• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Meltdown (Episode 3): "The Highlight" Aaron Craig vs. Joseph Rios (Pinnacle Pursuit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wotdoiput

The Great Khali is really immortal
"The Highlight" Aaron Craig vs. Joseph Rios

On the second edition of Meltdown WZCW owner Chuck Myles made the announcement that every fan out there has been wanting. The WZCW World Title is here, and the first champion will be decided in the 6 man Pinnacle Pursuit Tournament. Aaron Craig meets Joseph Rios in a first round match up on the 3rd edition of Meltdown. Both men have been victorious in the first two weeks, but only one will have their hand raised in victory this match. So will ‘The Highlight’ be highlighting Unscripted? Or will ‘The Main Event’ be in the main event at WZCW’s first ever PPV. Tune into Meltdown to find the answer.

Keep all RPs in here

RP deadline is Friday, 27th July 2007 at Midnight Eastern Standard Time

The camera comes to life inside some building. The walls are lined with all kinds of sporting memorabilia. From Motor Racing to American Football, from Thoroughbred racing to Tennis. As the camera continues down what is a long hallway, we seen pictures of different stars. Michael Jordan, Gary Ablett, Eric Cantona, Pete Sampras. So many stars of many different sports line the walls. The camera then stops for a comment, looking around the corridor. A couple of doors can be seen further up ahead. One at the left of the hallway, the other at the right. The camera remains focused on each of the doors, almost like the operator is not sure of which room to go to. Finally the camera begins to move again, and makes a beeline for the door on the right. A hand comes from behind the camera and pushes the door open, the camera then makes its way into the room.

This room is filled with even more memorabilia. On the wall opposite the door is a huge glass cabinet, in it are trophies and medallions of all shapes and sizes. To the immediate left of this cabinet, 5 championship belts adorn the wall. As the camera gets closer we can see that these are antique belts from famous promotions from around the world. WWE, WCW, ECW, TNA & New Japan. The camera again begins to pan the room, and we can see that on the walls again many different moments and wrestlers from history. The camera then catches a figure standing in the corner of the large room. Looking up at an image of match. The camera makes its way over to the figure. As we get closer we can tell that it is Aaron Craig, wearing a blue West Coast Eagles hoodie and blue jeans. The image he is looking at seems to be the ‘I Quit’ match between The Rock and Mankind. Slowly he turns around to see the camera.

Craig: Finally the time is here. Finally all those fans out there will get what they have been asking for. The fans will get what they have been yearning for, what they have been demanding ever since WZCW opened its doors. What’s that I hear you ask? It is quite simply a champion for their company. A man, or who knows maybe even a woman, that they can look up to, respect or despise, someone that they can love or hate. A person to lead the company forward into a new age. Someone that will go down forever in history as the first ever World Champion. Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls I know your sitting their asking yourself, saying to that little TV in you lounge room. “Well what better first champion than ‘The Highlight’ Aaron Craig?”

Aaron turns and begins to walk towards the camera. The camera back pedals as he does so, looking up at the wall and the various pictures that adorn it.

The answer is quite simply no one. No one in the WZCW, in the world , in the universe for that matter is better than, or even as good as Aaron Craig. So in the end it doesn’t matter what the fans want to see, or who they want to see as champion. You see there is only one person and one person alone that will have that belt fairly and squarely around their waist after Unscripted. That person is me, ‘The Highlight’ Aaron Craig. Cheer, boo, laugh, cry, fart all you want but that is not going to change a thing, not going to change the fact that there is no one that is going to stand in my road of being the first ever WZCW World Champion.

Craig stops in front of a print and looks up at it. The camera follows his view and we see a shot of Wrestlemania X-Seven. With Austin aligning himself with Vince McMahon and winning the title from The Rock.

You know the scent and chase of a World Title, any title for that matter will make people go to many levels, go to many depths to grasp what they have been searching and fighting for. If that requires selling ones soul to the devil, then some are willing to take that step. Whereas others will just depend on their god given talent to get there.

