• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Memorable moments that perhaps weren't so memorable

This is impossible. Chris Benoit won the World Title in WCW at Souled Out on January 16th, 2000. The title was immediately vacated. Benoit was never the WCW champion in the WWF. Even if he was, Tazz didn't debut with the WWF until the Royal Rumble and he wasn't the ECW world champion. He didn't win the ECW title again until April of 2000. By that time WCW obviously had a new champion (probably a few by then) and Benoit was deep in the middle of his story lines.

Sorry pal. :(

oH AND BY THE WAY LOOKING AT THE TAPE AGAIN, AT THE VERY BEGINNING OF NITRO THEY SHOWED CHRIS BENOIT BEATING SID FOR THE BELT,AND ON RAW THE SAME NIGHT HE SHOWED UP WITH THE RADICALS AND WAS THE ONLY ONE TO WRESTLE THAT NIGHT AND ALL THE RADICALS INTERFERED AND THIS IS WHEN EDDIE GUERRERO SEPERATED HIS SHOULDER FROM A FROG SPLASH, ON NITRO THEY HAD A MATCH BETWEEN SID AND KEVIN NASH TO DETERMINE THE NEW WCW CHAMPION THE MATCH WAS A NO CONTEST AND SID DIDNT BECOME THE REAL WCW CHAMPION UNTIL THE NEXT NITRO, SORRY FOR POSTING THIS HERE BUT I HAD TO GET IN THE BRAINS ASS FOR TESTING MY WRESTLING INTELLEGENTS....

oH AND BY THE WAY LOOKING AT THE TAPE AGAIN, AT THE VERY BEGINNING OF NITRO THEY SHOWED CHRIS BENOIT BEATING SID FOR THE BELT,AND ON RAW THE SAME NIGHT HE SHOWED UP WITH THE RADICALS AND WAS THE ONLY ONE TO WRESTLE THAT NIGHT AND ALL THE RADICALS INTERFERED AND THIS IS WHEN EDDIE GUERRERO SEPERATED HIS SHOULDER FROM A FROG SPLASH, ON NITRO THEY HAD A MATCH BETWEEN SID AND KEVIN NASH TO DETERMINE THE NEW WCW CHAMPION THE MATCH WAS A NO CONTEST AND SID DIDNT BECOME THE REAL WCW CHAMPION UNTIL THE NEXT NITRO, SORRY FOR POSTING THIS HERE BUT I HAD TO GET IN THE BRAINS ASS FOR TESTING MY WRESTLING INTELLEGENTS....

I didn't say a thing about your post:shrug: Since you brought my name into it though I would like to point out you have your facts mixed up. It was April of 2000 when Tazz, as ECW champion, wrestled Triple H on Smackdown. Tazz winning the title from Mike Awesome at that time is a great moment for this thread though. A WWF superstar beat a WCW superstar for the ECW title at an ECW event while they still operated as independant organizations. Very unique and a good example of what should be a memorable moment that doesn't seem to be remembered.

well to get back on track how about whenjake the snake was "teaching" the ultimate warrior the way to beat undertaker by setting him all weird tasks.

on the final one he sent warrior into a snake pit and warrior was bitten when he opened a box that contained a viper.

i think the video was on wwe.com not that long ago

I didn't say a thing about your post:shrug: Since you brought my name into it though I would like to point out you have your facts mixed up. It was April of 2000 when Tazz, as ECW champion, wrestled Triple H on Smackdown. Tazz winning the title from Mike Awesome at that time is a great moment for this thread though. A WWF superstar beat a WCW superstar for the ECW title at an ECW event while they still operated as independant organizations. Very unique and a good example of what should be a memorable moment that doesn't seem to be remembered.

Yes, this is the point I was making. His facts are confused. Tazz wasn't the ECW champion when he debuted, so even if Triple H had pinned Benoit and Tazz on the same night when Benoit first debuted, he didn't beat the WCW and ECW champion. If we want to squabble over whether or not Benoit was still the WCW champion at some point because he was never pinned, then that leads you down a road to a lot of wrestlers who had their belts stripped.

Anyway, to keep this post from being off topic, another moment that was awesome but seems to get forgotten was the Goldberg spear of Bret Hart with the steel plate. Man the crowd marked out for that. Bret Hart counting the pin was cool.

Another is when Rey Mysterio almost beat Flair for the WCW title in like 1999 I think on an episode of Nitro. Good match and was one of the few times I ever rooted for Rey against a star like Flair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back