog finisher anyways it goes more with the cowgirl gimmick.

If she keeps botching it, she should give it up. Or maybe just go to a regular DDT. The regular DDT is not that difficult to do. Hell, look how often Tommy Dreamer and Raven used it. It was like nearly every other move, usually preceded by being hit with an object, but...

And yes, the regular DDT -CAN- be used as a finisher. A number of people have used it. Or just do a stunner or something like that. She can always say the move was getting too predictable, and opponents were starting to be able to counter it. That would be the sign of a person who is logical.

Well, if the trouble is the combination of Mickie James and the DDT then I say toss the DDT and let's have a different finisher. To be honest, Mickie James did have a different finisher in her beginnings, a more attitude era finisher which might be a bit more appropriate for TNA. The Kiss Goodnight I believe it was called. I think they changed her finisher in order to make it PG era friendly in the WWE, but obviously they don't have to worry about that anymore. It'd be one solution, anyways.

I agree that it takes two to pull off MJ's current finisher. It's probably one reason why so many really good finishers (vertibreaker, Canadian destroyer, etc.) aren't used so much anymore. These finishers depend equally on both competitors and some just can't do their part with a few of these moves.

Still, as to women's wrestling in general, I agree it's not up to par with the men's wrestling, but only because it's not allowed to be. If the booking and creative work was designated equally between the genders, not to mention having a bit more variety of characters among the women rather than most to all having basically the same character, things might be different. TNA used to be like that...but then Hogan took over to try and make TNA into WWE on a lower budget by attempting to remove everything that made TNA different. Sad, really.

I must agree with the OP. The jumping DDT just looks ridiculous. I get what she's going for when she uses the move, but it just doesn't work. There are plenty of good finishers out there for her to use that would be much easier to pull off.

As for women's wrestling being terrible, I must disagree. When you've got the right wrestlers and the right storyline, it can be excellent. TNA Knockouts' matches used to get some of the highest ratings on Impact. I hate that women's wrestling has once again become marginalized. After all, if the company doesn't care about it, why should the audience care? If it was treated less like an afterthought and more like something significant, it would really improve.

She didn't botch that, Angelina just went limp instead of jumping into it
She could just stick with the Mick Kick which is what she did initially when she was copying Trish Stratus's Chic Kick.

Personally i think it's more to the point that other people aren't doing there part

Originally Posted by yur_momma

To ask the standard, you do realise that wrestling is not real right? What aboout 95% of what anybody in the wrestling business does is not believable that
A) someone would let them do it to them,
B) guys much smaller can easily do to people alot bigger,
C) Someone gets up from it

Sorry but your argument is stupid.

Women do draw, just not the current batch. Go back to the 80-90's and they most certainly were a huge draw. Or you may aswell lump Tag Teams and any tier 2 belts into the same equation, by that logic they don't draw either.

If you don't like it, don't watch, plain and simple

I have never been a fan of the move, it doesnt look believable and as she has botched it on several occasions I think that maybe she needs to start to use a different move as a finisher. As other posters have said, there are plenty of versions of the DDT that she could use, it doesnt have to be a jumping one.

Maybe do the jumping DDT on occasion, against opponents capable of doing their share of the work, but there are plenty other moves Mickie could use to win her matches. She is talented enough to pull most of them off.

I think it would be a fine idea to start using a choke type submission hold. Seeing how Love was bullying other knockouts Mickie included,Mickie could start to adopt one counter the threat,and also make Love get a taste of her own medicine.Perhaps an armbar choke could work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back