Craig lingers a little, continuing to look up at the picture of Austin and McMahon. He then moves on, stopping in front of a picture showing The Great Khali holding the World Title Belt. Craig turns, bringing his full attention to the camera.

But on to Meltdown and the first step in what will be the reign of Craig. The first opponent or victim, the first step on the way to the WZCW World Title; Joseph ‘The Main Event’ Rios. Well Rios, you call yourself the main event, but from what I have been watching you haven’t main evented jack! Winning some Battle Royal against 5 other peons doesn’t make you any good, neither does beating ‘Iron’ Lung Josephs one on one last week on Meltdown. If what you showed last week is the best you have Rios, then ‘The Highlight’ can guarn-dam-tee you that it is not going to be enough. Taking on some low lights maybe one thing, but taking on ‘The Highlight’ is something altogether. I hope for your sake that you bring something to that ring that you have never brought before, or else you going to go home when very sad man.

Craig then looks up at the picture of The Great Khali and pauses for a second before moving on. He walks past pictures of The Rock holding up the WWF Championship, Rhyno holding the ECW title and Booker T with the WCW title. Finally he stops in front of the 5 World Title Belts that decorate the wall. Craig reaches up and takes down the WCW title. He gazes down at the belt, transfixed on it, taking it in. Craig then sighs, reaches up and hangs the belt back where it was.

You know Rios, in truth only one thing can beat me, only one thing can stop me from becoming the WZCW World Champion. Its not you Rios. Its not DC, Aries Strife, Josephs or 20 of those other hillbillies in the Battle Royal. Oh no, the only one that can beat ‘The Highlight’ Aaron Craig, is ‘The Highlight’ Aaron Craig. If my mind is not 100% on what I have yo, and am going to achieve then you will have a chance Rios. Yes a small chance, but a chance. But guess what? There is no way, no how that that is going to happen. Aaron Craig knows what it takes to get to the mountain. ‘The Highlight’ will guarantee you Rios, and all the fans out there watching, that he will do absolutely anything it takes to be the first champion.

Again Craig stops talking and gazes up at the title belts once again, taking them all in once again. Before again turning towards the camera.

Tick Tock, Tick Tock the countdown is on to ‘The Highlight’ Aaron Craig being crowned the first World Champion. But don’t worry Rios, while you maybe only my first step on that journey you will be remembered. I mean years from now at sports night the question will be asked, “Who was the man that Aaron Craig defeated in the first round of the Pinnacle Pursuit tournament?” Though it will take a while to answer the question, though people will scratch their heads, many not knowing who that nobody was. Surely one smart man at the back of the room will raise his hand and say. “That was Joseph Rios. So fear not Rios as you will go down in history, to be sort of remembered. Whereas I, ‘The Highlight’ Aaron Craig will go on to Unscripted and win the WZCW World Title, and there is not a damn thing you can do to stop me

Again Aaron turns looking at the title belts on the wall, this time it is just a glance however before he moves on. He continues to look at the pictures that adorn the wall, of different champions from different eras, as the camera slowly fades out.

The scene opens with Joseph “The Main Event” Rios driving in his car on his way to the Meltdown Arena. It is almost dark out, there is a slight hint of sun outside. He is listening to his sound system. You can hear “Party Like A Rockstar Remix” playing on his MP3 player. The scene opens on Lil’ Wayne’s part. You can see Rios making a turn, pulling into the parking lot. He parks right at the entrance and turns his car off.

Rios: Tonight is going to be a hell of a night

Rios walks to his trunk and grabs his gym bag out of it. He closes the trunk and hits the button to turn on his alarm. You hear a quick “Chirp Chirp” as he begins to walk towards the door.

Rios: Damn, I only have 2 hours before the show starts.

