Michael Cole unbearable again?

DxArmy

Occasional Pre-Show
If you have watched the last two episodes of RAW and episode of Smackdown (im assuming the same thing is happening on Smackdown to because I don't watch it.) you will notice that Michael Cole has went back to his pre-WrestleMania which is the version of him no one wants to see. Post WrestleMania he was doing some fantastic commentating that no one had complaints about. Now his character appears to have reverted to its old self. So any thoughts or opinions out there?

does anyone care????? nope!!!! to save being infracted. hes a heel commentator. yer not supposed to like him. and really??? 2 episodes of him supposedly being different??? get a life.

Unbearable? Really? You thought him jumping and yelling and screaming was "bearable?" I thought that version of Cole was annoying as hell and it had nothing to do with "you're not supposed to like heels." He was just really irritating. I can tolerate this Cole and the Cole before his heel turn. He's not sucking off Miz or hating on Daniel Bryan anymore or at least not as much. Of course now that D Bryan has turned heel, Cole has jumped on the Bryan bandwagon. But at least he isn't doing that annoying yelling crap he did last year. Boy that was horrible.

Cole has went quite a way since his overly annoying heel status. He's calmed down quite a lot and started to get better with the whole burying people thing he always seems to do with guys like Daniel Bryan. But Cole's hiccups on commentating still bug me to high hell. He manage to miscall Jericho's finisher twice. (He called the Walls of Jericho a Lionsault for crying out loud!) Cole is still bad, he is getting better and he still does a good enough job to not warrant him getting removed from commentary.

When it comes to being unbearable Cole was nothing compared to Cena during that final promo. Fuck me, it showed just how much of annoying cunt Cena truly is.

EH, Cole is Cole. He doesn't annoy me as much as he does with some other people. He's just there. Last year he was rather unbearable. He has potential, but then they went overboard with his matches and such.

He seems to be moving into tweener territory though. Consider when Show got "fired". Last year Cole would have been rubbing it in our faces how he deserved it. Instead he was quiet, like even he thought that was going too far, but didn't want to say it.

Yup. He has. He's been terrible.

I watched FCW the other day a great 30 minute main event commentated by William Regal and J.R.... damn! That was heaven. I was able to relax, and easily focus on the match.

When you watch RAW... you get Michael Cole yapping your ear off. He literally spends more time talking about John Laurintius over the course of a show than he does the wrestlers. Kane and Big Show were wrestling and all Cole could do was talk about Laurinitis... then he suddenly acts like he's following the match.. "Oh Big Show taking control!!!"

Post-Wrestlemania, he was excited about the product and actually focusing on the action. Now he's back to being the host of MONDAY NIGHT VIEW!!!!! Where he sits and gives his bias unreal heel opinion on mainly the same stuff over and over... for instance... John Laurintis sitting next to him, I literally seen Cole looking at Laurnitis more than the match. And Laurintis is just sitting there....

Cole needs to go... Lawler needs to go.. their both a joke. Their perfect for little kids and ******s. Regal and J.R. on the other hand... well they fucking educate us. Cole belittles me with his stupidity...

I can't believe he's been as much of a focus in the WWE for as long as he has been. This is the guy who used to get wedgies from HBK and was a nerd.... and now the biggest nerd in the company sits around calling the top talent nerds.. (like he did to Daniel Bryan). The whole Cole character is horrible... Cole is horrible... just do your fucking job and call the wrestling.

You wonder why the ratings are going down... every segment is like a Cole radio talk show where he talks about the dumbest stuff. Laurinitis texting... Vickie's dress... His fellow announcer's mistakes.

I hate Cole.. It's defiantly not heel heat... it's pure intolerable annoyingness. I could sit here all day and ramble on about how I hate Cole. That's all Ive been doing during this post.. no logic.. just random banter about why I can't stand Michael Cole.

Been a lifelong wrestling fan since I was like 8 in 1999... and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Michael Cole is by far the worst thing pro wrestling has had to put up with. I've never considered quitting watching WWE because I was annoyed by the show.. but I've shut Smackdowns off because of Michael Cole in the past.. and I've considered dropping the WWE. Cole's gotten a little better, but I still wish he would just go away.

I watched FCW the other day a great 30 minute main event commentated by William Regal and J.R.... damn! That was heaven. I was able to relax, and easily focus on the match.

When you watch RAW... you get Michael Cole yapping your ear off. He literally spends more time talking about John Laurintius over the course of a show than he does the wrestlers. Kane and Big Show were wrestling and all Cole could do was talk about Laurinitis... then he suddenly acts like he's following the match.. "Oh Big Show taking control!!!"

