Meltdown 26 - Zander Young vs Frankie Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harthan

Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
WZCWMD262.jpg

A one on one exhibition between two of WZCW's brightest.

RP deadline is August 3rd 11:59 EST.

The scene sets in Clancy's,an Irish Pub in Philadelphia.Frankie smith is sitting at a table,alongside Seamus,his trainer,and two other men.

Seamus:What an announcement that was at Civil Revolution.Ascension.the new show.

Frankie:They only made it so people like Zander din't feel bad about getting left out because of no room,and then fading into obscurity.Fine by me though,the more chance I have of apply my trade.Every single wrestler on this roster will feel my wrath.the pain.Unrelenting,unremorseless pain.And Zander,you're my newest victim.

You see Zander,we had a match against TM,may he Rest in peace-

They all laugh,before Frankie beckons them to stop.

And Showtime.By the end of the match,you were about to tap,when the competitive nature inside me,and the good deep within,protected you from tapping out and costing us our match.Then I ended up taking the fall.I took the bullet that I didn't need to.No gratitude.Not one "thanks Frank".You ungrateful little bastard.Now you shall pay.

He looks at the bartender.

4 more carlsbergs bud,pronto

The bartender nods,grabs the cans and slowly walks over,depositing the cans on the table.

Frankie starts drinking,and looks at the camera.

What's the matter Zander?Don't like alcohol.You're straight edge aren't you.Pity.You'll never experience what it feels like to have lager down your throat.

He chuckles.

Unless I force it down.

A man walks by the table,bumping into Frankies and making him spill his drink.Frankie is furious.

Man:Sorry man

He continues walking.Frankie stands up.

Who the fuck do you think you are?Do you know who I am?

The man shakes his head.

I'm Frankie Smith,the celtic destroyer.

He shrugs his shoulders.

Never heard of you.Are you in WZCW?I only watch that wrestling

What?How dare you.Of course I am.I'm the next champion.

Oh,you're that chump that keeps on losing to wrestlers like TM and Zander Young.I know you.

You suck!

Before Frankie can say anything,his 2 friends grab the man,punch and kick him and slam his face into the table.frankie grabs his can and starts to pour it all over the mans face.He starts gasping for air.Frankie then grabs Seamus' can and does it again.He shakes the can.

All done!

He crushes the can on the victims skull,who drops to the ground,barely conscious,with beer and blood running down his face.

Look at that Zander.That will be you at Meltdown.The camera zooms in on the man,who is in excruciating pain.

May god have mercy on your soul,Zander Young.

Because I sure as hell won't!

Exeunt.

A video package plays on the screen featuring clips of Zander Young in WZCW. Becky Serra’s Voice Is played over the top of the video.

Becky - One man has arrived to change the face of professional wrestling. He has risen above the competition and all expectations. Zander Young brings to you, ZANDER TV.

WZCWZanderTV.jpg

Zander and Neil are sitting in Steve McCoist’s office. The walls are painted brown and there is a map of Scotland on the wall. Steve sits behind a wooden desk, on a large, wheelie leather chair as he looks through some documents on his desk.

Steve has a green shirt and tie on and sports a stylish retro haircut with parting down one side and little, upside down triangle shape facial hair, under his bottom lip.

Neil has set up a video camera in the room to film Zander TV, looking in from the side of the table.

Steve - Alright you two, everything seems to be in order here. If you just wanna both sign here we can complete the deal.

He speaks in a strong Scottish Highlands accent.

He points to presumably a dotted line on the page. Neil and Zander take turns at signing the contract and set their pens down.

Steve - Ok guys. Wow. This will be an exciting project, eh? What are you both doing tonight? How about a celebratory drink?

Zander - Uh, I don’t drink sorry, but Neil does and I’ll still be happy to tag along.

Steve - Neil, how about it?

Neil - Yeah sure, sounds like fun. Where will we meet?

Steve - Don’t worry, I’ll send my driver to pick you up.

Neil and Zander turn to each other with a delighted look on their faces, as the prospect of perhaps a limo with a chauffer excites them.

Neil, Zander and Steve stand up and thank each other for reaching an agreement. Zander and Neil proceed to shake Steve’s hand.

Neil - Thank you so much! We are looking forward to tonight. 8 pm yeah?

Steve - Yeah, ill see you then guys, but I have another meeting to attend so if you’ll excuse me I will see you guys later.

Zander and Neil leave the room, Neil picks up his camera on the way out. Steve sits back down and lifts a briefcase up from his desk. He presses a button on the phone sitting next to him and moves towards a microphone.

Steve - Ok Dan you can come in now.

Another smartly dressed man in a grey shirt and black tie enters the room with a black briefcase. The both sit down at the table again and open up the cases. They proceed to pull out a PSP each from the case.

Dan - What game will I put in? He says in an American accent.

Steve continues to look down at his screen and says - Tennis game

Both men proceed to tap the buttons furiously.

Fade to black.

The camera is set up in the middle of the floor on a tri pod.

Screen fades in to Neil and Zander getting ready for going out. Neil is wearing a blue casual shirt and jeans. Zander is wearing a grey sweatshirt with a Dr Pepper soft drink logo on the front.
Neil is standing in front of a mirror in his bedroom, adjusting his tie, Zander sits on the bed twiddling his thumbs.

Zander - How long? he says sarcastically.

Neil - Huh?

Zander - How long do you need to get ready?, Jesus Christ!

Neil - Jesus ‘isna’ here mate. he laughs

Zander - Ah shut up! Where’s your girlfriend tonight anyways?