Rios walks into the building and begins walking towards his locker room. He approaches a door that has “Joseph Rios” on it and he walks in. He flicks on the lights and looks around seeing if the stuff he requests is in the room. He sees that all of it is, which consist of a stationary bike and weight bench.

Rios: I guess I can crunch out a quick workout until that damn interview chick gets here.

Rios changes into some sweats and hops on the bike. He grabs a remote and turns on the tv switching on Sports Center.

Rios: Damn I think Bonds will break this record within the next week or 2. He will make history just like I plan on doing by becoming the first WZCW champ.

After about 20 minutes there is a knock at the door to which Rios gets off the bike and answers.

Rios: Well about damn time you got here.

In walks Rebecca Serra

Serra: I am sorry about the wait Mr. Rios, they told me not to interrupt you seeing as how you just got here.

Rios: Never mind that. Lets hurry up and get this interview over with, I have to finish my workout.

Serra: Ok, well my first question is, How do you feel going into this Pinnacle Pursuit Tournament to crown the first ever WZCW Champion?

Rios: Well to be honest, I am fully confident. I mean I am still un-defeated and I am doing exactly what I said I was going to do. I have been kicking asses every single week since I have gotten here. And now this “Human Highlight” Aaron Craig wants to use me to catapult himself into superstardom, well let me tell you right now there Craig, it ain’t going to happen, no way, no how.

Serra: Well he himself has said that he doesn’t think that you will be any competition for him, he thinks that he is going to walk in that ring and finish you off pretty quick, what do you say to that?

Rios: Look its like I said, if nobody else has been able to stop me yet, why does he think that he is going to be the one? What makes him the Golden Boy? What makes him the “Chosen One”? Absolutely nothing, he has not proved to me that he is even capable of competing at my level, let alone beat me.

Serra: Well your match is 1 of 4 matches to determine who advances in the tournament. How do you feel about not knowing who you would even face, especially with the Battle Royal?

Rios: I am glad that you brought up the Battle Royal, cause if I am not mistaken didn’t Craig sign up for that as a backup?

Serra: I believe that he did, what are you getting at Mr. Rios?

Rios: Its simple, if he was so confident that he would be able to beat me, why even sign up for the Battle Royal? I’ll tell you why, its cause he is scarred. He knows deep down inside that he can’t beat me. He knows the only way that he will advance is in that Battle Royal. Go ahead and ask me if I am involved in that match.

Serra: Are you signed up for the Battle Royal?

Rios: There is no need, because I am confident that I will beat Craig and move on in the tournament. Unlike him, I know what I am capable of inside that ring, he doubts me which will be his downfall. He doesn’t see it or is to stupid to understand that nothing and I do mean nothing is going to stop me from claiming the title which is rightfully mine.

Rios walks over to his weight bench and puts some weights on the bar. He lays down on the bench and begins lifting weights.

Serra: So you honestly believe that he is scarred of the outcome in the match between the 2 of you?

Rios who is still lifting weights answers her question

Rios: He has to be, 8…9…10…I mean why is there a need for a backup plan if you are confident in your Plan A?

Serra: I guess when you put it like that, there isn’t

Rios: Exactly my point, its like I have said all along nobody wants to step inside the ring with greatness, as they know the outcome, 19….20 Whoo! Sorry about that where was I? O yeah, they know the outcome will be defeat and embarrassment. Which is exactly what will happen you this week Mr. Craig aka Mr Human Highlight. The only "highlight" that will be shown is you laid out in the ring from the beatdown that you received on account of stepping in the way of destiny. I am destined to win that title and I will get it my any means neccesarry. So if that means I have to take you out in our match and not even give you a chance to enter the Battle Royal then so be it. If I have to end your career then that’s what I will do, but I will get to Unscripted to fight for MY title. And “Mr. Main Event” will main event Unscripted and walk out the undisputed WZCW Champion. Count on that!

Rios continues his workout preparing for his match later on in the evening as the camera fades to black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back