Post-Wrestlemania, he was excited about the product and actually focusing on the action. Now he's back to being the host of MONDAY NIGHT VIEW!!!!! Where he sits and gives his bias unreal heel opinion on mainly the same stuff over and over... for instance... John Laurintis sitting next to him, I literally seen Cole looking at Laurnitis more than the match. And Laurintis is just sitting there....

Cole needs to go... Lawler needs to go.. their both a joke. Their perfect for little kids and ******s. Regal and J.R. on the other hand... well they fucking educate us. Cole belittles me with his stupidity...

I can't believe he's been as much of a focus in the WWE for as long as he has been. This is the guy who used to get wedgies from HBK and was a nerd.... and now the biggest nerd in the company sits around calling the top talent nerds.. (like he did to Daniel Bryan). The whole Cole character is horrible... Cole is horrible... just do your fucking job and call the wrestling.

You wonder why the ratings are going down... every segment is like a Cole radio talk show where he talks about the dumbest stuff. Laurinitis texting... Vickie's dress... His fellow announcer's mistakes.

I hate Cole.. It's defiantly not heel heat... it's pure intolerable annoyingness. I could sit here all day and ramble on about how I hate Cole. That's all Ive been doing during this post.. no logic.. just random banter about why I can't stand Michael Cole.

Been a lifelong wrestling fan since I was like 8 in 1999... and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Michael Cole is by far the worst thing pro wrestling has had to put up with. I've never considered quitting watching WWE because I was annoyed by the show.. but I've shut Smackdowns off because of Michael Cole in the past.. and I've considered dropping the WWE. Cole's gotten a little better, but I still wish he would just go away.

Which is why I have Raw on Spanish commentary for the matches. SmackDown doesn't have Spanish as alternate audio so I have to deal with Cole on SmackDown.

Well,Cole is one of those guys who can be brilliant at times.....and downright awful at others. But his commentary is FAR better than Lawler's. I wish sometimes Lawler would just go away and we could have Book and Cole on Raw. Cole needs to learn to balance his character,he hates on Punk (a face) then praises Cena (a face). If you're going to be a heel commentator,BE A HEEL COMMENTATOR. Don't pick certain faces to hate (Punk,Santino) and some to praise (Cena,Orton)
. Another thing, CALL THE DAMN MATCH!!!! We don't care how hot you think Vickie is,we dont give a shit what Johhny texted you etc. etc.

Cole really is horrible as a heel. They have him trying waaaaayyy too hard to be disliked . He loves anything , any heel superstar does and its kinda got the point now where we are all like ...." ok dude we get it , your a heel , now shhhhhh"

Heel Cole is not going away. While I agree that it's run its course and he should go back to being unbiased, it's not going to happen, because he's such a great heel character that they can use him for certain segments to get more heat from the crowd. There have been some nights lately where it's been worse than others for sure, but it's not going away entirely anytime soon.

With that said, he was fantastic at WrestleMania and I would love to see more of that Cole in the future. Sometimes I watch old matches and I remember how great Cole really is when he's not having to do this heel cheerleading stuff.

THANK YOU!!!!

Cole is pathetic and has no business sitting at the RAW and Smackdown announcing booths, neither does Booker for that matter. I miss JR and Lawler combo but currently it feels like it's really Lawler having to baby sit Cole who rants like a little two year old with BS we don't care about.

Get Cole off my TV he is a useless waste of space that needs to go back to having the Rock hang a shirt over his head and taking the mic from him so we don't have to see and hear him.

With that said, he was fantastic at WrestleMania and I would love to see more of that Cole in the future. Sometimes I watch old matches and I remember how great Cole really is when he's not having to do this heel cheerleading stuff.

I agree a lot with this. When Cole actually calls the match, he is quite a good commentator. The problem with his character is he is too busy bashing the faces to concentrate on what else is happening around him. Also, him switching his loyalties is really irritating.

I don't find Cole to be unbearable. He was at his worst during his feud with King/JR. Compared to that, he is quite bearable now.

Cole is a great example of WWE ignoring their fans. And it has nothing to do with Cole being heel. It has more to do with Cole being a tool who is super arrogant and seems to think he's God's gift to commentary. Nope, not even close. If you want great heel announcers try Bobby Heenan, Jerry Lawler[in the late 90's], or even JBL. They actually were entertaining in their times on commentary and put over the talent. Cole is a douche who isn't half the heel announcer those guys were in their primes[although JBL's time was brief].

I honestly cannot comprehend WWE keeping the likes of Cole while getting rid of the best all-around announcer in Jim Ross. Another genius idea that backfired on them and now they'd rather keep Cole than admit failure. You know, the usual WWE crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back