Mexican Wrestling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexican Geek

It's good to be back!
As you can see in my sig. I'm a big supporter of Mexican wrestling, or LUCHA LIBRE style,(What could you expect, i lived 25 years there! :) ) and i know we have some fans of Lucha (Xfearbefore, AJ, Shadowmancer, just to list some names...) so keep all promotions and info here.

i'm watching AAA wrestling, they're having a major live TV show named "La Gran Traicion" (The Great Betrayal) featuring several tag teams matches.

Right know, its a 3 vs 3 match, Team Foreign Legion: Kenzo Susuki,Psicosis, and XPac!!!!! (with Alicia Webb) vs Team Mexico: El Zorro, Intocable and Laredo Kid. BTW, Xpac used the DX music as his entrance theme, i wonder if he asked permission for that..

Some good spots in the match, Laredo Kid is a Super high flying luchador, and Intocable and Zorro are good wrestlers as well.

SICK senton by Laredo kid to Xpac who was outside of the ring, landing in a table, but Kenzo Susuki pinned Zorro after a power bomb for the win.

Main event is "The Messiah of Wrestling" (lame gimmick...)Ricky Banderas vs "The God of Wrestling" (got the point??) Cybernetico.
These two have been in a long feud, with banderas as the leader of the faction known as "La Secta" (the sect) and Cybernetico as the leader of "the Hell Brothers". As a side note, Konnan (the same TNA Konnan) is with "the foreign legion" and "the secta".
BTW The match is a no holds barred match.

Match started, some out of the ring brawling.. back at the ring, some low blows, clotheslines, nothing really great....
main action is outside, with interference of "the secta" beating the hell out of "chessman" who was on Cybernetico corner...La parka and El Zorro came out to help Chessman.
At the end, Cybernetico gave Banderas a stiff chair shot to the skull, and 1 2 3 Cybernetico won the match.

im really looking forward to "Triple Mania" (anybody noticed the rip off...?) who is the biggest event of the year, and you can see really good matches, including "Luchas de apuesta"(bet matches) hair vs hair, mask vs mask, title matches and some sick air action.

this time, a little tribute to one of the BEST technical wrestlers in the history, not only in mexican wrestling, but this guy was like a Benoit-Bret Hart kind of guy: Roberto Gutierrez Frias, EL DANDY. Outstanding submission move set, greek-roman wrestling expert....very skilled guy!
Heres the profile and some highlights:

Name El Dandy
Real name Roberto Gutiérrez Frías
Nicknames El rudo de los ojos verdes (The green-eyed rudo)
Trainer(s) Diablo Velazco, Pedro Anguiano
Birth date October 2, 1962 - Tijuana, Baja California
Debut March 1981 - Guadalajara, Jalisco
Lost mask to n/a
Height 5'7"/170 cms
Weight 200 lbs/91 kg
Signature moves: "La Dandina" (La Magistral), Running Tope Suicida, Flying elbowdrop
Titles: National Featherweight Title, National Welterweight Title, NWA World Welterweight Title (2), NWA World Middleweight Title (2), National Middleweight Title, CMLL World Middleweight Title (3), WWA World Tag Team Titles (w/ Chris Jericho-), NWA World Light Heavyweight Title, WWC Hardcore Title, National Light Heavyweight Title

Even Bret Hart said it man!: HOW ARE YOU TO DOUBT EL DANDY!? LOL! Want to see it? CLiCK HERE

Only thing I don't like about lucha libre is they got too many dam 6 man tag team matches. Week after week it's the same thing. Nothing special ever happens other then wrestlers flying around the ring and ripping masks off each other. That formula is old and just kills lucha libre for me. So I don't even bother watching anymore.

Coltx7, you are right saying that week after week is the same thing, but you have to consider that the product is not as big as in the WWE (money, organization, marketing) and is focused to another kind of market, a more modest one. I think you can buy a good ticket on the floor for a AAA show with 20 bucks, something that in WWE means that you are on the roof or simply there are no tickets that cheap.
About the masks being ripped, yes,it happens over and over again, but for me, that is a sign of a fair good match, because you know that your mask is the most valuable thing there, so if you beat the hell up a guy and also you ripped the mask off, you probably will end in a mask vs mask match.(only if its a built feud)
you should give mexican wrestling a try, there a another promotion that you may like more:the CMLL, this one is less gimmick focused and is based in technical matches and high flying action, the two ingredients of a good Mexican match.

I used to watch CMLL Triple L and AAA years ago. So trust me I know lucha libre very well. Ocassionaly they pull off some really good matches. It's just that after 10 years of 6 man tag team matches I could not watch anymore. Also last time I watched AAA I saw Juvi Juice in some fued with his old man and it put me to sleep. I watched AAA for a few weeks and the fued went nowhere. Also when they took the mask off Cibernetico that just killed me. I know there has been a small handful of big WRESTEMANIA type lucha libre pay per views. However they were never shown here in the USA go figure. When they do show the TripleMania it's always VAMPIRO and KONAN is some really bad bad awful matches. As far as El Dandy I remember him years ago. He was alright for his time. Now as far as championships belts go in Lucha Libre they make no sense to me. If anybody cares to school me in the billion belts they have please do so. Anyway is GALAVISION the only channel for lucha libre? By the way sorry if my reply is not 100% on topic.

I been trying to find a dealer which I can buy AAA from every month. Some weeks I just can't watch the show due to work or whatever. But I love watch Lucha Libre though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back