• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Meeting Wrestlers

Mark Henry's Beard

ALL WILL SUFFER
When I was in 8th grade, "the Big Cat" Ernie Ladd came to my school. This was odd because the ENTIRE school, high/middle/elementary, had about 200 people in it. Every month, there would be a special breakfast for all the kids that made honor roll called "the Breakfast of Champions" and he was the guest speaker. Of course, being as I half-assed my way through my entire school life, I was not invited. However, my French teacher got him to speak to my French class for like 30 minutes. Unfortunately, this was before the Internet was prevalent, so I couldn't just ask Jeeves who this cuddly old man monster trying to motivate me was. I've often regretted having a wrestling and AFL legend at my disposal and not picking his brain. At the time, I simply had no clue who the fuck he was. Nice guy, even though I think I got on his nerves because I absolutely could not stop coughing while he was speaking.

So, what wrestlers have you had the privilege or misfortune of meeting?

So, what wrestlers have you had the privilege or misfortune of meeting?

Met my boyhood hero Brian Pillman, thanks to my uncle hanging out at the same bar as him. Went with my dad to pick the uncle up, and went inside. There he was. The greatest multi-sport athlete to ever rise up out of the 513. It was brilliant. I marked so hard, and I was only six years old.

Then, within the last few years, I've come to randomly run into Jon Moxley at a local watering hole. Granted we have a few mutual friends, so it's not that surprising that we run into each other. Same goes for Abyss.

A friend of mine swears Triple H came to his school in Somerset-West, not as a WWE-wrestler, but as part of a Christian outreach. I told him "balls".

I met The Undertaker at an autograph signing inside of a bowling alley around 2006-07ish. The only thing recognizable was his hair and tattoos at the time. Goes to show how much makeup and effects go into a character, a supernatural one at that.

To me he was a pretty nice guy and told me how his night was goin. Polite guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back