• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Meltzer | Magnus Offered Contract to Return to TNA

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Over the past few years, Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, Eric Young, and Samoa Joe, among others, have departed from Impact Wrestling to go on to other wrestling ventures. In 2015, former TNA World Heavyweight Champion Magnus left TNA, and proceeded to compete for Jeff Jarrett’s Global Wrestling Federation. Magnus spent seven years competing for TNA, and left after his feud alongside Mickie James with James Storm and Serena.

According to Wrestling News, Impact Wrestling is interested in bringing back the 30-year-old former champion.

“It looks like Anthem is interested in bringing back a former TNA World Champion. Dave Meltzer reported on Friday that TNA has made a contract offer to bring back Nick Aldis (aka Magnus). At press time, the deal has not been completed but the talks are said to be significant.”

http://www.inquisitr.com/3992169/im...ampion-contacted-by-company-to-make-a-return/

--

I'm not too big on this. Magnus, to me, was arguably the second worst World Champion in company history behind Chris Sabin. While he has a great look, and his wrestling is passable, there's just not enough about him that's memorable enough that they should be looking to him as a returning asset.

If that's the goal, I'd much rather they go after Matt Morgan again, who is also teasing a return to wrestling.

I watched Magnus wrestle a few weeks ago against Mysterio on Spike in the UK. He looked out of shape and lethargic, Magnus had a lot to do with GFW and Jarrett so I wouldn't be surprised if this is were the signing is coming from.

I'd prefer Impact to reach out for Wade Barrett.

I like Magnus. You guys find everything to complain about. This guy is still a young homegrown TNA talent who the company invested in years ago. He's young yet a veteran, he's got a great look, solid mic skills, solid wrestler. Why are you complaining? TNA is low on talent in the main event. TNA can use the return of a main event guy like Magnus right about now. He's got credibility. You guys talk about giving "young talent and new people a shot" yet complain when it happens. I remember people bashing TNA for giving EY the world championship yet it paid off in the end as he became a hot act for the company. Granted, Matt Hardy is over 40 yet fans complained when TNA gave him the title yet he resurrected his career and became TNA's hottest act in a long time.

I see the threadstarter suggesting Matt Morgan, a 7ft guy who is not all that special in the ring or on the mic and is past age 40. Like really? You're going to suggest him over a guy like Magnus, who is experienced yet still has room to develop over something more? :banghead:

I'm surprised WWE didn't offer him a contract since they resigned Mickie James (if they're still together).

I remember liking Magnus when he was with TNA but I didn't really notice him leaving/care. I mean I checked out Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Kaz and Daniels, AJ and Joe when they left TNA. Magnus not so much.

If they bring him back it's all good I guess it's another body that can fill out the roster but honestly they've got a more charismatic British guy on the roster they can utilise more in Bram anyway so....

So many things went wrong for Magnus when he was the champ, but it's nothing against him. I wouldn't mind seeing him back in TNA, but I wonder who he could work with. If anything pair him up with someone like Moose or Galloway to form a new tag team with the dissolution of the Wolves.

Yeah, I'd be good with that. He did his best work working with Joe as a tag team. Far and away his best period in TNA.

Isn't Magnus married to Mickie James in real life?

I wonder, with James' recent return to the WWE, and Vince's love of muscle-bound guys, if Magnus could show up in WWE?

Mickie did manage to get him a WWE tryout but they weren't impressed enough to offer him a contract.

I think with Jarrett back in charge they will bring him back into the fold. He liked Magnus enough that he was going to carry the GFW World Title before the promotion ended up being a farce.

Magnus was good but his world title reign was bad enough. Not his fault but still.

Why not hire a better mic worker and a better in-ring worker in form of Wade Barrett? He's surely better than Magnus at both in-ring work and mic skills. So why not bring in a new wrestler?

If it's Magnus, I won't complain but if it's Wade Barrett, then I'm going to be extremely happy.

By the way, If Magnus returns to TNA then does Mickie James stays with WWE? I don't think that they would work in these two different companies simultaneously. Either both in WWE or both in TNA.

Why not hire a better mic worker and a better in-ring worker in form of Wade Barrett? He's surely better than Magnus at both in-ring work and mic skills. So why not bring in a new wrestler?.

While like most, I do hold Barrett's mic skills in high regard and agree that he's better than Magnus; I'd say the difference is somewhat negligible, as Magnus was also pretty solid with the stick.

As far as their ring work, I disagree with you. I don't think either guy is much more than average as a worker between the ropes, but I would give Magnus the slight advantage in that category.

Either way, though I'd accept both as decent additions to the current roster, the promotion is flush with good quality characters/talkers that aren't very special as in-ring performers, and they could desperately use more guys that excel at the latter and that improve Impact's overall workrate- and neither Barrett nor Magnus really does that.

I'm way more excited(though not holding my breath) to see someone from the NOAH partnership, like Nakajima or Shiozaki, show up for some appearances. Considering what the promotion currently lacks, they would be of more benefit to the product than a guy like Magnus.

I am going to have to assume that, aside from the mentioned Jarrett connection, Magnus's rumored return is to add a known Impact star from the UK to aid the company in their negotiations with ITV.

While like most, I do hold Barrett's mic skills in high regard and agree that he's better than Magnus; I'd say the difference is somewhat negligible, as Magnus was also pretty solid with the stick.

As far as their ring work, I disagree with you. I don't think either guy is much more than average as a worker between the ropes, but I would give Magnus the slight advantage in that category.

Either way, though I'd accept both as decent additions to the current roster, the promotion is flush with good quality characters/talkers that aren't very special as in-ring performers, and they could desperately use more guys that excel at the latter and that improve Impact's overall workrate- and neither Barrett nor Magnus really does that.

I'm way more excited(though not holding my breath) to see someone from the NOAH partnership, like Nakajima or Shiozaki, show up for some appearances. Considering what the promotion currently lacks, they would be of more benefit to the product than a guy like Magnus.

I am going to have to assume that, aside from the mentioned Jarrett connection, Magnus's rumored return is to add a known Impact star from the UK to aid the company in their negotiations with ITV.
Magnus isn't bad in the ring. I find him almost near to Barrett but still, Barrett interests me more be it with his wrestling skills or mic skills.

About NOAH, TNA superstars' first appearance has been announced and I will surely check out since I know nothing about NOAH or any of its superstars.

About UK wrestlers, TNA should try to hire Will Ospreay or Zack Sabre Jr. Also need to keep Drew Galloway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back