Neil - Out on a birthday party with her pals. There’s a birthday party at her house. Girls only or something.

Zander sits there nodding his head - Nice…Nice

Neil walks over to a bedside drawer - Hey, shut it! He takes a bottle of aftershave out the drawer and sprays some around his neck.

Just then a car horn beeps from outside.

Neil and Zander rush to the window. There smiles quickly drop from their face.

01%20fiesta.jpg

Outside the apartment in the car park, a Ford Fiesta is parked outside. The driver seems to be an elderly lady with knitted cardigan on and silver hair. Steve, the band’s newly appointed agent, is sitting in the passenger seat.

Zander and Neil walk down the stairs, on the way Neil picks up the video camera, puts it in its case and carries it to the car with him.

Scene fades out and cuts to Zander and Neil squashed up in the back of the car next to each other.

Steve is wearing an orange Hawaiian shirt with light blue jeans on.

Steve - Hey guys let me introduce you to my mum, she offered to drive us in tonight.

Neil - Hi there Mrs McCoist. Thanks very much for the lift.

Mrs McCoist - Oh what a polite young man, but call me Sheila.

Steve - So guys where do you want to go tonight? I was thinking we go to ‘Clancy’s’ that Irish pub. What do you think?

Neil and Zander look at each other.

Zander - But that’s an Irish pub Steve, we cant go to an Irish pub.

Steve - ‘How not?’

Zander - Well I’m protestant Steve, I reckon they will suss me out straight away.

Steve - Oh right, well are you protestant Neil?

Neil - No I’m not really a religious type.

Steve - Oh right.

Steve turns up the radio, Crawl by Kings of Leon plays as he taps his feet to the beat.

Zander turns to Neil - Hey, I quite like this song.

They travel for a further 20 minutes and pull up outside a pub with Irish flags outside it.

‘Clancy’s’ is written above the door on a big, wooden sign.

Zander - Hey Steve I thought we weren’t going here?

Steve - Don’t worry guys, I come here all the time. There’s loads of wrestlers here so you’ll be fine. Oh and I got that pretty girl to give you an interview for whatever match you have this week. All I know is her names Becky. She should be here already.

Zander - What? I don’t want to be interviewed in public Steve, that’s just gonna end up with drunks tryin’ to get on ‘tele’.

Steve - Well it’s arranged now so best hurry up guys.

They all step out of the car.

Neil - Thanks Sheila. He smiles and waves

She waves back and drives off into the distance.

Neil takes his camera out of his bag and turns it on. They then walk towards the door as two, burley bouncers stand between the doors.

Steve - Hey guys, just a couple of cool looking guys here, just gonna go inside if that’s alright?

He squeezes in-between the tightly positioned bouncers and the three men walk into the bar.

Zander spots Becky at a table by herself with a folder and microphone set. A couple of big, Irish men behind her have their eye on her.
Zander points her out to the rest of the crew and they make their way towards her, the pub is crowded and dark, making it difficult to manoeuvre.
Zander sits down at the table with her, Neil wanders about with the camera in his hand around the table. Steve crouches down to Zander and Becky at the table.

Steve - What would you like to drink guys?

Zander - I’ll have a….. Pepsi please.

Becky - Oh, well I’ll have a red wine please.

Steve walks off towards the bar.

Becky - So Zander, im glad you could make it. But lets get started. Anyone who isn’t living under a rock will know you and Frankie Smith have had your problems in the past. What are you hoping to get out of this match up?

A man behind Becky nudges another, larger guy next to him. He’s obviously been listening in….

Zander - Well the win obviously. That smug, Irish bastard thought he got the better of me last time in that tag team match, punking me out after the match. That was completely uncalled for. But more than anything I want to prove to him and the rest of the roster that Zander Young isn’t here to make up the numbers. I might be new here and a bit of a joker but when it comes to the ring there’s none more serious than me. Its just a matter of time when WZCW revolves around Zander Young.

Becky - Wow Zander, I never thought you were so confident in yourself, you always seemed to take things as they come.

The men behind Becky move away.

Zander - Yeah well after my last match and being left of the PPV I figured its time for Zander Young to take this place by the balls and make it my own. I’m not going to stand for what Frankie did to me, that was a big wake up call that you gotta be tough for this place. And one more thing Frankie I…

Zander jumps out of his seat after a pint of beer is thrown into his face. Before he can react he falls to the floor after he is punched in the face by an unknown man.
Becky jumps out of her seat in shock.

Zander wipes the blood from his mouth. And looks up.

Zander - What the… Damn it! I should have known.

The camera turns to show Frankie Smith standing over Zander clenching a bloody fist.

The two security guards run in and haul him and his mates away.

Guard 1 - Come on mate, enough drink for you tonight. He says as they struggle to get him out through the crowd that’s surrounded the situation.
Neil throws the camera onto the table and helps up Zander.

Neil - You ok?

Zander - Yeah, I think the bastard just burst my lip. Damn it!! He says in a rage.

Steve walks over with a coule of glasses of drink.

Steve - Oh hey guys. What happened to you Zander? Did you catch yourself on the corner of the table? Yeah I did that once. He says whilst scratching his ass.

The jukebox changes song.

“You Better Learn To Crawl, You Better Learn To Crawl, Before I Walk Away, Before I Walk Away”

Steve - Hey that’s Kings Of Leon, I Love that song.

He sings along, out of tune. Ridiculously out of tune. And he starts to do the robot in the middle of the pub. There is no dance floor in this pub and a few regulars look bemused at his antics.

Zander and Neil walk over to consult Becky as the scene fades out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back